Bye Bye Jack Higgins! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Bye Bye Jack Higgins!

Barkdog

Tiger Rookie
May 5, 2004
Bendigo
What was with the melee in the first half….seemed like Higgins and broad toe to toe.
and then later Higgins took Floss’ legs out from under him…..hmmm the talk about him not being popular seems to have legs.
You don't often see Broady get worked up like that.....he looked pretty angry with Missy, wonder if Higgins had a pop at him?

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
Higgins walked off “yeah, that’s why I left this crap team”

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Higgins is not popular with the Tigers.

He left under acrimonius circumstances and the boys didnt take it too well, he is not afforded anywhere near the time or respect given to Butler.

Reactions: 1 users

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
And to think we couldve taken Allen instead .......................

Allen and Balta in the same draft.

Reactions: 1 users

BrisTiger24

Out: Chimp In: Camel
Oct 16, 2003
Brisbane
I said in another thread, the lack of embrace for Higgins let us down. No doubt he'd be playing right now but he didn't want to buy in. After all we game him through his grief. *smile* him.

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
There were certain rumours circulating a while back and one of the most popular players retired. Just maybe there was something in that.

It’s safe to say Higgins is not very popular with the RFC.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
There were certain rumours circulating a while back and one of the most popular players retired. Just maybe there was something in that.

I said it the day he asked to leave.
*smile* him.
I just pissed we missed out on Allen

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
You don't often see Broady get worked up like that.....he looked pretty angry with Missy, wonder if Higgins had a pop at him?

He did. Broad had just spilled a mark and it slipped through and they kicked a goal. Higgins ran past him and gave him a clip I think around the head, may well have said something too as broad reacted very strongly. Higgins clearly not liked by his ex-teammates. Clearly something went on there with him.

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013

Doesn't sound like the rumours that were circulated would make them so negative towards Higgo. If another player had slept his g/f then they'd be behind Higgo, clearly its the opposite.

Something clearly went on and some bad blood has been spilt there. It could be as simple as, the club stuck with him through all the brain surgeries etc, and as soon as he had the chance to jump ship, he didn't try and repay the club, decided he wanted to leave whether he had a contract or not. Maybe the players see him as a deserter.

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
Has copped a flogging for his selfish play over the weekend which burnt Gresham. Kicked 4 behinds too. Plenty of calls for him to be dropped this week. It's sure not working out for Higgo as he'd planned.

Last edited:

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
Has copped a flogging for his selfish play over the weekend which burnt Gresham. Kicked 4 behinds too. Plenty of calls for him to be dropped this week. It's sure it's not working out for Higgo as he'd planned.
That burn of Gresham was diabolical. Typical of the selfish way he plays. He's really not that good a player.

Reactions: 2 users