Callum Coleman-Jones Welcome to Richmond | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • If you are having trouble logging in to the forum please contact [email protected] // When reseting your password or awaiting confirmation please check that your email is correct and also your junk/spam emails.
  • IMPORTANT! Our inbox is full of email errors from members who have not updated their emails, please follow the instructions on how to update here
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Callum Coleman-Jones Welcome to Richmond

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
Was the shinning light yesterday I thought , not starring but good signs . Rudeford said somewhere that he’s too slow for a KPP , I don’t disagree, however I see him been able to play very well as our deepest forward , he’s bloody strong with great hands and think he’ll be better suited as the stay at home then Lynch or Jack and if the smalls can find there timing they should be able to swop plenty as CJ won’t get out marked very often one on one.

Castagna -CJ- MJ

Jack -Lynch- Rioli D

Reactions: 1 user

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
Was the shinning light yesterday I thought , not starring but good signs . Rudeford said somewhere that he’s too slow for a KPP , I don’t disagree, however I see him been able to play very well as our deepest forward , he’s bloody strong with great hands and think he’ll be better suited as the stay at home then Lynch or Jack and if the smalls can find there timing they should be able to swop plenty as CJ won’t get out marked very often one on one.

Castagna -CJ- MJ

Jack -Lynch- Rioli D
Yeah, that forward line would give a few defences nightmares.

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
CJ would've taken more marks yesterday than Nank, Jack R and Lynch combined last night. That's not a criticism of them, CJ is simply an outstanding mark.
I know it's a different level, but I'm sure, whether he's forward or in the ruck CJ will get his hands on the ball, and when he does he'll mark it, because he's a one grabber.
CJ's inclusion must happen, it will give us another outlet, and will free up Jack and Tom and give Nank a chop out.

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
CJ would've taken more marks yesterday than Nank, Jack R and Lynch combined last night. That's not a criticism of them, CJ is simply an outstanding mark.
I know it's a different level, but I'm sure, whether he's forward or in the ruck CJ will get his hands on the ball, and when he does he'll mark it, because he's a one grabber.
CJ's inclusion must happen, it will give us another outlet, and will free up Jack and Tom and give Nank a chop out.
And allow Balta and DTLD to stay in defence where they can be most use to the team.

Reactions: 2 users

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
All of the above - CCJ will mean the opposition can't just put all their players on Jack and Tom and we should get more separation and space. Plus leaves Noah and Dave in the back line where they can monster the opposition forwards.

Plus, less blocking space and more attacking from our small forwards. Having small forwards block space has been inspired and contributed greatly to our success but the game has changed and we need to make adjustments.

DS

Reactions: 1 users

turk-d-tiger

Welcome to Richmond Football Club - Daniel Rioli
Dec 1, 2007
melbourne
With CJ playing deep that also allows Jack & Lynch to move futher up the ground so effectively removing the double teaming of fowards by defenders

Just about all teams are now starting to accept that the new rules suit 3 tall foward line and we must adapt

Hope Dimma realises this before its too late.

Reactions: 1 users