Callum Coleman-Judas - extricate yourself to Nth Ballarat, you git | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Callum Coleman-Judas - extricate yourself to Nth Ballarat, you git

Baron Samedi

Tiger Champion
Apr 20, 2016
Geez he looked *smile* good on the weekend.

Considering our ruck surplus, does anyone here think he could play CHB?

Keep in mind that Harris Andrews is *smile* tall, from memory over 200cm.

We don’t wanna lose Nank or Soldo.

CHB beckons I reckon.

mad_tiggy911

Tiger Legend
Mar 30, 2009
Was huge on this kid before the draft. By far the best tall with highest ceiling in his class.

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
Extremely encouraging comments by Fly McRae on CJ within the below VFL preview:

Twenty-year-old Coleman-Jones, 200cm, has averaged 15.4 disposals, five marks, four tackles and 17 hit-outs across 17 games this year, as well as kicking 10 goals.

McRae is bullish about what his young ruckman is shaping into.

“He’s been a real standout in terms of development,” McRae said.

“The two-year growth for him has been profound. We had a really targeted program for him last year that he grew within, and this year he looks like he’s gone to a whole new level.

“I think he’s a really exciting prospect. His ground level stuff and his contest-to-contest stuff is as good as any I’ve seen at this level for a young, developing ruckman and we’ve got high hopes for him."

• Love
Reactions: 11 users

Bullarto Tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 17, 2012
Geez he looked ******* good on the weekend.

Considering our ruck surplus, does anyone here think he could play CHB?

Keep in mind that Harris Andrews is ******* tall, from memory over 200cm.

We don’t wanna lose Nank or Soldo.

CHB beckons I reckon.

Still reckon he stands the chance of being a very good around the ground follower, but in the meantime I don't mind your suggestion Baron of playing him at CHB.
Could be good as the occasional chop out at CHF also.

Reactions: 1 user

year of the tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 26, 2008
Tasmania
Well who would have thought.

We have CCJ and Balta pushing for seniors next year together with a returning Rance.

Our stocks in tall players suddenly looking quite deep.

Reactions: 2 users
Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
CJ is tracking better than any of our other talls. Really filling out & starting to dominate at VFL level. I'm really excited by what 2020 brings for him.

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
You can really see it with this guy. Going to be a player.

Can't you? Mobile, coordinated
CJ is tracking better than any of our other talls. Really filling out & starting to dominate at VFL level. I'm really excited by what 2020 brings for him.

Agree 100%. What a player to have bubbling away. Coordination and agility have improved so much. Can really run and spring at the ball. Bit of Spider Everitt to him.

And there is zero pressure on him. Soldo, Nank, Chol and CCJ. That's a luxury. I'll eat my hat if a club doesn't come for one of them at trade time this year.

Reactions: 4 users

yandb

Tiger Champion
Mar 24, 2004
I would like to see him dominate the ruck contests against the VFL ruckmen first.

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
i reckon his development is probably the most exciting on the list. It hasnt translated to AFL games yet, but you can see what is (hopefully) coming.

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
I would like to see him dominate the ruck contests against the VFL ruckmen first.
Looks like he'll get an opportunity on Sunday against that massive lump from Willy. Reckon he'll be doing seriously well if he breaks even on that bloke.

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
What CJ will give us that no ruckman in my memory has (bar the all-too-brief Ottens who was mainly a forward with us) is a dominant aerialist. He outmarks packs from in front, and launches over them from behind, and has Tom Lynch-sized mitts.

We've developed him beautifully. The regular rests last year was brilliant management. He's gone from a big kid to a big man, and look out after another pre-season.

Rfc4Ever

Tiger Legend
Oct 5, 2007

Agree 100% with his ruck contests.

His work around the ground and marking is a real highlight.
Still a kid. With the right attitude (which he has in spades and is a leader), more experience and a bigger body through another pre-season he could be a very good AFL ruckman.

ToraToraTora

Two outta three ain't bad.
Mar 21, 2005
QLD
Wow today. Wow. 20yo. Right? Absolutely dominant markologist. Sure, harder to do at AFL level, but has all the tools. Hate to say it, but I reckon Nank will be usurped by about R10 2020.