Callum Coleman-Judas - extricate yourself to Nth Ballarat, you git | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Callum Coleman-Judas - extricate yourself to Nth Ballarat, you git

Of course he competes. He's a strong and coordinated, aggressive SA U18 captain who hunts and dares the opposition to risk making contact with him.

The fact every second post is comparing a player like this to a player like Chol is an amazing reflection of how height is the most blinding trait in all of football.

Reactions: 2 users
Absolutely a keeper.
Forget any fanciful trades that gets us a lower pick that involves losing CCJ and one of our first rounders.

Of course he competes. He's a strong and coordinated, aggressive SA U18 captain who hunts and dares the opposition to risk making contact with him.

The fact every second post is comparing a player like this to a player like Chol is an amazing reflection of how height is the most blinding trait in all of football.

I don’t think people are blinded by Chol’s height, rather his athleticism.

Reactions: 1 user
I'm beginning to think he's ahead of Mabs due to his consistency of effort and willingness to compete. Mabs is more Hollywood, CJ more agricultural.
If Mabs is Hollywood he's Pauly Shore. Unwatchable. I'd play Tommy Wiseau before Mabs.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 4 users
I don’t think people are blinded by Chol’s height, rather his athleticism.

I guess athleticism for his height, since he isn’t compared with George, Rioli, etc. But I see it as reflective of a larger trend for all tall players to be put in a box.

The difference between Chol and CJ highlights how much variety there is within that box

It begs the question of what you want in a tall player, and to me, CJ ticks a lot of the right boxes

Reactions: 3 users
CCJ is a much better player than Chol. Don't go by a highlights real. Chol is just not up to it and never will be. CCJ is the type of player that will perform in big pressure games. Chol will let us down when it counts. IMO time to let him go.

Reactions: 3 users
Interesting to see whether he stays or goes. Gut feel says he stays.
Hope so, yes he would demand us a decent pick, however we have zero back up key forwards, in fact CJ could be huge to our chances next year . Lynch struggling , Jack ageing, Ryan a way off , Nank hanging together by elastoplast , Chol
and Soldo not doubt will take time to get back .

I think CJ is as important as any re signing , may never be a star , however with natural progression should be a very handy 2nd string forward/ Ruck , actually can see him been good helping out the defence like Nank does

Thats pretty strong language to use against any Richmond player, in this case, MC. I strongly disagree.
Many people have criticised a RFC player on here in much stronger language. As a RFC member and supporter over many years so say it as I see it. However woe betide any outsider criticise a RFC player.

Reactions: 1 users
Not at the same age.
Like most of us I am growing tired of witnessing his mistakes and inconsistency.
And as a result CJ is now considered by most to be the better prospect.
Not yet certain however that there is more upside in CJ and if trading CJ gets us a decent crack at Taranto I would be happy to see the club keep Marbiol on a 1yr deal.

Like most of us I am growing tired of witnessing his mistakes and inconsistency.
And as a result CJ is now considered by most to be the better prospect.
Not yet certain however that there is more upside in CJ and if trading CJ gets us a decent crack at Taranto I would be happy to see the club keep Marbiol on a 1yr deal.

That may be what it comes down to.

1 - Does he want to stay
2 - What can we get for him, if we can get a chance at Taranto, we just need to do it, and back Matthew Clarke to find some more talls. We might be a chance to get JVR with 1 of our 2nds at this rate, would be a great get if we use our 1st and CJ on Taranto (or could we have Riccardi thrown in that deal? Tarranto and Riccardi for CJ and our 1st.

Reactions: 1 user
That may be what it comes down to.

1 - Does he want to stay
2 - What can we get for him, if we can get a chance at Taranto, we just need to do it, and back Matthew Clarke to find some more talls. We might be a chance to get JVR with 1 of our 2nds at this rate, would be a great get if we use our 1st and CJ on Taranto (or could we have Riccardi thrown in that deal? Tarranto and Riccardi for CJ and our 1st.
You seem to rate Taranto a better prospect than Cerra?