Callum Coleman-Judas - extricate yourself to Nth Ballarat, you git | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Callum Coleman-Judas - extricate yourself to Nth Ballarat, you git

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
some folks just don't get it Aces.

we have a very smart list management division. they have two options with CCJ:

1) match market value, paying overs now and disrupting our standardised, fair approach to all youngsters across the board. the contract system that enables players to know exactly where they stand.

2) offer what we can offer and come what may. two years for a player to prove that he deserves a genuine step-up. if CCJ leaves, it opens even more cap space for a free agent when Jack retires (probably in 2022).

a free agent that actually addresses like for like, not a bullocking pack-buster that we ALREADY HAVE in Lynch.

Match the deal Norf are offering dollar for dollar. Just split it differently. Push more into your four.

Reactions: 1 user

Tony Braxton-Hicks

There are no stupid ideas, just stupid people
Aug 10, 2004
The Playboy Mansion
if the reported deal with North is correct ( $400-$450 for 4-5 years) I can understand a hesitancy to match that.
I can also understand why a 22 year old would take a deal like that.
I can't. He should be backing himself to be an elite tall in 2 years attracting much more than 400-450k.

Reactions: 5 users

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
I can't. He should be backing himself to be an elite tall in 2 years attracting much more than 400-450k.

If you break it down, there is more risk in not taking the deal.

Lets say Richmond offer $300k for 2 years. North are offering between $2 and $2.2m over 5. So those last 3 years are essentially valued at between $1.4m and $1.6m so between $470k and $550k for those last 3 years. I would also expect North to probably be front ending it a touch whilst their list is young, so the value becomes even more valuable to him. You'd potentially need to pay him $600k for the last 3 just to break even on the North deal. He gets the same but with security.

From a money perspective its probably a no brainer. We have to hope either he values the playing group ahead of some additional $'s, or North don't value the PSD like their supporters on BF do, they are like a ravenous bunch of dogs on there.

That being said, with the PSD as a threat we would need to take unders. I suspect we will start at Pick 20, they will start at Pick 38 and we will agree to meet in the middle with CJ and Pick 26 for Picks 20 and 38.

Reactions: 1 users

Blind Charlie

Talk is cheap,just do it !
May 20, 2015
For christ sake the bloke didn't even defend himself when some bum off the street knocked his kebab from him at 3 am in the morning.
You would think we're losing a 22yo Dusty the way some are carrying on.
I have no issue with him moving on.
His input to our recent success is near on zero!
Kids gotta good deal in front of him and we're not going to match it, so be it.
Adios.

Reactions: 2 users

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Balme on radio today apparently said we have no money.
Rance Astbury Houli all gone.
Edwards and Jack signed on less.
Bolton and Graham signed this year.
It dosent make sense.

WesternTiger

Tiger Legend
Nov 7, 2004
Balme on radio today apparently said we have no money.
Rance Astbury Houli all gone.
Edwards and Jack signed on less.
Bolton and Graham signed this year.
It dosent make sense.
Maybe CJ is just a jerk and we are happy to see the back of him?

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
For christ sake the bloke didn't even defend himself when some bum off the street knocked his kebab from him at 3 am in the morning.
You would think we're losing a 22yo Dusty the way some are carrying on.
I have no issue with him moving on.
His input to our recent success is near on zero!
Kids gotta good deal in front of him and we're not going to match it, so be it.
Adios.
I don't think alot of people really care that he might want to leave.
The the issue is he has chosen North.
North can take him for free.
That's the bit many are upset about.
he could've selected Adelaide or Gc but he has bent us over choosing North.
They wont offer shitt.

Reactions: 2 users

taraba

Eat em alive!!!
Jul 27, 2004
Planet Earth
What a barnacle. Watch that crapola club try and shaft us with their third round pick now too. Prefer him to walk in the PSD.

Turncoat.

Teckor

Tiger Rookie
Nov 7, 2007
Dimma needed it to pay out his ex and support the kids...

AFL trade news: Follow the latest Richmond contract and trade moves​

Richmond is set to lose talls Callum Coleman-Jones and Mabior Chol with both set to request trades within days. See where they will be playing next year.

Jon Ralph

less than 2 min read
September 15, 2021 - 2:48PM
News Corp Australia Sports Newsroom

Richmond ruck forward Callum Coleman-Jones will play for North Melbourne next year in a coup for a Kangaroos side that can cater for his desire to play in the ruck.
The Herald Sun understands Coleman-Jones will nominate the Roos as his new home, with the club happy to play him and Todd Goldstein as a ruck tandem.
Goldstein is an accomplished ruckman and has thrived on the workload of playing sole ruck but is equally adept at pushing forward to play as a marking forward.
Richmond could not promise Coleman-Jones ruck time with Ivan Soldo is returning from an ACL tear to play alongside Toby Nankervis.

The Suns have given up hope of luring the key position forward north and all that is left is for Coleman-Jones to officially ask the Tigers for a trade.
It means the Tigers will lose both Coleman-Jones and Mabior Chol, who is set to join Gold Coast as a free agent on a three-year deal with a trigger for a fourth.

The Tigers will have to strike a deal with North Melbourne on Coleman-Jones. The Kangaroos be unwilling to give up their second-round selection at pick 20 given Coleman-Jones only played eight games this year.

The 22-year-old was a pick 20 in the 2017 national draft.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
What a barnacle. Watch that crapola club try and shaft us with their third round pick now too. Prefer him to walk in the PSD.

Turncoat.
They won't give up anything.
This is the worse out come.
Whoever was incharge on draft night 2017 needs to go.
Higgins pick 17 and now this Coleman Jones pick 21

Blind Charlie

Talk is cheap,just do it !
May 20, 2015
I don't think alot of people really care that he might want to leave.
The the issue is he has chosen North.
North can take him for free.
That's the bit many are upset about.
he could've selected Adelaide or Gc but he has bent us over choosing North.
They wont offer shitt.
Clubs don't operate like that.
What comes around goes around and we've got a track record of getting deals done without being greedy.

TT33

Yellow & Black Member
Feb 17, 2004
Melbourne
Frankly I think he's being sold a pup $450k/ yr for 4 years, seems to be unders. If he he signed a $350/yr for 2 years with us & develops as we think he should, he'd be asking for $750 or more / year for at least the next 2 years. He'll also be a free agent about that time & will be able to ask for far more.

Reactions: 1 users