Callum Coleman-Judas - extricate yourself to Nth Ballarat, you git | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Callum Coleman-Judas - extricate yourself to Nth Ballarat, you git

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Rumour mill suggests clubs have offered late first rd picks for CCJ in the past years... Considering he himself was an early second rounder and has 4 quality years of development in him (albeit last year wouldn't have had much or any further development other than hopefully a very expensive lesson learned) why would you start all over again potentially setting the club back another 4 years?
I don't think we would by choice, hence why they've been knocked back, but he is out of contract this year and if he won't sign then we have our backs against the wall. I could see Adelaide coming hard for him. They'd see a front 4 (ruck and forward) of Thilthorpe, Himmelberg, O'Brien and CCJ as locking away their talls for the next 5 years at least. Take out O'Brien and probably 7 years.

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
I’m big on getting CJ in, I’m just not sure how we get the balance right, both CJ and Lynch are not great below the knees and neither are real quick, so that then puts a lot of pressure on our smalls for thier pressure. Nank definitely needs to have a few rests during games as he is clearly our best ruck/follower , I’d like to see it happen and we maybe able to do it while saving Nanks, Lynch and Jacks legs

Reactions: 1 user

Dont Argue

Tiger Legend
Jun 26, 2018
I’ve seen CCJ pick it up off his toes.
Think you’re underestimating his ability below his knees.
He’s also very smart and competitive.
Not real quick as you suggest

TheCan

Tiger Superstar
Jul 17, 2011
Adelaide arw going after him with everything they have... and to get him cheap too.
IMO priority signing...

1 CCJ
2 Prestia
3 bolton

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
I wouldn't mind seeing how we look with 3 talls. It's working for the Dogs, not sure whether Dimma will want to go back to that set up though.

Long Lost Hernaman

Tiger Matchwinner
Oct 19, 2007
Adelaide arw going after him with everything they have... and to get him cheap too.
IMO priority signing...

1 CCJ
2 Prestia
3 bolton
Let's see how that works.
At the trade period meeting, Adelaide recruiting manager comes into the RFC room.
Blair pushes play on the tape deck....oh we're from tigerland....
Adelaide man curls up in the foetal position in the corner

• Haha

jokershoppe

Tiger Champion
Feb 17, 2008
U could count on one hand ruckman who can play forward,so u really think a first round pick for cj is almost not enough.
Gws alone have several top mids but not a single ruck forward in its list.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Should've been in our best 22, but one stupid act has put him behind others.
If he dosent get a game by the bye. Wave him good bye

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
CCJ is in interesting one. In theory he should be ready to go, I haven’t seen enough VFL live to be in or out. Big boys take longer but there’s a fine line between waiting and squeezing every last drop of value he has on the trade market. He can change the speed of the next generation up success so far. If he doesn’t show something this year at AFL level it’s fine, he has time. But he definitely isn’t untouchable in that scenario.

Reactions: 1 users

Bill Haverchuck

Tiger Superstar
Jun 27, 2011
Ben Brown kicked 3 today , Weideman 7 so at least one of those will come in...
Fritsch will be back next week apparantley , throw in picket and petracca and of course Gawn pushing forward and we can't afford to have balta/astbury out of the backline playing in the ruck so CCJ has to play.

Reactions: 6 users

lamb22

Tiger Legend
Jan 29, 2005
He's a big lug like Lynch. Can we play both?
I'd say yes. The game has changed/ Lock it in the forward line doesn't work as well as it did. The pressure work has been pushed to the wings and midfield. Ergo more space for the big men and also more important that marks are taken rather than the ball being run out. CCJ in makes both Jack and Lynchy more dangerous. Pity Marlion makes CCJ redundant as a ruckman :D

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users