Callum Coleman-Judas - extricate yourself to Nth Ballarat, you git | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Callum Coleman-Judas - extricate yourself to Nth Ballarat, you git

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Can CJ Talk, anyone ever hear him speak? Hasn't done a hello Norf fans video yet like all new players do.

Reactions: 1 user

Hayfever

Tiger Champion
Apr 12, 2005
Reactions: 1 user

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Is he running away to an easier option? I'm far from convinced about this bloke. Let's see how it pans out..
Watching the video, he seems a bit selfish. Gets excited wearing a low number in lolnorf's jumper.....geez

If Goldstein breaks down, there's gonna be huge pressure on him to perform consistently which he still hasn't done with us.

King Kong

Tiger Legend
Aug 26, 2016
Brady Rawlings has said today that CCJ management confirmed he wouldn't come to the club if they forced him in via the PSD.

Important lesson for all the chicken littles worried about us having no leverage that the real leverage rests with the player and their manager.

He was never going into the PSD.

Reactions: 4 users

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
Brady Rawlings has said today that CCJ management confirmed he wouldn't come to the club if they forced him in via the PSD.

Important lesson for all the chicken littles worried about us having no leverage that the real leverage rests with the player and their manager.

He was never going into the PSD.
Yep, fair point in support of what you argued.

But also looks like it was his manager that approached and opened up discussions with Norf after CJ decided he needed to look around for greater opportunity to play as a ruck, late in the season. (He puts it as Norf contacting his manager but it must have been the other way; how would they have known he was so interested in leaving RFC otherwise?)

These words also makes me think he definitely wanted more guarantees to play in the ruck, so sliding into JR's position as a KPF or even forward/ruck was not his LT aim. I reckon he waited for confirmation that Soldo was a definite comeback/injury recovery. Probably got honest confirmation from us again that he was back to 3rd in line.

I think we just have to accept his decision now as in what he perceived as in his own best career interests; money and contract length. Most of all ruck No. 2 at Norf; probably intended No.1 in a year or two.

Reactions: 2 users

tommystigers

Don't Boo! It is hurtful to the inept and corrupt.
Oct 6, 2004
Hope Goldstein is unavailable when we play Norf. Want to see how he does agin' Nank. :love:

Reactions: 3 users

TigerFlag2017

Tiger Legend
May 16, 2007
I actually think that it was the recruitment of Lynch that was always going to limit CCJ's development games in the AFL. Difficult to carry two mark-only, lumbering forwards. Both can do a bit more than that, but two of them together become witches hats once the ball is on the ground.

I don't bemoan CCJ leaving for more game time. My deeper concern is our developing tall stocks look extremely thin up forward with CCJ (and Marbs) gone.

That said, I reckon a good midfield can make an average forward line look formidable, as was the case with Melbourne this year. Even us in 2017, with one tall forward, to some extent (albeit Jack is a special player).

Reactions: 4 users