Callum Coleman-Judas - extricate yourself to Nth Ballarat, you git | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • If you are having trouble logging in to the forum please contact [email protected] // When reseting your password or awaiting confirmation please check that your email is correct and also your junk/spam emails.
  • IMPORTANT! Our inbox is full of email errors from members who have not updated their emails, please follow the instructions on how to update here
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Callum Coleman-Judas - extricate yourself to Nth Ballarat, you git

TigerFlag2017

Tiger Legend
May 16, 2007
I could see him having a Stafford like presence and that's no disrespect.
I only saw a few of his vfl games but I thought his development during the year was outstanding. Still raw but seems to have the fire in the belly to grab a game by the neck. Wants to be the man.

Is the missing ingredient of the whole marbs mystery package.

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
There goes the dream of having Coleman-Jones, Collier-Dawkins and Eggmolesse-Smith in the same team.

May well have been an AFL first
I have been informed that this was the reason North wanted CCJ.
They believe that having an on-ball trio of Coleman-Jones, Davies-Uniacke and Horne-Francis will give them some level of relevance and a reason for the journos to write about them

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

Tigers of Old

Proud of our Club.
Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
I am certainly not for rabidly sticking pins in voodoo dolls, but there is something unlikeable about CCJ.

Can play, has talent, but just might be nudging our no DH policy a bit far.

I wonder if he’d been offered a fatter contract if he was a better bloke
I lean towards this thinking.
We lowballed him for a reason. Clubs just don't allow players they really want to keep to explore their options. Especially talls with 4 years in the system. To Norf?
He may go on to become a great player but there are plenty of question marks.
Will watch his development closely from here.

bob

Tiger Rookie
Mar 18, 2014
Probably not because I'm more inclined to target the power forwards, Amiss does have some outstanding qualities, he's a superb set shot, very Gunston like. Perhaps not a player type I'd spend a top 10 pick on, but ok value around the twenties. Think we have to play to the draft's strengths and that is undoubtedly midfielders, plenty of depth in that area and our midfield stocks look sickly at the top end. No dramas with Dusty but Cotch & Prestia look like they're on their last legs, Ross doesn't do it for me, Dow looks too outside, RCD promising but lagging in the tank building department. We can fix all of that this year & hopefully find a suitable replacement for Houli.

Agree Bullus.

Unlike you - and you are the expert so defer to you - I'm not even sure about RCD. Neither Ross, nor Dow as centre mids will get us too far. Cotch and Prestia (who's been undervalued outside our club I reckon for what he has brought to the team) replacements are badly needed. No one can like for like replace either of course given their talent, but we gotta start. That's why I hope we can at least get Ward to replace Prestia, not at 7 I dont think but here's hoping.

Reactions: 1 user

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
And Goldy hates to relinquish first ruck; seldom rests; probably thinks he can keep going for another 2/3 years even as he rarely gets injured. So CCJ is not going to see a whole lot more of No.1 ruckman role anyway.
Reckon there's a good chance Goldy is pretty much cooked by the end of next season. He's turning 34 mid next year n he's bound to hit the wall sometime soon. Perfect opportunity for Cujo to do a season as the second ruck / forward n then step into first ruck for 2023. He'd be 23 / 24 yo and theoretically have a full season under the belt in 2022.
Playing for us, he'd still be stuck behind Nank 28 n Soldo 26 next year and pushed to play future key forward rather than his preferred ruck.

Reactions: 1 users

TigerMasochist

Jul 13, 2003
He's been a wonderful contributor and an all time great but for me he should have been asked to retire at the end of last year or failing that told he would be only offered base money and would play VFL before CCJ did. Alternatively the club would facilitate a trade for him.

As great as he has been we will have him playing average at best footy for a year or two at the expense of keeping someone who could quite conceivably be in the top forward/rucks for the next decade.
Played every game last year's premiership and again this year, finished this season third or fourth in the Coleman in a season where for a host of reasons the Tigers were crap. Obviously grandfather time will catch up to him sooner than later, but you never disrespect your champions by chucking them in the bargain basement bin, or pushing them out the door.
Cujo may potentially be a very good player, but potential still has to earn it's position and Cujo obviously wasn't that keen on the forward position, the length of contract or the money he was being offered for the potential he'd barely begun to show. So he can try n build a career n earn his keep at the bottom club in the comp.

