Bye Bye Jack Higgins! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Bye Bye Jack Higgins!

Dyer'ere

Licensed to kazoo
Sep 21, 2004
After all these years Jack Higgins still has nothing to declare but his genius. A genius that works like ten men.

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
Leigh Mathews had a crack at higlet.
Seems to get most of his goals out the back. Which means he doesn’t man up.

Dyer'ere

Licensed to kazoo
Sep 21, 2004
Leigh Mathews had a crack at higlet.
Seems to get most of his goals out the back. Which means he doesn’t man up.
Perfectly reasonable crack, seVen.

But Higgo is a tall and we don't hold it against Buddy or even Tom J Lynch when they pass the defender on the break.

We can be pretty sure that much as Ratten used stratagems to send Butler to huge early (phoney) season goal tallies, he has done with Higgins.

That said, I'd like to see Higgins kick plenty more.

Reactions: 1 user

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Also funny that Kings kick was going through for a goal. All Higgins needed to do was ensure the defender couldn't get near it (and he had the right position to do it), but got caught out of position and it hit his back and into the post. Port go down the other end, kick 2 points and they lose.

Number8

Tiger Superstar
Oct 12, 2010
Melbourne
I'd take Butler back in a heartbeat. Higgins can GAGF.
Largely agree.

There's only a handful of things our club has stuffed up in recent years and the Butler trade was right up there.

The pathetic draft pick he landed us only made it worse. Smacked of hubris at the time.

Higgins was different because he actively tried to get out and made no secret about it.

That said ... I reckon either or both would fit in quite nicely about now.