Callum Coleman-Judas - extricate yourself to Nth Ballarat, you git | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Callum Coleman-Judas - extricate yourself to Nth Ballarat, you git

tigermouseau

Tiger Superstar
Apr 19, 2004
Why don’t we go after the CJ from the Hawks - he was their best player before he got injured. What was his injury.

Last edited:

Number8

Tiger Superstar
Oct 12, 2010
Melbourne
I feel a bit more bullish about our position here than others.

While everyone is talking about North's leverage, don't forget it is us who has the relationship with the player.

Assuming that the relationship hasn't gone south, and the communication lines are open, there is always the chance the kid rethinks his position.

North's situation is actually worse, in my opinion, if a deal can't get done during the trade period.

By walking CCJ to the pre-season draft, they take the risk he changes his mind under heavy pressure from us, plus it robs them of the chance to target another player with that pick. I doubt they want to take that path.

In any event, the idea that the player isn't worth pick #20 because he's only played a handful of games in four years is disingenuous. If our negotiating is any good, that argument will be shot down in an instant.

Big guy taken at pick #20, four years' development at the best club in the land, limited opportunities due to having two premiership ruckmen in front of him, not to mention robbing himself of games due to suspension ... sorry, he's worth pick #20 this year at a minimum.

It's a delicious test of our negotiating skills. I'm pleased with what we've been saying publicly these past few days.

But, on recent form, I'm not as confident as I would like to be that our guys will broker a fair result.

Fingers and toes are crossed.

Last edited:
Reactions: 10 users

daniel30

Tiger Superstar
Jun 14, 2010

While everyone is talking about North's leverage, don't forget it is us who has the relationship with the player.

Assuming that the relationship hasn't gone south, and the communication lines are open, there is always the chance the kid rethinks his position.

North's situation is actually worse, in my opinion, if a deal can't get done during the trade period.

By walking CCJ to the pre-season draft, they take the risk he changes his mind under heavy pressure from us, plus it robs them of the chance to target another player with that pick. I doubt they want to take that path.

In any event, the idea that the player isn't worth pick #20 because he's only played a handful of games in four years is disingenuous. If our negotiating is any good, that argument will be shot down in an instant.

Big guy taken at pick #20, four years' development at the best club in the land, limited opportunities due to having two premiership ruckmen in front of him, not to mention robbing himself of games due to suspension ... sorry, he's worth pick #20 this year at a minimum.

It's a delicious test of our negotiating skills. I'm pleased with what we've been saying publicly these past few days.

But, on recent form, I'm not as confident as I would like to be that our guys will broker a fair result.

Well said.

Reactions: 1 user

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014

- Yep, good posting. Love that possibility (highlighted). Would be "Delicious." Of course, Tazz could join in the laughter with his new team-mates at PRO.
FWIW, sure CCJ was on the Zoom with all the boys on Brownlow night.

123cups

Tiger Champion
May 1, 2016
We’ve operated in very good faith with other clubs for years.

North are not.

The amount of times we’ve overpaid or accepted unders in good faith makes this situation feel totally unfair. Do North want to trade like Essendon or be more like us?

Reactions: 3 users

silvertiger

Tiger Rookie
Aug 28, 2014
If North low ball us with CCJ, all I can say is watch out when Tarryn Thomas comes out of contract at the end of 2022.
He's not a Richmond man type.......not physical enough. Does not exude competitiveness. That 's what we go for.

King Kong

Tiger Legend
Aug 26, 2016
He's not a Richmond man type.......not physical enough. Does not exude competitiveness. That 's what we go for.
WTF did we draft him then? Completely butchered that draft with Higgins and CCJ as our 1st 2 picks.

Reactions: 1 users

Cooper O'Reilly

Tiger Matchwinner
Mar 5, 2021
silvertiger was referring to Tarryn Thomas, not CCJ
Looking at how CCJ handled himself at Kabab Gate I'd suggest the same applies to him. Stack stood up to the moron and gave him what for whilst CCJ just seemed to disappear.

That's how the limited footage of the incident looked anyhow.

Willo

Tiger Legend
Oct 13, 2007
Aldinga Beach
With crows Tom lynch to North
is CJ still leaving to go to North?
Supposedly as a coach with the option to go on the rookie list. Usually plays as the link up connector.
Different role completely to CCJ. I don’t see why he still wouldn’t go there btoz

frickenel

Tiger Champion
Jul 30, 2003
Hidden Valley
Why can't the AFL figure out a trade formula based on contract offer, length of contract and the age of the player in question? Of course, this should be a transparent formula, as SHOULD be the FA compensation formula.

That way, if a team is interested in poaching a player, they have to take all of this into account when making a contract offer. The teams should be able to come up with their own trade if they can, but if they can't then the formula kicks in say at the start of the last day of the trading period. Why not the end of the trade period, because at least this would give a team like Richmond in the CCJ situation to trade / package te points in further trades if they so wished.

This would keep all parties honest, unlike the honesty of the AFL with their FA formula which i suspect might not exist at all.

Reactions: 4 users

taraba

Eat em alive!!!
Jul 27, 2004
Planet Earth
Why can't the AFL figure out a trade formula based on contract offer, length of contract and the age of the player in question? Of course, this should be a transparent formula, as SHOULD be the FA compensation formula.

That way, if a team is interested in poaching a player, they have to take all of this into account when making a contract offer. The teams should be able to come up with their own trade if they can, but if they can't then the formula kicks in say at the start of the last day of the trading period. Why not the end of the trade period, because at least this would give a team like Richmond in the CCJ situation to trade / package te points in further trades if they so wished.

This would keep all parties honest, unlike the honesty of the AFL with their FA formula which i suspect might not exist at all.
Clubs should be able to trade players to the clubs of their choice. Not the player’s choice. This ‘nomination’ thing is rubbish. Clubs need some power with player movement.

Reactions: 4 users