Callum Coleman-Judas - extricate yourself to Nth Ballarat, you git | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Callum Coleman-Judas - extricate yourself to Nth Ballarat, you git

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
If he really is going to North it does not surprise me. More money and more opportunity. Footballers have a pretty short career, most don't make it and they have to take their chances when they can. It would be nice if he stayed but it looks like, currently, we simply don't have the cap space. I think he can be a very good player, not totally convinced but he should be coming into some of his best years now and may get better, it is a gamble either way. I figure we have less cap space as we have been premiers for 3 of the last 4 years, whereas North just got the spoon, stands to reason we are paying more for our players. Such a pity we couldn't have got more VFL games into him over the last 2 years to really see if he was capable, and then if he did show form in the VFL tried him out more often in the AFL. In any case, Samson Ryan is 6cm taller!

Chol going I am relaxed about. He is capable but flakey.

Talia in? This is a good question. I would think 2 years while we sort out whether Miller can make it. Seems a decent replacement for Astbury and Miller is an unknown at this stage. Again, let's hope there is a decent VFL competition for Miller (and for that matter Samson Ryan) to work on their development.

DS

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
If he really is going to North it does not surprise me. More money and more opportunity. Footballers have a pretty short career, most don't make it and they have to take their chances when they can. It would be nice if he stayed but it looks like, currently, we simply don't have the cap space. I think he can be a very good player, not totally convinced but he should be coming into some of his best years now and may get better, it is a gamble either way. I figure we have less cap space as we have been premiers for 3 of the last 4 years, whereas North just got the spoon, stands to reason we are paying more for our players. Such a pity we couldn't have got more VFL games into him over the last 2 years to really see if he was capable, and then if he did show form in the VFL tried him out more often in the AFL. In any case, Samson Ryan is 6cm taller!

Chol going I am relaxed about. He is capable but flakey.

Talia in? This is a good question. I would think 2 years while we sort out whether Miller can make it. Seems a decent replacement for Astbury and Miller is an unknown at this stage. Again, let's hope there is a decent VFL competition for Miller (and for that matter Samson Ryan) to work on their development.

DS
How does getting Talia for 2 years sort out whether Miller can make it?

Reactions: 1 user

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Let him walk to the Pre Season draft.

and whats the point of that?

We will have to take less than we would normally expect. I would expect Pick 38 and either a swap of 2nds this year or next. Its unders but as good as we will get.

We will take that and package all those picks up to the Dogs and the Pies. Theres a way to do it and it makes sense for all parties, we can make this work for us, but will take a bit of dealing.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Let him walk to the Pre Season draft.
No
Can't happen.
We laugh at Collingwoods drafting over the last 5 years.
2017 has been a disaster.
2 top picks have walked out.
I can't believe he isn't heading to Adelaide but that shitful who cares football club.
North have bent us over

Dont Argue

Tiger Legend
Jun 26, 2018
Should there be a VFL competition next year, who is going to play 2nd ruck, FF and CHF?
Our cupboard is absolutely bare of developing talls if Chol and CCJ are gone as reported.
We have Sampson, Caddy and the mythical creature Mate should he actually exist.
One thing is for sure. Our priorities have now shifted from midfielders to KP forwards. If we don’t get one in a hurry, Jack will retire and leave us with a gaping hole that we won’t have time to fix on the run.
Our team balance has suddenly become a state of emergency and that doesn’t even allow for injuries to our current tall stock

tigertime2

Our cup runneth over!
Mar 22, 2008
Bring in Talia and Tarrant and move Balta forward. A stop gap I know but quality.

Reactions: 1 users

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
How does getting Talia for 2 years sort out whether Miller can make it?

Gives Miller time to develop and we see if he is good enough, and means we are not relying on a player who has had 1 game, interrupted development with the VFL not playing and Talia can play if Miller doesn't turn out to be good enough. Looks ok to me if Talia is not too pricey.

DS

taraba

Eat em alive!!!
Jul 27, 2004
Planet Earth
Gives Miller time to develop and we see if he is good enough, and means we are not relying on a player who has had 1 game, interrupted development with the VFL not playing and Talia can play if Miller doesn't turn out to be good enough. Looks ok to me if Talia is not too pricey.

DS
In the end Miller will prove that he’s good enough and then Norf will poach him on another five year contract.

French Tiger

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2004
No
Can't happen.
We laugh at Collingwoods drafting over the last 5 years.
2017 has been a disaster.
2 top picks have walked out.
I can't believe he isn't heading to Adelaide but that shitful who cares football club.
North have bent us over
Plus Naish delisted from that draft as well

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
As long as Talia can make it on the field and is sound enough physically he will be a handy time buyer for the RFC, that will cost no picks and very little coin.

Talia gives time to help Balta level up and also gives Miller and any new young KPD to develop.

He was a top liner.

He also knows the song already too.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Played in front 80,000 in his first game, if he goes to lol@norf the prospect of playing in front of 8,000 will have been too enticing for him.

Bill Haverchuck

Tiger Superstar
Jun 27, 2011
As disappointing as this is hopefully its the last time a young player leaves for more oppurtunities for a long time..
With a lot of our players retiring over the next 2-3 years there will plenty of spots opening up so no need to leave...
We simply can't keep bleeding young talent...

This also makes our list age profile imbalance worse..

Last edited: