Callum Coleman-Judas - extricate yourself to Nth Ballarat, you git | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Callum Coleman-Judas - extricate yourself to Nth Ballarat, you git

rioli82

Tiger Matchwinner
Apr 28, 2004
This is poor by the the list management team, letting Chol & CCJ run out their contracts. Wasted 4 years of development. Given Nanks injury record and Soldo coming of a horrific injury, this could hurt us next year.

Reactions: 1 user

taztiger4

Shovelheads- Keeping hipsters off Harley's
Jul 13, 2005
Richmond Victoria
This is poor by the the list management team, letting Chol & CCJ run out their contracts. Wasted 4 years of development. Given Nanks injury record and Soldo coming of a horrific injury, this could hurt us next year.
they both have contracts in front of them from RFC

Reactions: 4 users

Gazmatron

Tiger Matchwinner
Jun 23, 2013
Irrespective of whether CCJ was a "potential" Ottens or not I can not blame him for seeking to secure his future. He could not afford to wait around without games as his value would erode quickly. Isn't it about time to start sheeting some of the problems here to the coach and the MC and their extreme lack of forward planning. Okay in 2020 when we were on a roll but for most of 2021 we were a team playing with the quality of exactly where we finished on the ladder. For game after game we continue to persevere with the players who were not going to take us forward, Aarts George, McIntosh even Pickett getting the same non performance. The fact we have given Macca an extended contract surely raises an issue of whether he will be best 22 in a team which may require some rebuild. I hope not. The only reason IMO there has been no raid on the younger talent is because of their limited exposure for reasons above and the abundance of mid sized players around. Now I know we had a series of key injuries during 2021 but to look at the JD Grimes then equal Bakes and Jack G (admittedly the future) should tell us something on why future planning was remiss

Last edited:

Teckor

Tiger Rookie
Nov 7, 2007
Clubs don't operate like that.
What comes around goes around and we've got a track record of getting deals done without being greedy.

Most likely a deal will be done. Plenty of time for both clubs to work it out.

Because we have more than enough picks. Probably also get a 3rd round compo for Chol (Pick 45). Would make 7 picks in the top 45. And that is before any North deal

It means we might have to package some of our picks to try and move up the draft. Target the Bulldogs 1st round (this year or next) & maybe Collingwood's future 2nd. 3 way deals with other teams to upgrade our picks

With North could see something like CCJ, pick 26 & pick 44 for North's pick 20, pick 38 and future 2nd round.

Last edited:

taraba

Eat em alive!!!
Jul 27, 2004
Planet Earth
Lol Norf unwilling to part with pick 20 because he only played 8 games yet they throw him a 4-5 year contract.

What a piece of crap club. Hope they fold.

Reactions: 6 users

St Kevin

Tiger Legend
Apr 1, 2014
Frankly I think he's being sold a pup $450k/ yr for 4 years, seems to be unders. If he he signed a $350/yr for 2 years with us & develops as we think he should, he'd be asking for $750 or more / year for at least the next 2 years. He'll also be a free agent about that time & will be able to ask for far more.

I agree. If he kicks on those last 2 or 3 years will be a bargain for whoever signs him.

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
I can't. He should be backing himself to be an elite tall in 2 years attracting much more than 400-450k.
4/5 years guaranteed $2mill or thereabouts. Will be 26yo then and plenty of opportunity to maximise his worth if he succeeds. Getting the best of both worlds. If he fails and stays at Tigers he gets a pittance in comparison. The smart thing to do from a money point of view is to take the North deal. Also will get guaranteed ruck time. Can only see him staying if loyalty and payback for Tigers sticking by him is most important to him but it's a huge price to pay.

Reactions: 1 users

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Lol Norf unwilling to part with pick 20 because he only played 8 games yet they throw him a 4-5 year contract.

What a piece of crap club. Hope they fold.
Who gives them money?
Seriously.
They always seem to have truck load to offer.
Pity Cj will go from playing at the G in front of 80k to Hobart or Bendigo with only 12k.
He left because of the money.
No other club wouldve offered him 4 yrs at 450k.
That's crazy

Carter

Tiger Legend
Nov 14, 2012
forget about blaming the club, this is the AFL equalisation system in all its glory.

luckily we have a smart club who can compensate for CCJ's loss in myriad ways.

Reactions: 3 users

Tenacious

Tiger Legend
May 19, 2008
Who gives them money?
Seriously.
They always seem to have truck load to offer.
Pity Cj will go from playing at the G in front of 80k to Hobart or Bendigo with only 12k.
He left because of the money.
No other club wouldve offered him 4 yrs at 450k.
That's crazy

We give them money - that’s who. You, me, Channel 7 and Foxtel viewers, AFL sponsors etc etc

The follow-up is should we give them money? And the answer is no bloody way.
The AFL needs Norf like it needs a hole in the head.
If money is to be split between 18 clubs - one of them should be in Tassie.

• Angry

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
Well if it's true and he's going to North good riddance. He cost us $100K last year due to his Gold Coast shenanigans and also most likely cost someone at the club a job. Yet we stuck by him and developed him but he repays us by giving us the arse because a shitcart minnow club offers him big money overs. Says a lot about his character and in the long run we'll likely be better off without him.

We'll probably have to take unders in a trade knowing that North has first PSD pick. But *smile* it don't want characters that bail like this at the club.

Reactions: 7 users

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
Worst case scenario we get pick 38 for him. Best case scenario its pick 20 or a future second.

ToraToraTora

Two outta three ain't bad.
Mar 21, 2005
QLD
Well if it's true and he's going to North good riddance. He cost us $100K last year due to his Gold Coast shenanigans and also most likely cost someone at the club a job. Yet we stuck by him and developed him but he repays us by giving us the arse because a shitcart minnow club offers him big money overs. Says a lot about his character and in the long run we'll likely be better off without him.

We'll probably have to take unders in a trade knowing that North has first PSD pick. But *smile* it don't want characters that bail like this at the club.
Will get a hell of a workover from Nank and Ivan.

Judge Smailes

The world needs ditch diggers too!
Dec 17, 2003
Adelaide
This guy is 22, and shows some great signs. Will be a big loss. Can mark, kick it, ruck work is ok and he has some ticker. I think we will regret this one. Having said that, what could we do? Only so many pesos to go around and Jack wanting one more year has left this guy without a starting job. Somebody needs to get Samson Ryan back in the gym, pronto!

taraba

Eat em alive!!!
Jul 27, 2004
Planet Earth
This guy is 22, and shows some great signs. Will be a big loss. Can mark, kick it, ruck work is ok and he has some ticker. I think we will regret this one. Having said that, what could we do? Only so many pesos to go around and Jack wanting one more year has left this guy without a starting job. Somebody needs to get Samson Ryan back in the gym, pronto!
Don’t think Jack staying has much to do with it. He says he wants to ruck, not play forward. The fact he chose Norf is what gets me here because we’re going to get shafted by a draft that shouldn’t even exist.