Callum Coleman-Judas - extricate yourself to Nth Ballarat, you git | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Callum Coleman-Judas - extricate yourself to Nth Ballarat, you git

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
I think that would be a good thing, have the small forwards concentrating more on crumbing than on defending space. The game has changed slightly and protecting space is not the advantage it has been for a few years. This is an adaption we can make and we can make it with a big advantage in 2 big key forwards, hopefully with Lynch more mobile than he has been, and a third key forward with more smarts than just about any other player and a licence to roam and create havoc.

What's not to like about that?

DS
In: Parker, Stack, MoJu (Stack's not quick but he's too good not to be in). It means Aarts is out, but we want to win the flag, don't we?

UKTiger

Tiger Legend
Jul 11, 2010
Shipston on Stour, UK
In: Parker, Stack, MoJu (Stack's not quick but he's too good not to be in). It means Aarts is out, but we want to win the flag, don't we?
Reckon Parker needs a few VFL games to learn the Richmond game plan and philosophy before committing him to the firsts unless in an extreme emergency

Reactions: 2 users

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Reckon Parker needs a few VFL games to learn the Richmond game plan and philosophy before committing him to the firsts unless in an extreme emergency
The way we play a bloke that has played the game for 5 minutes
Could pick it up.

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
This.

Makes for a potent forward line. Look how many goals WCE got from marks and set shots, we need 3 tall forwards. Plus, it's not as if our smalls are kicking bags.

DS
The Weagles got nearly ALL their goals from marks, OR frees - which are set shots. I think Dimma said only 1 or 2 from general play. No wonder they kick so straight - it's their game and they are well practiced in it. The surest way to score, with the least pressure if you can control what's in your head, just need to kick straight.

Whereas too many of our guys can no longer handle a set-shot. Want to play-on or hook-kick - even from near dead in front.

Last edited:

JimJessTorp

Barrels it!
May 20, 2009
An armchair in Sydney
*snip*

Whereas too many of our guys can no longer handle a set-shot. Want to play-on or hook-kick - even from near dead in front.
It's the Alpha-male effect, Scorpio!

Dusty does it, and soon everyone else is doing it.

A bit like Big Terry from the Canadian Club ads.

Or me, as all my friends are also getting pudgy and soft, shouty, and starting sentences with "when I was young...".

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

btoz_01

Tiger Legend
Apr 5, 2004
If we lose CJ to Carlscum :vomit
id put it down to our MC not giving him game time because they were pig headed about playing a second ruck

year of the tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 26, 2008
Tasmania
If we lose CJ to Carlscum :vomit
id put it down to our MC not giving him game time because they were pig headed about playing a second ruck

Why would we lose CCJ - apart from rumours from dodgy sites I think the club is making all the right noises to wanting to keep him and I can’t see him leaving a premiership club that he has just cemented his spot in the top 22.

If he hadn’t got a game this year then it’s a different conversation.

Reactions: 1 user

No 4

I did what I did for the Tigers - Bridget
Feb 11, 2005
nunawading/mitcham
Why would we lose CCJ - apart from rumours from dodgy sites I think the club is making all the right noises to wanting to keep him and I can’t see him leaving a premiership club that he has just cemented his spot in the top 22.

If he hadn’t got a game this year then it’s a different conversation.
CCJ is well ahead of Chol. second half will see CCJ in a 3 tall attack line and with finals football. Why would he then leave?

Reactions: 1 users

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Just throw in a lifetime VIP membership to old mates Kebab van on the Goldie and Lambs on Chapel for the big fella.

That'll keep him happy.

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
As a forward CJ is ahead of Chol.

Soldo comes back in 2022.

I have to say, if we have to choose I reckon CJ stays and Chol goes.

DS

Reactions: 7 users

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
If Hardwick plays Cj deep, Lynch high half forward and Jack wandering high up the ground.
With Rioli junior, Castagna and Aarts surrounding him.
That would be our best foward set up moving forward.
Cj will stay if he knows he is best 22. Hardwick knows he has player that can take a mark on the wing or behind the ball or playing deep forward.
He plays He stays.
He gets dropped when lynch returns, see ya later

Reactions: 7 users

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
If Hardwick plays Cj deep, Lynch high half forward and Jack wandering high up the ground.
With Rioli junior, Castagna and Aarts surrounding him.
That would be our best foward set up moving forward.
Cj will stay if he knows he is best 22. Hardwick knows he has player that can take a mark on the wing or behind the ball or playing deep forward.
He plays He stays.
He gets dropped when lynch returns, see ya later

Not sure if Maurice will make it this year but hope he does. Rioli senior might get back in on workrate. Aarts might be vulnerable. We also have Stackman and Mr Parker as wild cards.

T-Shirt Tommy

Have you got the oven on?
Apr 11, 2011
Just throw in a lifetime VIP membership to old mates Kebab van on the Goldie and Lambs on Chapel for the big fella.

That'll keep him happy.

Oh *smile* no. Worst souvlaki ever.

You want the best souvs, get him a lifetime VIP membership to OK Billys in Mordialloc.

Reactions: 1 user

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
Hardwick has changed his plan. 3 talls and a ruck. CCJ plays for the remaining part of the year.

Hardwick, Hartley & co know 200cm key forwards / rucks don’t grow on trees.

He stays. 4 years @ $600k per year.

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
Agree
Was good to see a down the line kick marked.
Love Tom but generally he is a *smile* mark. Has cymbals for hands.
Don't agree with that on Lynch. No doubt he's had some confidence issues with his marking at times but he's currently 14th in the league for contested marks per game at 2 per game. His best year was 2.8 which would put him 3rd this year. Interestingly, just 3 games but CJ is currently 4th. We have power marking ability but advantage can only be maximised when 3rd man is not allowed to punch over the top.