Callum Coleman-Judas - extricate yourself to Nth Ballarat, you git | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Callum Coleman-Judas - extricate yourself to Nth Ballarat, you git

JamesTiger82

Follow me...
Nov 28, 2012
Melbourne
Poor effort by Coleman-Jones. Yeah yeah money and job security but sometimes it should be about more than that - especially after everything. I'll definitely be giving it to him when they come up against us (unlike Mabs whom I wish good luck).

Reactions: 4 users

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Bit of a loose unit off field from what I hear, hence they've told him to look elsewhere.
Apparently his wage is too high for other clubs to get him over.
Last year Williams 700k
Duds like Hewitt offered 4 yrs at 450k is a joke.
And then clubs wonder why theyre *smile*.
If Ladhmans is on more then 250-300, people in the club who made that decision need to go.
My gradings.
*Bomtmytelly Martin Gawn all 1 mill
*Petrecca, Oliver, Wines, Hopper, Greene over 800
*Merrett, Degoey, Boak, McCrea, McNaughton, Steele, Tarranto, McCullage, Heeney, Fyfe, 700k
Everyone else under 700k.
Green, Brayshaw, King, Zurrfart, Parish, Bolton, Gresham, are in the next group

Teckor

Tiger Rookie
Nov 7, 2007
Richmond young gun Callum Coleman-Jones wants to get to North Melbourne, but the disappointed Tigers aren’t going to make it easy. Latest trade chatter.

Jon Ralph, Glenn McFarlane and Jay Clark

8 min read
September 21, 2021 - 3:21PM
News Corp Australia Sports News

Richmond will play hard ball on a trade for Callum Coleman-Jones, with rival list managers believing the Roos will have to give over pick 20 as the centrepiece of the trade.
The Roos are adamant they will keep that pick and hand over a later selection given Coleman-Jones played only nine games in four years at Richmond.

Richmond were genuinely filthy that former No.20 pick Coleman-Jones decided to move, although Damien Hardwick’s Fox Footy demand for pick one was very much tongue in cheek.
“CJ, for us he’s a required player. He has requested a trade to the Kangaroos which is disappointing but we look forward to receiving pick one coming back our way,” he joked.
North Melbourne could secure “CCJ” in the pre-season draft but players don’t want to use that avenue because it leaves their former club without fair compensation.
Jack Martin and Jackson Hately only used that avenue in recent years after trades fell through at the last minute.

The other bit of leverage the Roos have is departing free agent Robbie Tarrant.
The Tigers would normally trade for North Melbourne defender Tarrant with a late throwaway pick so it didn’t dilute their incoming free agency compensation for Mabior Chol.
That pick might only be a third-rounder but it could help the Tigers move up in the draft order.
The Roos would have to be prepared to do a trade on Tarrant instead of letting him go so it will be up to the Tigers to play nice on a trade.

Spirit of Jack

Only a Tiger premiership can make 2020 a good year
Apr 19, 2004
The only thing that worries me is that unlike some clubs - we always seem to be happy to pay overs and receive unders during trade period. We are the nice guys...trading fairly for future relationships - the anti-Dodoros so to speak.

The fair value here is obviously pick 20. CCJ was pick 20, he is a KPF/Ruck that is showing great signs, the Roos are signing him long term...and they have pick 20. It should be done on day one of the trade period...but it wont be.

If we are true to form we will be nice guys and do some pick swap so even if they give us pick 20, we end up giving them one of our second rounders - and that is not fair value. Unfortunately it proven that being tougher in negotiations gets better outcomes - unless there is a true long term partnership - and the reality is clubs are not in long term partnerships with each other.

Reactions: 3 users

Teckor

Tiger Rookie
Nov 7, 2007
Only giving our pick 28 for pick 20 is points difference of 235 points or equal to pick 53. Richmond could well pass on that to make a stand.

Would think that the last thing CCJ would want to do is walk out on the club and go into the PSD. Not a good look for a young player after what has happened previously.

He might even refuse the PSD option.
He still has contract offers from both Richmond and the Gold Coast.

Say if the PSD is not in play then Richmond are in a good bargaining position. North would need this deal to go through.

Suspect it will come down to the FA compensation situation for Chol and Tarrant.

Thinking it will be something like CCJ & a 3rd round pick for Tarrant and pick 20.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users

UKTiger

Tiger Legend
Jul 11, 2010
Shipston on Stour, UK
Lots of scenarios that could occur here.

I suspect we may only get 38 if we trade CJ by himself, so thinking maybe the best scenario is to trade CJ and 28 for Tarrant and 20. I don't think Tarrant will get compo for North but could dilute out compo for Chol.

Essentially we lose CJ, Chol and 28 and gain Tarrant, 20 and 45
I will take your word for it as I haven't a clue how the trade picks or compo work out but at first sight it sounds reasonably favourable to us

taraba

Eat em alive!!!
Jul 27, 2004
Planet Earth
I will take your word for it as I haven't a clue how the trade picks or compo work out but at first sight it sounds reasonably favourable to us
Disagree. We get a 32 year old and a 6 pick upgrade for a guy who potentially has 10
Years of good football in him. Favours Norf if anything.

Reactions: 4 users

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Disagree. We get a 32 year old and a 6 pick upgrade for a guy who potentially has 10
Years of good football in him. Favours Norf if anything.

I think we may have to accept that that will happen.

IMO probably 2 things are likely and both are very similar.

1 - North give Pick 38 and trade Tarrant to us for CCJ. We keep the Chol compo, so essentially, we swap Chol for Tarrant and get 38 and 45 (assuming we get a 3rd rounder for Chol) - rough pick value to us is 812 points or Pick 23

2 - North give Picks 20 and 38, for CCJ and Pick 28. We take Tarrant with a FA pick and they get a 3rd rounder (39), our compo pick for Chol is wiped out. Rough pick value is 700 or Pick 27. North essentially end up with 28 and 39 for 20 and Tarrant.

We are going to need to look at this as a net gain / loss between the CCJ, Tarrant and Chol trades.

Reactions: 1 user

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
I cant see a win from trading CCJ for North pick 20 is what we will want and they wont cough it up.

Theyll say take 38 or we walk him to the PSD.

Reactions: 3 users

Blind Charlie

Talk is cheap,just do it !
May 20, 2015
If the Roos want to play silly games then I'd be recommending talking to Jy Simpkins management and getting some early talks in.
2 can play at this game.

Reactions: 1 user

taraba

Eat em alive!!!
Jul 27, 2004
Planet Earth
What I don’t get is why there aren’t other clubs outside of the Suns bidding for his services? Surely a Collingwood, Essendon or St. Kilda could use this sort of player. At least then we would have some sort of bargaining power. This guy’s royally screwed us over here.

Reactions: 2 users