Callum Coleman-Judas - extricate yourself to Nth Ballarat, you git | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Callum Coleman-Judas - extricate yourself to Nth Ballarat, you git

Willo

Tiger Legend
Oct 13, 2007
Aldinga Beach
Maybe, but I've always said a no DH policy comes with an asterix that says unless they can play footy well.

Dustin would have been sacked three times if we were serious about that.

I suspect a few things have happened to cause this mess, firstly having too much love for Riewoldt to make the hard call on moving him on. Secondly I think the long term deals we have with Dustin and Lynch have made our cap impossible to manage without the increases we would have anticipated along the way and lastly I think we hoped he would toe the line and stay after the kebab incident so prioritised him less.
I thought CCJ wanted the opportunity to ruck. Also thought he was told he was behind Nank& Soldo for that positio.
At norf he’ll have more opportunity to play (2nd) ruck or even 1st when Goldsteinplays forward.
Im not sure how Reiwoldt playing on affected CCJ’s decision to move

Reactions: 2 users

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Google Is your friend.

Just been working in the garden all afternoon and have managed to convince MRS TOT that my back is now sore and I just have to lie on a heat pack for an undisclosed period of time. Number 1 son is bbqing a leg of lamb and MRS TOT even brought me a cuppa.

PRE is the beneficiary. You’re welcome.
Your back hurts from the garden, my head hurts from trying to understand your Delidio silver bullet post :)) ;)

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

bullus_hit

Whatchu talkin about Jack?
Apr 3, 2006
Whats your thoughts on Ryan? He's a big boy, could he be that power forward, and then we could have a JVR as the more mobile forward replacing Jack.
I could see him having a Stafford like presence and that's no disrespect.

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Probably not because I'm more inclined to target the power forwards, Amiss does have some outstanding qualities, he's a superb set shot, very Gunston like. Perhaps not a player type I'd spend a top 10 pick on, but ok value around the twenties. Think we have to play to the draft's strengths and that is undoubtedly midfielders, plenty of depth in that area and our midfield stocks look sickly at the top end. No dramas with Dusty but Cotch & Prestia look like they're on their last legs, Ross doesn't do it for me, Dow looks too outside, RCD promising but lagging in the tank building department. We can fix all of that this year & hopefully find a suitable replacement for Houli.
Cheers Bully thanks for the insight appreciated

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
Seems to have a lot more agility than Stafford.
Yes well very young still and hasn't stacked on the kgs of muscle yet that he will need to compete against the really big boys of AFL ruckmen e.g. it was no wonder Chol really struggled against Freo's Darcy; spotting him 20kgs.

With the at least 10kgs added to Ryan, must be some loss of agility too.

HeadandShin

Burning bright
Sep 17, 2007
Melbourne
I am certainly not for rabidly sticking pins in voodoo dolls, but there is something unlikeable about CCJ.

Can play, has talent, but just might be nudging our no DH policy a bit far.

I wonder if he’d been offered a fatter contract if he was a better bloke
Someone with good links into the club told me he was entitled and not particularly popular, and the club isn’t too fussed about losing him. Still, I’m disappointed (and you could maybe have said that about Jack in the early days).

zgod

Tiger Legend
Feb 25, 2008
*smile* off CCJ.
How dare you maximize your career opportunities and grab a chance!!
Dead in my book but I guess there is a reason.
Still, how dare he leave. You can't leave unless pushed.

King Kong

Tiger Legend
Aug 26, 2016
I thought CCJ wanted the opportunity to ruck. Also thought he was told he was behind Nank& Soldo for that positio.
At norf he’ll have more opportunity to play (2nd) ruck or even 1st when Goldsteinplays forward.
Im not sure how Reiwoldt playing on affected CCJ’s decision to move
The talk about more ruck time is complete BS. He left for one reason only $

TigerFlag2017

Tiger Legend
May 16, 2007
I could see him having a Stafford like presence and that's no disrespect.
I only saw a few of his vfl games but I thought his development during the year was outstanding. Still raw but seems to have the fire in the belly to grab a game by the neck. Wants to be the man.

Is the missing ingredient of the whole marbs mystery package.

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
There goes the dream of having Coleman-Jones, Collier-Dawkins and Eggmolesse-Smith in the same team.

May well have been an AFL first
I have been informed that this was the reason North wanted CCJ.
They believe that having an on-ball trio of Coleman-Jones, Davies-Uniacke and Horne-Francis will give them some level of relevance and a reason for the journos to write about them

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
I am certainly not for rabidly sticking pins in voodoo dolls, but there is something unlikeable about CCJ.

Can play, has talent, but just might be nudging our no DH policy a bit far.

I wonder if he’d been offered a fatter contract if he was a better bloke
I lean towards this thinking.
We lowballed him for a reason. Clubs just don't allow players they really want to keep to explore their options. Especially talls with 4 years in the system. To Norf?
He may go on to become a great player but there are plenty of question marks.
Will watch his development closely from here.

Reactions: 3 users

bob

Tiger Superstar
Mar 18, 2014
Probably not because I'm more inclined to target the power forwards, Amiss does have some outstanding qualities, he's a superb set shot, very Gunston like. Perhaps not a player type I'd spend a top 10 pick on, but ok value around the twenties. Think we have to play to the draft's strengths and that is undoubtedly midfielders, plenty of depth in that area and our midfield stocks look sickly at the top end. No dramas with Dusty but Cotch & Prestia look like they're on their last legs, Ross doesn't do it for me, Dow looks too outside, RCD promising but lagging in the tank building department. We can fix all of that this year & hopefully find a suitable replacement for Houli.

Agree Bullus.

Unlike you - and you are the expert so defer to you - I'm not even sure about RCD. Neither Ross, nor Dow as centre mids will get us too far. Cotch and Prestia (who's been undervalued outside our club I reckon for what he has brought to the team) replacements are badly needed. No one can like for like replace either of course given their talent, but we gotta start. That's why I hope we can at least get Ward to replace Prestia, not at 7 I dont think but here's hoping.

Reactions: 1 user

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
And Goldy hates to relinquish first ruck; seldom rests; probably thinks he can keep going for another 2/3 years even as he rarely gets injured. So CCJ is not going to see a whole lot more of No.1 ruckman role anyway.
Reckon there's a good chance Goldy is pretty much cooked by the end of next season. He's turning 34 mid next year n he's bound to hit the wall sometime soon. Perfect opportunity for Cujo to do a season as the second ruck / forward n then step into first ruck for 2023. He'd be 23 / 24 yo and theoretically have a full season under the belt in 2022.
Playing for us, he'd still be stuck behind Nank 28 n Soldo 26 next year and pushed to play future key forward rather than his preferred ruck.