Callum Coleman-Judas - extricate yourself to Nth Ballarat, you git | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Callum Coleman-Judas - extricate yourself to Nth Ballarat, you git

Carter

Tiger Legend
Nov 14, 2012
So what if keeping Jack R means we lose CCJ? Culture. Fabric. Education. Leadership.

We are in the business of trading/recruiting for flags. If a promising KPF wants out, we find a way to make the best of it. Business as usual.

Reactions: 7 users

Rancey18

Tiger Champion
Mar 15, 2014
How much ruck will he actually play at North. Goldstein rucks basically 85% of game time. He played 22 games this year with 3rd total hit outs. Probably top 5 Ruckman in the comp. At 32 he wont be handing over the mantle to CJ for a few years. CJ luck if he gets 5 minutes a quarter in the ruck.

Its money and length of guaranteed contract. And I dont blame him for it
Saying he wants to play more ruck is just an excuse - definitely a case of dollars and contract length. I would have offered 3 years personally but ultimately it is what it is. The club knows what they are doing these days.

Reactions: 1 users

Rancey18

Tiger Champion
Mar 15, 2014
So what if keeping Jack R means we lose CCJ? Culture. Fabric. Education. Leadership.

We are in the business of trading/recruiting for flags. If a promising KPF wants out, we find a way to make the best of it. Business as usual.
The thing is - I dont even think Jack is the one forcing him out. I'd be hesitant to play Lynch, Soldo/Nank and CJ in the same forward line even without Jack - too cumbersome for mine.

The jury is out on whether a duo of Lynch and CJ as our two tall forwards would even work.

Reactions: 3 users

jokershoppe

Tiger Champion
Feb 17, 2008
What drama, rubbish,our list management has given us 3 flags plus last VFl flag,all in mainly compromised draft years.
Nobody here is nostrodamus,ffs your not seeing who we will draft,we have 2021 best draft hand plus Colina coming,now try to get some vision.

Reactions: 6 users

jokershoppe

Tiger Champion
Feb 17, 2008
Oleg Markov was very good for the suns, definitely his best year.
So was Brandon Ellis who has played as well as he ever has in 2021.
Jack Higgins had a decent year for the Saints, I would have thought his best
Dan Butler was nearly AA in 2020
And all either missed a flag or didn't get one.

jokershoppe

Tiger Champion
Feb 17, 2008
How much ruck will he actually play at North. Goldstein rucks basically 85% of game time. He played 22 games this year with 3rd total hit outs. Probably top 5 Ruckman in the comp. At 32 he wont be handing over the mantle to CJ for a few years. CJ luck if he gets 5 minutes a quarter in the ruck.

Its money and length of guaranteed contract. And I dont blame him for it
Goldstein doesn't like a ruck partner, always drops in performance when he's not outright ruck.

The_General

It's been a very hard working from home
Staff member
May 4, 2004
CCJ and pick #40 for pick #20?
Straight up CCJ for pick 20. That's basically holding his value after a few seasons, even though he hasn't played much.
North can argue he isn't getting a game. Tigers can argue years of development about to come on.
Pick 20 is reasonable all things considered.

Reactions: 4 users

Giardiasis

Tiger Legend
Apr 20, 2009
Brisbane
Yeah Pick 20 is fair value but NM will use the PSD threat to get discounted value. I’m hoping we only have to cough up a 3rd next year on top of losing CJ but it’ll likely be one of our thirds this year. If NM push for pick 38 alone or try to involve our 2nd rounders then the trade relationship will be damaged.

tigermike

Tiger Superstar
Apr 6, 2014
Mate can't even get through a VFL warm-up. I wouldn't be letting CuJo go in the hope he's going to be any good.
That's true but he had some knee soreness going into the game. After the game they reported he had knee tendonitis which was many months ago now. Anyone heard of a recent update on how he is progressing?

Streak

Tiger Legend
Aug 31, 2007
Western Australia
CCJ has received a much better financial offer from another club.

Yes we backed him through kebabgate and put 4 years in to him etc. etc, but he can hardly be blamed for securing his financial future.

It sounds like North's offer is much better than ours. Of course he should take it.

There is no guarantee he will become a great player, and this contract could easily be his last.

Imagine if he resigned with us for say 2 years on less money then seriously injured a knee next season. It isn't like he has had a huge contract previously to allow him the luxury of not maximising his income this time.

I get the argument that North's offer is a bargain if he does become a great player. But he is not there yet, and North's offer gives both parties an opportunity they want. And personally, I don't think he will become that great a player. Good, yeah, but life will be much tougher for him at North where there is no great list to support him.

If losing CCJ and Chol is the price we pay for 3 flags in 4 years, I am buying this stock with two hands.

Reactions: 11 users

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Yeah Pick 20 is fair value but NM will use the PSD threat to get discounted value. I’m hoping we only have to cough up a 3rd next year on top of losing CJ but it’ll likely be one of our thirds this year. If NM push for pick 38 alone or try to involve our 2nd rounders then the trade relationship will be damaged.
I can see them trying to pay for him with #38, as they know its better than nothing. Theyve got the whip hand sadly.

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
I don't get this notion that we will regret this. Regret what exactly? It wasn't Richmond who delisted CCJ, it is CCJ walking. We offered him a contract within the constraints of our salary cap and in the context of his performances to date and what we saw in terms of his development. I see absolutely no way we could match an offer from North which sounds like overs.

He is a similar forward type to Lynch so I am not convinced he would compliment our forward line.

All the stuff about Riewoldt is absurd - he came 3rd in the Coleman, yeah, let's delist the player who kicked more goals than all but 2 of the other forwards in the league.

I don't blame CCJ for taking the offer. He can get some financial security and is not yet a proven performer at AFL level, good deal for him.

CCJ is walking, we're not telling him to go.

DS

Reactions: 18 users
Feb 25, 2007
The fact Coleman-Jones has chosen to leave after the Tigers were heavily punished and supported him following that incident has left the club privately angry.

The trade value for Coleman-Jones is difficult to quantify as he was pick 20 - the first pick in the second round - four years ago but has only played nine games in that time. North Melbourne presently have the first pick in the second round of this year’s draft.

The Tigers would consider that four years of time put into a player and the contract terms offered to him to move would mean he is worth a pick better than what they originally used on him. North would argue Coleman-Jones has only played nine games in four years.

While it is unlikely to be used, the Kangaroos also have the first pick in the pre-season draft, so theoretically if negotiations failed he could walk there for nothing.

Reactions: 2 users