Callum Coleman-Judas - extricate yourself to Nth Ballarat, you git | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Callum Coleman-Judas - extricate yourself to Nth Ballarat, you git

nikolasmia

Tiger Superstar
Sep 3, 2007
I don't follow the play hardball line.

With the PSD pick as a fail safe, anything North gives us for CCJ is essentially goodwill.

Anyone at North would be rightly filthy if that goodwill extended to pick 20, it would be an insane decision.

yea

I'm with TBR on this

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
I will be amazed if we get Pick 20 as Big Richo has outlined above but very happy to be wrong.
Not getting pick 20.
If it was the other way around what would you expect us to do?
I will bulldoze the joint if we gave a first rounder away for a bloke we could get for free.
Especially now we have taken Tarrant, the best offer North will give us is an early 4th rounder

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
Pick #20 since 2010 below. Limited success.

2010 Pitt 10 games gone
2011 Crozier 133 Bulldogs
2012 Broomhead 37 gone
2013 Leslie 28 gone
2014 Laverde 69 essendon
2015 Fiorini 61 gold coast
2016 Cumming 32 gws
2017 CCJ 9 tigers
2018 RCD 9 tigers
2019 Philp 2 carlton
2020 Holmes 9 geelong

Reactions: 1 user

jokershoppe

Tiger Champion
Feb 17, 2008
Not getting pick 20.
I will bulldoze the joint if we gave a first rounder away for a bloke we could get for free.
Especially now we have taken Tarrant, the best offer North will give us is an early 4th rounder
I disagree as player and Tigers get a say also.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
What I don’t get is why there aren’t other clubs outside of the Suns bidding for his services? Surely a Collingwood, Essendon or St. Kilda could use this sort of player. At least then we would have some sort of bargaining power. This guy’s royally screwed us over here.i
He hasn't screwed us leaving he has bent us over with his preferred club.
Who ever choses to go to North?
Him choosing Adelaide would've been 10 times better and if chose GC we would be singing.
They gave away pick 2 for Weller

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
Not getting pick 20.
North don't have an early 4th rounder and we're not going to accept pick 69

King Kong

Tiger Legend
Aug 26, 2016

With the PSD pick as a fail safe, anything North gives us for CCJ is essentially goodwill.

Anyone at North would be rightly filthy if that goodwill extended to pick 20, it would be an insane decision.

Watch and learn young Padawan

Tiger Superstar
Feb 28, 2008
Can someone confirm Stagerflop was out of contract when he crossed from Crows to Cats?
But insisted the Cats trade fairly, and equitably compensate the Crows.
I'm obviously not suggesting CCJ is within light years of Stager's value, but I assume the Tigers are pushing a similar angle.
Salesmanship begins when the customer says no.

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Always better to trade blokes when they have a year left that gives you leverage, now we got none.

Following his off field disgrace last year we probably didnt have much then either.

I'm guessin it would be handy if another club crashed the party for him.

momentai

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2004
Melb
I think we may have to accept that that will happen.

IMO probably 2 things are likely and both are very similar.

1 - North give Pick 38 and trade Tarrant to us for CCJ. We keep the Chol compo, so essentially, we swap Chol for Tarrant and get 38 and 45 (assuming we get a 3rd rounder for Chol) - rough pick value to us is 812 points or Pick 23

2 - North give Picks 20 and 38, for CCJ and Pick 28. We take Tarrant with a FA pick and they get a 3rd rounder (39), our compo pick for Chol is wiped out. Rough pick value is 700 or Pick 27. North essentially end up with 28 and 39 for 20 and Tarrant.

We are going to need to look at this as a net gain / loss between the CCJ, Tarrant and Chol trades.
This makes the loss of CCJ far too great.
Stack as a priority then another improved offer should be made to CCJ as the next priority.

St Kevin

Tiger Legend
Apr 1, 2014

Tend to agree. If we got pick 20 or better I would be pleasantly surprised.

momentai

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2004
Melb

And by us as well. Every effort should be made to get him to change his mind.

theglove3

Tiger Champion
Jun 3, 2003
The artist formally known as Cujo never had this much traffic here.

I hope we play hard ball.

Should have left him at the souva stand.

