Callum Coleman-Judas - extricate yourself to Nth Ballarat, you git | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • If you are having trouble logging in to the forum please contact [email protected] // When reseting your password or awaiting confirmation please check that your email is correct and also your junk/spam emails.
  • IMPORTANT! Our inbox is full of email errors from members who have not updated their emails, please follow the instructions on how to update here
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Callum Coleman-Judas - extricate yourself to Nth Ballarat, you git

Rancey18

Tiger Champion
Mar 15, 2014
Sure, but do we know that CCJ has asked the club for a trade to #lolNorf? Or it is still agent leaked media guesswork?
Well there have been a few articles linked here in the past few pages of this thread with quotes from Jack Riewoldt stating that he has spoken with CCJ and he has told him he will be requesting a trade. So its not only media guesswork now.

Reactions: 1 user

Tenacious

Tiger Champion
May 19, 2008
Sure, but do we know that CCJ has asked the club for a trade to #lolNorf? Or it is still agent leaked media guesswork?

Jeez - just when I was resigned to losing a bloke I wanted to keep - now you’re giving me hope.
Hope can be a bastard - at least I when remember those 37 years when it was all we seemed we have.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Just heard Jack interviewed talking about how CCJ wants to go. I guess that's as official as we can get before the trade bell rings.

Reactions: 3 users

Tass

Tiger Matchwinner
Mar 3, 2005
A 2 Metre tall, who was a pick 20 in his draft year, with 4 years of development at the Premier club in the comp & is coming into his prime.

Pick 20 quite frankly is a steal, if North draft a "tall" at that pick they'll have to wait years to see what he MAY become. With CCJ they've got a pretty good idea.

If they dud us & try to get him for a rubbish 2 nd rounder, or worse still through the PSD they'll pay a heavy price down the track, from the Tigers & possibly other clubs too.

Pick 20 is what he's worth, but I'd rather keep him.
Spot on

Reactions: 1 users

The Mole

Tiger Superstar
Apr 1, 2003
I think our list management team really rate Mate Colina and think in a short space of time he will give us some unique and exciting attributes that CCJ can never give.
CCJ will be a good player but not a game changer. Adequate ruck and reasonable forward but not elite at either. Mate has size, strength and smarts.
Watch this space.

• Love
  • Wow
Reactions: 13 users

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
“Totally unproven at AFL level”? What were you expecting? He is 20 years old, 206 cm, first year on an AFL list. Made his debut after 6 VFL games on a wet night against a team that held us to two goals for the night.
So you are re-stating my statement to concur with it? Ok, thanks.

Tony Braxton-Hicks

It's Tiger Time!
Aug 10, 2004
The Playboy Mansion
I think our list management team really rate Mate Colina and think in a short space of time he will give us some unique and exciting attributes that CCJ can never give.
CCJ will be a good player but not a game changer. Adequate ruck and reasonable forward but not elite at either. Mate has size, strength and smarts.
Watch this space.
I can't wait to hear the commentators informing us that he has a basketball background. Over and over.

• Haha
Reactions: 7 users

The Big Richo

Staff member
Aug 19, 2010
The home of Dusty
Come on mess we created,3 flags isn't anything but extraordinary.

I'm all about the next three now.
Counter view is that we redirected resources to an area of greater need. Very, very comfortable with Nank and Eeevan. We really do need to address our mids however as a matter of urgency.

No issue with the ruck stocks, it's the key forwards that are the issue now.

If Lynch and Riewoldt are down for any reason who plays? If it is Nankervis, Soldo, Nyoun or Colina then I don't think we make the eight next year if they miss any significant game time.

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
We low balled him. I cant recall us d
If Lynch and Riewoldt are down for any reason who plays? If it is Nankervis, Soldo, Nyoun or Colina then I don't think we make the eight next year if they miss any significant game time.
Our best forward will play there - Dusty. Could easily kick 50 - 60 goals as permanent forward.

We just need to bolster our midfield which is the clubs plan.

nikolasmia

Tiger Superstar
Sep 3, 2007
How many ruckman do you want on the list .

we had 6.

now we have 4 .

I don’t see the big deal about ccj

he left for money and opportunity , fair enough

there is however absolutely no doubt that if we really wanted him to stay we would have provided both more money and opportunity , but we didn’t . We didn’t , because we had better options .

ccj is worth much more to the kangaroos than he is Richmond .

the point is though ccj is exhibit A , as to why you should never ever draft an 18 yr old ruckman before pick 40.

they take 5 years to develop , are pretty much useless till then , and when they are ready they get poached by teams that really need a ruckman .

we just got Nanked .

Last edited:
Reactions: 13 users

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
No issue with the ruck stocks, it's the key forwards that are the issue now.

GEORGE :))

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users