Bye Bye Jack Higgins! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Bye Bye Jack Higgins!

TrialByVideo

HailBGale!
Mar 1, 2015
Butler is a good footballer & forever a Richmond Premiership player. Still popular with our group too. Not his fault that he was moved on.
Dunno if moved on is the correct term. ... IIRC he, like Higgins asked to be traded. Heard Balmey say we helped him get where he wanted to go.

Reactions: 1 users

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Lets not cry Higgins left, seriously we fked up bad recruiting him at pick 17 in the first place.
We should be all hoping that stkilda finishing back in the bottom 4 and getting a pick between 22-25 for Higgins would be a great outcome.

Reactions: 4 users

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
set shots improved dramatically, don't think he kicked 2 from outside 35m in his whole time at the tiges.

• Sad
Reactions: 1 user

Number8

Tiger Superstar
Oct 12, 2010
Melbourne
Butler at his best offered more than Higgins but as we came to learn Butler was invisible when the heat was on. One of his last games was against Port at AO. He was so scared it was laughable, Dimma lost all faith in him after that and he was done as a RFC player. Saints fans are now discovering what we all knew. He is a total CAT
Ghost, we've been through this before.

Butler did not play against Port Adelaide in 2019.

It's a figment of your fertile imagination, made up nonsense to validate a dud point of view.

Continuing to say it won't make it real.

Reactions: 2 users

BillyJean17

Tiger Champion
Jul 27, 2009
melbourne
Butler at his best offered more than Higgins but as we came to learn Butler was invisible when the heat was on. One of his last games was against Port at AO. He was so scared it was laughable, Dimma lost all faith in him after that and he was done as a RFC player. Saints fans are now discovering what we all knew. He is a total CAT
Higgo will play a lot more football than butler, has a natural feel for the game, only thing holding him back is he has no real weapons other than Goal nous which is a decent trait but lack of pace I feel will hold him back from being a really decent player

Dont Argue

Tiger Legend
Jun 26, 2018
Higgins may not be electric quick by foot but is lightning quick of mind and has elite endurance ( he came 4th around the tan time trial in his first year ) He’s been running with Bohdan Babachek for years and is a very efficient runner.
He will eck out a reasonable career at the Saints but was in no way worth pick 17. His standing was due to a sensational under age year where he took all before him in SuperCoach points. Whatever that means??

fastin bulbous

Tiger Champion
Mar 30, 2010
Darwin
Ghost, we've been through this before.

Butler did not play against Port Adelaide in 2019.

It's a figment of your fertile imagination, made up nonsense to validate a dud point of view.

Continuing to say it won't make it real.
Yeh he went missing- goodness!!

• Haha

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Butler is a good footballer & forever a Richmond Premiership player. Still popular with our group too. Not his fault that he was moved on.

Yep, good footballer, but was on the fringe of our team for various reasons. Injury, we have a fair number of small forwards etc. He went for opportunity and I can't say I blame him, the opportunity was there at StKilda and he is clearly good enough to get regular AFL games and to have an impact. I suspect in the wrong place to try and fight his way back into the team.

He wanted to go, he was on the fringe, he gets regular games and plays well for StKilda - good luck to him.

DS

Reactions: 3 users

Ricemagic

Tiger Superstar
Feb 8, 2021
Higgins may not be electric quick by foot but is lightning quick of mind and has elite endurance ( he came 4th around the tan time trial in his first year ) He’s been running with Bohdan Babachek for years and is a very efficient runner.
He will eck out a reasonable career at the Saints but was in no way worth pick 17. His standing was due to a sensational under age year where he took all before him in SuperCoach points. Whatever that means??
Yes he had the highest recorded junior Supercoach average, higher than next best Gary Ablett Jnr. I was very high on him for that reason, he was a gunn as a kid. But about a year ago I read things from other recruiters from other clubs and they weren't high on him improving, they thought his best had arrived as all he wanted to be was an AFL Footballer and therefore he was way ahead of other 15, 16 years who weren't 100% into it like him, they obviously took an interest in their schooling.

So we took the chance he'd improve but he just plateaud and lots of them kids are now just as good and many are way better.

I have therefore revised my research and reviewing young players, adding the factor off whether they had reached their best or not before playing AFL Football, the Higgins effect :mhihi

Reactions: 2 users

Dont Argue

Tiger Legend
Jun 26, 2018
Yes he had the highest recorded junior Supercoach average, higher than next best Gary Ablett Jnr. I was very high on him for that reason, he was a gunn as a kid. But about a year ago I read things from other recruiters from other clubs and they weren't high on him improving, they thought his best had arrived as all he wanted to be was an AFL Footballer and therefore he was way ahead of other 15, 16 years who weren't 100% into it like him, they obviously took an interest in their schooling.

So we took the chance he'd improve but he just plateaud and lots of them kids are now just as good and many are way better.

I have therefore revised my research and reviewing young players, adding the factor off whether they had reached their best or not before playing AFL Football, the Higgins effect :mhihi
If you happen to discover a formula for working out whether a player has reached their best before playing AFL, please pass it on to Mathew Clarke.
It would be worth a fortune!!!

• Haha

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Time will tell on Aarts, his contribution from less games has been as good as what Higgins was. Aarts was still a rookie last year, Higgins leaving would've freed up some cap space.

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015

Many recruiters thought Jack Graham was a man child and had reached his potential with no upside ;) :)