Will be a strange sight seeing our Tazz playing on their Coleman-Jones.

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
Bookmark this post.

We will get pick 20 for CCJ. We may have to give a late pick back which will be sold as return for Tarrant but ultimately pick 20 will come our way.

How do I know this?

CCJ is managed by TLA - Ned Kelly sold his business to this international mega sports management company and is still involved. When a manager endorses a players trade request it then becomes their responsibility to make the deal happen and their highest motivation is to get a fair deal for both clubs. This is to ensure they preserve the relationship they have with the clubs but also the other talent they manage from those clubs. Its critical that they don't pee off Cotchin for example who is also managed by TLA.

Ultimately TLA will have significantly more leverage over #lolnorf than we will. They can direct their other clients away from them if they don't deal fairly on a trade. They can tell talent looking to move that norf is too hard to deal with and hence suggest u go to another club instead.

CCJ is a pick 20 with 4 years development and been given a $450kx4yr deal. In every way pick 20 in return is reasonable and potentially unders.

TLA has the power to demand norf hand it over and they will have to. To do otherwise risks their ability to attract future talent and retain existing talent. Far too big a risk to run.

It may take till late in the piece for TLA to play their hand (they will hope the clubs can get their without their intervention). However, they will play it if they have to.
Hope you are correct in this; it sounds logical and credible. Also heartily agree with this highlighted. To me, the 4 years development makes him worth a good deal more, as their contract offer proves conclusively. They are stealing our carefully chosen and primed investment about to be franked into a potentially high quality player for the next 10 years or more. Not even nearing his prime. We are already losing badly on the Chol deal in a similar fashion.

I hope Dimma's response on AFL360 gives a strong clue that we are not going to be a soft touch on this guy. Not to be insulted by lolNorf, on a financial drip-feed from AFLCorp. I reckon he was only half-joking; making a clear point.

Not surprised if we seek a higher pick. Norf can sell their No. 1 for a couple of lower 1sts. Damned if we should ever let this basket-case, wannabe club stand over us. And Tarrant is a FA, 32 years old. That's about our pick 44 or 40, if we want to play nice, IMO.

If they want to try and walk CCJ to the PSD, beware the consequences for CCJ every RFC game for rest of his career: both from the 80/20 crowd let alone our players reminded of how he treated our club. Should be regarded like Higgins cubed.
Because then it's war! If Norf want us going hard at every quality player we want to target on their list at any availability, bring it on!

[My only slight frustration is the newest appointment to AFL honcho ranks].

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users

King Kong

Tiger Legend
Aug 26, 2016
The artist formally known as Cujo never had this much traffic here.

I hope we play hard ball.

Should have left him at the souva stand.

Will be a strange sight seeing our Tazz playing on their Coleman-Jones.
Won't happen Coleman-Jones will be in the magoo's and Tarrant playing seniors

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
Always better to trade blokes when they have a year left that gives you leverage, now we got none.

Following his off field disgrace last year we probably didnt have much then either.

I'm guessin it would be handy if another club crashed the party for him.
Correct, wouldn't have received much last year but we didn't want to let him go anyway. I think CJs incentive is money-driven. No other club would offer what North are offering, , it's way overs at this stage of his career.

Reactions: 1 users

Dont Argue

Tiger Legend
Jun 26, 2018
Won't happen Coleman-Jones will be in the magoo's and Tarrant playing seniors
Don’t agree with this.
Whatever he’s done to us, or is going to do to us, he’s a quality player.
Think a tougher but perhaps less mobile Oscar Allen who has been starved of opportunity. Kebab gate cost him and us a bright future.
A terrible result no mattter how you package it

UKTiger

Tiger Legend
Jul 11, 2010
Shipston on Stour, UK
CCJ is obviously a want away guy so his heart is not at Tigerland. If by some chance he does stay (unlikely) then could we ever trust him again? Once a guy wants to leave and publicly states it then he is of no use to us however good a player he may be

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
IMHO this should be the easiest and quickest trade , Norf get CJ we get pick 20 , to me it’s perfect worth, frees up cap and gives us plenty of time to get the best deals if we want to package up 7, 15 and 20

Reactions: 3 users