Callum Coleman-Judas - extricate yourself to Nth Ballarat, you git | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Callum Coleman-Judas - extricate yourself to Nth Ballarat, you git

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Nank, Lynch, JR, CJ is way too big in our forward line. Courting disaster with that 1980’s model. CJ and Nank need to play predominantly ruck and rolling around the ground.

2 KPF’s with another tall rolling in and out on occasion is the max.

Reactions: 1 users

Tigers2011

What did I miss dad?
May 6, 2007
Mt Waverley, Victoria
Was he off for a lot of the last qtr? Haven't watched. replay and don't intend to.

Appeared to be and we badly needed him long down the line instead of always going to Jack who Barrass was cleaning up.

Also deep in the square for the last two entries?
I thought he was being played out of the goal square. I would have preferred him to be the down the line option in the last five minutes - at least he wouldn't have been out marked. Think we've got a real player on our hands with CCJ.

Blind Charlie

Talk is cheap,just do it !
May 20, 2015
Did some nice things all over the ground, whether we want him to stay or not his price is going up week by week.
His suitors will be liking what they see too and I don't think we'll be able to afford him come years end.

houstontiger

Tiger Rookie
May 26, 2014
For whatever reason Zombie is the umpire's love child. If he's dropped I'll spew up.
Totally agree. He seems to get free kicks no other Richmond player would get. That 50 he got last night was so soft. If it was Lynch. the umpire would have reversed it for ramming his back into the west coast guys hands!

tha8ball

Tiger Legend
Jan 6, 2005
Oh East Melbourne!
What I like about him is you feel like he is going to mark it every time he goes up for a mark. That will only get better with confidence and development. Good signs.

Jason King

Forever the GOAT
Jul 19, 2007
Adelaide, South Australia
Nank, Lynch, JR, CJ is way too big in our forward line. Courting disaster with that 1980’s model. CJ and Nank need to play predominantly ruck and rolling around the ground.

2 KPF’s with another tall rolling in and out on occasion is the max.

West coast make it work with NicNat even rotating through. They have Darling, Allen, Kennedy. Three talks works.

We will lose CCJ if we drop him, he has been phenomenal.

Reactions: 2 users

123cups

Tiger Champion
May 1, 2016
Only 2 hitouts.

It’ll help if he has credits in the bank as a 2nd ruck by the time Lynch returns.

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
West coast make it work with NicNat even rotating through. They have Darling, Allen, Kennedy. Three talks works.

We will lose CCJ if we drop him, he has been phenomenal.
Yeah and they haven’t looked like playing in a GF since they introduced Allen into that forward line.

Reactions: 1 user

123cups

Tiger Champion
May 1, 2016
How many ruck contests was he in?

Same as Lynch, which suggests CJ’s current role is purely as a fill-in.

If Dimma doesn’t give CJ more second ruck duties next month to prepare him for a role alongside Tom and Jack, then I wouldn’t be surprised if he makes way.

He’s shown promise though and that’s the main thing at his age, he can’t expect to be the main guy yet.

Jason King

Forever the GOAT
Jul 19, 2007
Yeah and they haven’t looked like playing in a GF since they introduced Allen into that forward line.
And we haven't looked like taking a mark inside 50m until CJ started playing.

What about us with Jason and Daniel? These smalls are giving us nothing.

Nank is not a forward and is more use doing what Benny Gale did.... Float back into d50 and intercept mark.

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
And we haven't looked like taking a mark inside 50m until CJ started playing.

What about us with Jason and Daniel? These smalls are giving us nothing.

Nank is not a forward and is more use doing what Benny Gale did.... Float back into d50 and intercept mark.
That’s about performance not structure. And nobody’s saying don’t play CJ anyway. Play him with Nank in the ruck, rotate them through there on occasion with JR and Lynch the mainstays. Drop Chol.

But 3 permanent talls of that size and lack of speed all lumbering around on our forward line is courting absolute disaster long term. While you need some markers up front, the fact of the matter is, the ball spends infinitely more time at ground level than it does in the air on a forward line. Plus, a heap of goals are set up from the backline nowadays and if you play 3 permanent talls, you’re leaving yourself wide open to being scored against from rebounding out too easily.

3 permanent talls is 1980’s stuff. 2 and a rolling is ok. But 3 and a rolling is asking for huge trouble.

Reactions: 2 users

Ripplestick

Tiger Champion
Jan 18, 2007
I get a feeling that Dimma wants Nank & Chol as rucks and CJ and Lynch as key forwards.

I also don't think Astbury has a place in the side anymore.

So 2 talls in (Chol & CJ), one tall out, Astbury.

The net result is one extra tall forward indtead of back and Jack goes to the roaming 3rd tall role.

We are clearly moving away from our manic game on 2017-2020...RIP, I miss those years already, but all good things come to an end.

With our change of game style across the past month, one less small will not be missed in this new structure.

Guess we will see in 2-3 weeks when Lynch and Nank are back.

In terms of midfielders, contested ball winners with pace and ability to cut through our opponents zone with precision footskills,... Not asking for too much?

Reactions: 3 users

Jason King

Forever the GOAT
Jul 19, 2007
That’s about performance not structure. And nobody’s saying don’t play CJ anyway. Play him with Nank in the ruck, rotate them through there on occasion with JR and Lynch the mainstays. Drop Chol.

But 3 permanent talls of that size and lack of speed all lumbering around on our forward line is courting absolute disaster long term. While you need some markers up front, the fact of the matter is, the ball spends infinitely more time at ground level than it does in the air on a forward line. Plus, a heap of goals are set up from the backline nowadays and if you play 3 permanent talls, you’re leaving yourself wide open to being scored against from rebounding out too easily.

3 permanent talls is 1980’s stuff. 2 and a rolling is ok. But 3 and a rolling is asking for huge trouble.

Agree with dropping Chol.

Lynch and CJ are very mobile we just miss someone like Bolton being able to stay inside F50.

There is merit in stretching defenders. How the heck are teams going to cover CJ, Punchy and Jack? The only way is if we continue to bomb it to a central contest.

Chaos footy is as good as dead the way we play it. Melbourne do it but actually hit targets inside 50.

TheCan

Tiger Superstar
Jul 17, 2011
has had more centre wing marks in 3 matches than lynch has in two seasons.
We MUST find a way to play him and lynch, id push Jack in that wing role Richo played under wallace, and rest him him up forward.

Last edited:

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
has had more centre wing marks in 3 years than lynch has in two seasons.
We MUST find a way to play him and lynch, id push Jack in that wing role Richo played under wallace, and rest him him up forward.
Yeah, really liking his sticky hands.