Callum Coleman-Judas - extricate yourself to Nth Ballarat, you git | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Callum Coleman-Judas - extricate yourself to Nth Ballarat, you git

King Kong

Tiger Legend
Aug 26, 2016
Geez he wants to ruck does he?

Chol showed more in the role

More I think about it the more I’m inclined to trust our list management team.

Matching desperate club’s offers isn’t good business.

There are many ways to bring in a good tall forward in 12 months time if it becomes a need.

Particularly with Jack freeing up cap space.
Agree - Campaigner-Jones projects as a B grader at absolute best. Save our $ for A graders. We can pay #lolnorf back by taking Simpkin and Thomas when Cotch, Jack and Shedda all depart.

nikolasmia

Tiger Superstar
Sep 3, 2007
HUGE HUGE mistake if Callum ends up leaving Richmond.

One - which many here - will rue for years to come.

Structurally it leaves a massive hole in our list. Disastrous decision by Blair and Hardwick - not prioritising Callum's contract. Not giving him longer than 2 years and promising him regular game time.

With Chol departing. If Lynch or Riewoldt go down for any periods next year - Who may I ask is going to fill the void.? Soldo? Samson Ryan? Or pulling Balta out of defence?

Accurate goal kicking ruckmen - who are just as proficient playing forward - are rare as hens teeth. Years of development down the drain.

What for.

Maintaining the salary/playing status of a legend of the club - Who as a rising 33yr old should have retired gracefully this year.

Riewoldt's form this year (1 good game in 4) is a portend of what is to come in 2022.

Cant say Jack should have made way for CCJ.

CCj wants to Ruck, he is third in line at Richmond.

This must have been on the cards for a while.

Drafting Sampson Ryan didn't make sense to me at the time, but now it makes perfect sense.

Sampson is much more mobile, and his game is much more suited to modern AFL, 21 in December and has the tools

Reactions: 3 users

dimmauchamp

Tiger Legend
Apr 1, 2003
Meh at CCJ. Have not seen anything to date that warrants a 4 year deal. If he is going to Nth due to the extended year contract then that shows me he is looking for comfort factor. Big red flag for me. If he really believes in his ability he stays at Richmond and forces his way into the team by pushing himself above the others. I don't care how successful a team is. If you are hungry enough as a player you will find a way to force yourself into the side. Some players want the pay packet and security knowing they wont have to push themselves to get some first team football. Seen nothing to date from CCJ that showed desperation and a real willingness to compete.
Back the club on this one. 2 years was more than enough.

Reactions: 1 user

dimmauchamp

Tiger Legend
Apr 1, 2003
It's silly to suggest CCJ won't be an excellent player. At times this year he clunked the ball like Aaron Naughton. Put another 50-60 games on him and he will be a star.
He may have clunked the ball at times but he looks another Griffiths to me. Doesnt seem to have the desire to be anything but a B grader. Cannot see him being a star of the competition

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
I'm always amazed at how quickly we turn on our own here as soon as there is a rumour that someone might leave.

Reactions: 10 users

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
It's silly to suggest CCJ won't be an excellent player. At times this year he clunked the ball like Aaron Naughton. Put another 50-60 games on him and he will be a star.
correct. He started holding his own in the ruck in his more recent games also. He's young for a ruck / forward. Has great hands and once he gets experience and confidence in his body - he'll be a great contested mark in the fwd line and around the ground. He's very much similar to Benny Gale in many ways.

Reactions: 5 users

blofield

Tiger Cub
Jul 20, 2005
I'm always amazed at how quickly we turn on our own here as soon as there is a rumour that someone might leave.
Also - the predictable flood of posts that follow with the narrative - "he really wasn't that good anyway".:rolleyes:

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Tristan Xerri will be wrapt if CJ goes to North. All part of the merry go round I guess.

graystar1

Tiger Legend
Apr 28, 2004
Just saw in the HS that Talia is a possibility for the Tigers. Wonder if true?
A bit about Talia

Talia started his football career in Greenvale, Victoria, where he also played for his school, Assumption College in Kilmore. In 2009, he was selected by Adelaide with pick No. 13 and made his long-awaited debut in Round 15, 2011. Talia had a breakout year in 2012 and earned the NAB Rising Star award. From there, the ever-reliable defender did not miss a game until 2015. He became an All Australian in 2014 and was named Adelaide’s Club Champion. He added a second All Australian in 2016. The key defender came close to adding a third All Australian feather to his cap in 2019, named in the 40-man extended squad. A deserved fan favourite, Talia was voted Members’ MVP at the 2019 Club Champion night. Talia played his 200th game for Adelaide in 2020. In October 2017, Talia married his partner Megan in the Adelaide Hills and on September 20, 2019, the pair welcomed the safe arrival of baby Ivy Grace.

graystar1

Tiger Legend
Apr 28, 2004
A bit about Talia

Talia started his football career in Greenvale, Victoria, where he also played for his school, Assumption College in Kilmore. In 2009, he was selected by Adelaide with pick No. 13 and made his long-awaited debut in Round 15, 2011. Talia had a breakout year in 2012 and earned the NAB Rising Star award. From there, the ever-reliable defender did not miss a game until 2015. He became an All Australian in 2014 and was named Adelaide’s Club Champion. He added a second All Australian in 2016. The key defender came close to adding a third All Australian feather to his cap in 2019, named in the 40-man extended squad. A deserved fan favourite, Talia was voted Members’ MVP at the 2019 Club Champion night. Talia played his 200th game for Adelaide in 2020. In October 2017, Talia married his partner Megan in the Adelaide Hills and on September 20, 2019, the pair welcomed the safe arrival of baby Ivy Grace.
This was on page 82 today.

Moneyball this month, DANIEL TALIA is a strong chance to land a spot at the Tigers.

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
Some salty posting on here and discrediting CCJ. IMO CCJleaving is a disaster - done the hard yards without the payoff. Jack is close to if not finished, Nank is injury prone, Soldo no guarantee of return to his best, Chol gone, Collina unknown, Ryan a project player at best.

This scenario has lead to discussion about recruiting list cloggers such as Talia, Tarrant and Casboult. Spare me.

Geez I hope there is some promising talls in thedraft this year as structurally we are going to be poor for quite some time.

• Love
Reactions: 10 users

Carter

Tiger Legend
Nov 14, 2012
not many downgrading his worth at all. I think he'll be a very good player FWIW.

will his departure hurt the club?

not necessarily.

Reactions: 6 users