Callum Coleman-Judas - extricate yourself to Nth Ballarat, you git | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Callum Coleman-Judas - extricate yourself to Nth Ballarat, you git

lamb22

Tiger Legend
Jan 29, 2005
In theory, wouldn’t it be the opposite?

There’s more space, so more marks on the lead, and less contested marks attempted in packs?

A slow 195cm+ player would struggle to capitalise on that space as well as a 175-185cm forward.

Compared to today’s trend, almost all of the great forwards in AFL history weren’t that tall, and the most successful team of the modern era built their game on the smallest forward line in the comp, so where is the argument to support 3 tall forwards? I know defenders are getting taller, but that extra 10cm in height is useless if they’re 10cm too slow to react on the lead. Sorry for the rant, I’ve been entrenched in this view since 2017 lol, to the extent that I was even against picking up Lynch, so I might be on the extreme end!
You should have been at the VFL game 123cups. A lead up at left half forward by CCJ was a thing of beauty. I had called the outcome to my son before it happened. CCJ just timed and angled his lead so that his huge frame absolutely protected any attempt to spoil form behind. Great mitts in front of the body. Easy mark even though there was a cigarette paper width between him and the defender. Missed the shot though!

Reactions: 1 users

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
You should have been at the VFL game 123cups. A lead up at left half forward by CCJ was a thing of beauty. I had called the outcome to my son before it happened. CCJ just timed and angled his lead so that his huge frame absolutely protected any attempt to spoil form behind. Great mitts in front of the body. Easy mark even though there was a cigarette paper width between him and the defender. Missed the shot though!
what were his stats?

UKTiger

Tiger Legend
Jul 11, 2010
Shipston on Stour, UK
We are going to wear out Nanks in the same way we did Maric if we are not careful so instead of using undersized as ruck chop outs we need a bona fide ruck /forward to support Nanks Right now CCJ is the ideal choice as Chol has been found wanting. CCJ has shown at VFL he can mark, can ruck, can kick and tackle and not bad at ground level so lets give him a chance

Reactions: 3 users

UKTiger

Tiger Legend
Jul 11, 2010
Shipston on Stour, UK
We played Nank/Soldo for a number of games. Soldo wasn't exactly Usain Bolt.

Get him in!
Maybe Soldo wasn't fast but not many enjoyed rucking against that big lug or being hit by him. CCJ hasn't got Ivan's build or aggression as yet but I agree we need to blood him this week to see what he has got. I reckon he can do us proud

Reactions: 4 users

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Didn't see much wrong with our game against St. Kiddenme. We've run the one ruck n Grigga successfully before so happy to continue trialing Fish in a similar role, he's a more competitive ruck than Grigga, so it's not an issue for me. At our swarming best, we don't need extra lumbering talls in the squad. We get more than plenty of value from our smalls n mediums running amok.

Rancey18

Tiger Champion
Mar 15, 2014
We will run Nank into the ground if we dont find him genuine ruck support. Would be an extremely dumb error to make cooking him so early in the season.

Reactions: 1 user

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
This should go on the rumour board.
But Tommy Green wants to return to Victoria.
GWS still talking to Cj.
Straight swap??

Reactions: 1 user

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
They are desperate for Callum.

Hardwick likes Green.

It'll probably be on the cards.

Hence we took Mate and Delilah.