Callum Coleman-Judas - extricate yourself to Nth Ballarat, you git | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Callum Coleman-Judas - extricate yourself to Nth Ballarat, you git

The_General

It's been a very hard working from home
Staff member
May 4, 2004
Didn't say when he was injured prior to last night, but Hardwick definitely admitted he was carrying something.

Spirit of Jack

Only a Tiger premiership can make 2020 a good year
Apr 19, 2004
I've not seen a game that bad from a big man...since Samson Ryan! Both played under injury duress, buy oh my!

Reactions: 1 user

Dyer'ere

Licensed to kazoo
Sep 21, 2004
CJ's gift is that he can get it. Last night was aberrant and I think he would have got it eventually.

His weaknesses are defensive. When we got him he had no idea of how to box out and, as we saw again last night, he's still easily pushed off the ball. And once he's brushed aside he's out of position to defend. And even when he's in position he's not strong here.

He can catch. And, if he can hold position, spoil. But again holding position. Boxing out. Got a lot of work to do. And he's always going to be weak in holding position. The first thing he could do to address that is keep moving but the tank isn't there yet.

I think he's a keeper. Very immature. And that is fine for a ruck.

Long term prospect.

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
I think he's a keeper. Very immature. And that is fine for a ruck.

Long term prospect.

I broadly agree Capn, he's a rucking baby.

but im gonna make the hard call,

and straight swap him for Jacob Hopper.

we've got 5 ruckman and Mabior Chol,

and 1 busted up champion A-grade inside mid.

I think its a realistic deal, and potential win:win

Dyer'ere

Licensed to kazoo
Sep 21, 2004
I broadly agree Capn, he's a rucking baby.

but im gonna make the hard call,

and straight swap him for Jacob Hopper.

we've got 5 ruckman and Mabior Chol,

and 1 busted up champion A-grade inside mid.

I think its a realistic deal, and potential win:win

ATM we are the bitches of Norf's bitches. (Norf beat GCS.) Pretty low in the cluster *smile*. Hopper would be our M1. And I think he's no good.

But CJ wouldn't get us Hopper, brother.

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
Ive been a potential fan of CJ from day one , lots of good options both ways re him forward or Ruck , imho hes a fwd / ruck atm, however I think he becomes a true 50/50 , as the strength comes his starting to show his got very good hands , 2 queries for me are pace as a forward and strength as a ruck , I Think he’ll be a handy second ruck in the hitout , however will become good around the ground and as a forward he’ll be a very good second stringer if we have good crumbers .

Id like to keep him as he should now start to really improve, I wouldn’t give up what we paid for him, it would have to be a better investment

Reactions: 2 users

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Ive been a potential fan of CJ from day one , lots of good options both ways re him forward or Ruck , imho hes a fwd / ruck atm, however I think he becomes a true 50/50 , as the strength comes his starting to show his got very good hands , 2 queries for me are pace as a forward and strength as a ruck , I Think he’ll be a handy second ruck in the hitout , however will become good around the ground and as a forward he’ll be a very good second stringer if we have good crumbers .

Id like to keep him as he should now start to really improve, I wouldn’t give up what we paid for him, it would have to be a better investment
Hardly as a 2nd ruck?
He got replaced by Pickett because he was clueless in the ruck.
He is very slow Thats the issue.
Hawkins makes him look like Steve Jurica.
The forward we need and should've had was the mobile Oscar Allen.
Coleman Jones went from a pick 15-25 to pick 45-60 on thurzdey night.
We were asleep at the 2017 Draft

The_General

It's been a very hard working from home
Staff member
May 4, 2004
Some overreactive posts I think. The team is playing horribly. Doesn't mean our kids are horrible as a result.
Calm heads folks.
Nankervis ain't quick, and his crash and bash style, will probably only have 2 years left before his body breaks down.
We need options. Remember, Sydney thought Nankervis was their weak link. They'd kill for him now I reckon.

Reactions: 5 users

French Tiger

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2004
Needs to put some muscle on. Some of his 1 on 1 work looked like he was straight out of the under 18's.

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Going to cut CJ a lot of slack, he went into the Suns game with his calf strapped.
He should not have played, some interesting selections this year taking players into games when they are clearly injured. Shed should not have played Thursday night either.

Reactions: 1 users

Tigers2011

What did I miss dad?
May 6, 2007
Mt Waverley, Victoria
He may have been injured on Thursday but some of his efforts inside defensive 50 were terrible, including being out marked twice from memory. Was not watching the ball and committing to the contest.

Can’t play solely as a forward with Lynch & Riewoldt as that makes us far too slow, so needs to improve 2nd ruck ability. He’s young & time will tell. His one advantage is he can rest forward so can be rotated through there, especially when Lynch rotates out & plays at CHF. Time will tell.

richards42

making the crowd roar
Sep 15, 2005
Gold Coast
A big developing ruck key forward is exactly what we need. Nank and Soldo are first choice at this stage but both are very injury prone.
Reiwoldt is one year off being finished. The kid is developing nicely. A few more games into him year and a big preseason in the gym and who knows how good he can be.
If he wasn’t on our list we would be looking around for one and paying premium for one.
Someone like a Parish is what we need at the moment.

Tony Braxton-Hicks

There are no stupid ideas, just stupid people
Aug 10, 2004
The Playboy Mansion
He's probably been misdirected this year, trained as a KF and second fiddle to Chol in the ruck, so his ruck work and physical development has suffered. That said, we'll need a decent KF with Jack close to the end and Nankoldo to return in 2022.

Thursday was an aberration, played injured. Even then you've got to expect inconsistency from a young tall in his first handful of senior games. There was plenty of crap served up by more experienced teammates on the night.

Last edited:

UKTiger

Tiger Legend
Jul 11, 2010
Shipston on Stour, UK
Hardly as a 2nd ruck?
Nothing to do with playing injured then? A calf injury stops jumping and quick movement

Reactions: 1 users

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Hardly as a 2nd ruck?

If there is one reason why I'm glad I haven't blocked you yet, its the laughs I get when you go on one of your rants.