Callum Coleman-Judas - extricate yourself to Nth Ballarat, you git | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Callum Coleman-Judas - extricate yourself to Nth Ballarat, you git

turk-d-tiger

Welcome to Richmond Football Club - Daniel Rioli
Dec 1, 2007
melbourne
North will get a PP this year , They are crap and have been for a long time

hopefully its an end of 1st round and not start of 2nd rounder

tora

Tiger Rookie
Dec 10, 2021
Pretty sure the was an article in the Hun that came out after Kebab gate where Cujo had been told rather strongly to curb his alcohol sessions. Inference was that Cujo didn't much like to stop after one or three social sips n was more inclined to go for an extended session.
As an alcoholic, problem drinker myself. I this sounds like my situation with alcohol. Have a couple and have to kick on. Poor decision making, drink driving in particular. Not fighting. Alcohol and brain function is well researched now. And brain development is taught in high school. If CJ was known to be a problem drinker. Maybe he should have been on the zero alcohol beers. If you serve a drunk person the fines are huge. In an unusual environment like the 2020 hub, most clubs had some issues/problems. We had them all.
As the designated driver and
Being around people now who are drinking, it's easy to tell the degree of losing control, lowering inhibitions. Learnings for the club, everybody I suppose. CJ must have gotten his drinking under control for us to want to retain him, and North to take him.

Last edited:
Reactions: 8 users

Bullarto Tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 17, 2012
As an alcoholic, problem drinker myself. I this sounds like my situation with alcohol. Have a couple and have to kick on. Poor decision making, drink driving in particular. Not fighting. Alcohol and brain function is well researched now. And brain development is taught in high school. If CJ was known to be a problem drinker. Maybe he should have been on the zero alcohol beers. If you serve a drunk person the fines are huge. In an unusual environment like the 2020 hub, most clubs had some issues/problems. We had them all.
Being around people now who are drinking, it's easy to tell the degree of losing control, lowering inhibitions. Learnings for the club, everybody I suppose. CJ must have gotten his drinking under control for us to want to retain him, and North to take him.
Thanks for your honesty, Tora.
Hope you are travelling okay with things. Good luck.

Reactions: 10 users

tora

Tiger Rookie
Dec 10, 2021

Thanks. I am fine. Just worked out that alcohol and me didn't go well together. Having a kid was a motivator to get fit. And beer drinking did mean volumes of liquid and a taste for egg and bacon. And Coca cola.
Taste buds changed.
But, at my age, it wasn't until I saw Michael Mosely do a program on drugs and the brain, that I found ou

Reactions: 3 users

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
Are we sure Coleman Jones dosent have a full money guarantee?
Fingers crossed we use both these years picks to get either Tarranto, Hopper or Green to the club.

rensman

interpreter to the stars...
May 6, 2004
North Eastern Victoria
You'd have to be an alcoholic to want to join North from Richmond!
P. S thx for the post mate

• Haha

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
It looks like Judas has stood on Xerri's foot. He's out for a month.
Hopefully we play North soon then. Nank v CCJ would be fun to watch.

I am not sure why, but I dont begrudge Higgins, BEllis, Chol, Markov any individual success at their new clubs, but I feel differently about Coleman-Jones.

Reactions: 2 users

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
Hopefully we play North soon then. Nank v CCJ would be fun to watch.

I am not sure why, but I dont begrudge Higgins, BEllis, Chol, Markov any individual success at their new clubs, but I feel differently about Coleman-Jones.
Higgins was supported incredibly well by the club during his medical issues and I wasn’t really happy with his decision to leave.

Reactions: 10 users

Macca68

I'm a llama!
Mar 30, 2003
Higgins was supported incredibly well by the club during his medical issues and I wasn’t really happy with his decision to leave.
Agree Higgo did the dirty on the club in my opinion.

CCJ at least left for more Ruck opportunity - although not working out well for him so far!!

Reactions: 2 users

Tony Braxton-Hicks

There are no stupid ideas, just stupid people
Aug 10, 2004
The Playboy Mansion
Agree Higgo did the dirty on the club in my opinion.

CCJ at least left for more Ruck opportunity - although not working out well for him so far!!
Higlet also wasn't getting opportunities. Was asked to play too far up the ground where his pace was exposed rather than closer to goal where he's at his best.

Reactions: 4 users

BrisTiger24

Out: Chimp In: Camel
Oct 16, 2003
Brisbane
Yep, I have Higgins and CCJ in the same boat. Both supported by the club through some tough times off the field, both given senior opportunities, both earmarked as future permanent senior options if they worked hard. Both took the easy road of a bigger deal and prospect of immediate senior opportunities with arguably inferior teams. Good luck to them, they can both get *smile*.

Reactions: 12 users

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
Are we serious? we can't get Edwards a kick.
How would Higgins go in our forward line currently?
We haven't lost Maxfield and Ottens

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
it does appear he was well supported, i guess i can understand why a 21yo small who hadnt played a full season in 2 years (at the time he left) would take more money and a longer contract elsewhere. if he stayed at Richmond on the last year of his contract and struggled for games, whether cos of injury, issues with his brain, or just kept out of the team by the likes of Baker, Bolton and ShEdwards, his career could have been over.
He took the guaranteed extra year to be able to prove his worth.