• Love
Reactions: 4 users

Eddie from Elwood

Tiger Rookie
Sep 23, 2015
We lowballed him for a reason. Clubs just don't allow players they really want to keep to explore their options. Especially talls with 4 years in the system. To Norf?
Plenty of great players in *smile* teams that never achieve much other than being a lub champ, got a feeling that's CCJ's future. Up until 2017 we had a few!

TigerMasochist

Jul 13, 2003
The question we should all be asking ourselves is why did we recruit Sampson Ryan? CCJ had that position covered.
I have no answer for that
Got a feeling that Cujo was simply a matter of wrong place wrong time for us, or we simply considered him more as a forward replacement for Jaaack.
Next year
Nank 28 yo
Soldo 26 yo
Cujo 23 yo
Delilah 21 yo, listed on the club site as a key forward, maybe he slots in behind Jaaack after next year?

Don't think the club was real sure about how Soldo would progress when we first drafted Cujo so would have been trying to cover all bases by having Cholly and Cujo both developing as ruck / forwards as well.
With Cujo n Cholly both leaving it allows Delilah another couple of years to develop ruck capabilities, then slot in behind Soldo as Nank tapers out. Both Cujo n Cholly would be at the point right now where they want to be stepping towards the main player role not third or fourth in the pecking order.

TigerMad

All for one and one for all
Dec 18, 2002
CCJ Would have spent a lot of time with his ‘special teams’ coach Richmond Man Maric.
If Maric is prepared to let CCJ go, think I will back his judgement.

The Big Richo

Staff member
Aug 19, 2010
The home of Dusty
I thought CCJ wanted the opportunity to ruck. Also thought he was told he was behind Nank& Soldo for that positio.
At norf he’ll have more opportunity to play (2nd) ruck or even 1st when Goldsteinplays forward.
Im not sure how Reiwoldt playing on affected CCJ’s decision to move

He'll play forward/ruck at North with Goldstein. I'm sure he would have loved to do the same with Nankervis, but not much chance of us playing Lynch, Riewoldt and CCJ in the same forward line too often (even though I would have liked us to).

bullus_hit

Whatchu talkin about Jack?
Apr 3, 2006
Agree Bullus.

Unlike you - and you are the expert so defer to you - I'm not even sure about RCD. Neither Ross, nor Dow as centre mids will get us too far. Cotch and Prestia (who's been undervalued outside our club I reckon for what he has brought to the team) replacements are badly needed. No one can like for like replace either of course given their talent, but we gotta start. That's why I hope we can at least get Ward to replace Prestia, not at 7 I dont think but here's hoping.
Ward would be perfect for our current situation but even if we don't manage to cut a deal then a guy like Sonsie would be a nice Prestia replacement.

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
First it's "we need him as a former high pick and a replacement big man for JR", then it's "he owes us because of kebabgate". then "North are low-balling us on the pick".

Now it's "well there were question marks over him anyway so we low-balled him".

Sour grapes much?

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
First it's "we need him as a former high pick and a replacement big man for JR", then it's "he owes us because of kebabgate". then "North are low-balling us on the pick".

Now it's "well there were question marks over him anyway so we low-balled him".

Sour grapes much?
Posters seem to have trouble accepting that a player simply wants to play at another club in preference to the RFC

• Love
Reactions: 5 users

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Posters seem to have trouble accepting that a player simply wants to play at another club in preference to the RFC
Yeah, it's got a bit of Ottens in this one although he was already an established best 22 player. It's gonna be sad to see one of our great potentials succeed at another club.

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004

Yep the five stages of grief in full effect.

I mean people were seriously suggesting "we can just get him to change his mind if we want". Never gonna happen, and it didn't.

And we ended up doing OK out of the deal.

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
Yeah, it's got a bit of Ottens in this one although he was already an established best 22 player. It's gonna be sad to see one of our great potentials succeed at another club.
I think CCJ is a promising type but he is not in the same stratosphere as Ottens was when he went to Geelong. Ottens was already an established top liner and an AA.