Callum Coleman-Judas - extricate yourself to Nth Ballarat, you git | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Callum Coleman-Judas - extricate yourself to Nth Ballarat, you git

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Northern 3yos (3.5). 20-year-olds have rucked in premiership sides too, but if you want to make a habit of collecting shiny stuff, you hasten slowly 99% of the time.

It's an analogy, by definition imperfect. Now tell me the last time a 20yo rucked in a premiership.
Mark Lee 1980.

Edit

Just checked the General was 21.

CCJ will be 21 next year.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users

T-Shirt Tommy

Have you got the oven on?
Apr 11, 2011
Why not replace Chol with CCJ next match?

If he's playing the minutes that Chol currently is, IMO that would be the perfect workload for him.

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Why not replace Chol with CCJ next match?

If he's playing the minutes that Chol currently is, IMO that would be the perfect workload for him.
It's a thought, Hafes. Swap the ruck duos from yesterday. But I think Soldo gets another go, and Nank comes in.

Bullarto Tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 17, 2012
Mark Lee 1980.

Edit

Just checked the General was 21.

CCJ will be 21 next year.

If he's three-quarters as good as The General, T-Man, then he will be an absolute ripper.
Hope he has that little bit of mongrel in him that Lee brought to his game.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Is he better then Vickery?
Is he better then Griffens?
Is he better then Elton?
Is he better then McBean?
Is he better then Homewood?
Is he better then Elser?
Is he better then Francis?
Is he better then Barling?

Tony Braxton-Hicks

There are no stupid ideas, just stupid people
Aug 10, 2004
The Playboy Mansion
I've been saying for the past 2 months that he'll be ahead of Soldo and Chol after another preseason, but he's come so far since his AFL debut that he is probably already past Chol's inconsistent efforts and more versatile than Soldo as a second ruck to Nank.

If we had another few weeks in the season we might have had a chance to test this, but I doubt we'll completely overhaul our ruck division now.

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Is he better then Elton?
Is he better then Elser?
Potentially :cool:

Bullarto Tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 17, 2012
Is he better then Elton?
Is he better then Elser?

Don't forget Ray Boyanich or Richard Lounder, Zipps

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
Good chance CJ surpasses Soldo and Chol as early as next year IMO, Mabs has shown signs of providing the flexible forward/around the ground ruckman we are craving from an athletic point of view but far from it terms of possessions, (only 3 last week). CJ is moving better than I thought him capable of, (at least at VFL level), and is just a natural footballer & generally gets mid teen possessions so promising signs:

Below taken from the VFL report on RFC website:

Callum Coleman-Jones

19 disposals, 17 hit-outs, one goal, nine marks (four contested), four tackles & two clearances

“He's playing career-best footy, playing above the level as a ruck/forward. He was pinch-hitting in the ruck when ‘Nank’ (Toby Nankervis) was off the ground. It’s just his cleanliness in the air and at ground level, he had nine marks of which four were contested. He’s a really nice player in the making for us and kicked a nice goal late in the game.”

Reactions: 1 user

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
In Nancojo
Out Choldo ?
Not just yet, reckon CJ will make another dramatic improvement with another pre-season, he was top of the pops in terms of improvement after the last off-season.

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
A future starting midfield of CCJ, Ross, Stack and Bomptapeli looks exciting

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
footage of CCJ from the VFL looking really good. Really starting to remind me of the Hawthorn ruckman now.