Cambo's 250th | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Cambo's 250th

gustiger12

Its Tiger Time
Jan 22, 2003
www.thaigerpics.com
The just pointed out on club corner that this week is Cambo's 250th game.

Should add a bit of incentive for the boys to fire up again.

Good luck to Cambo. He deserves a win to celebrate the milestone.

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
It's about time to change our tradition of laying down in milestone games. We don't have a very good record in them.
Go Tiges make it one for CC to remember, he deserves the extra effort from you bigtime.
Onya Campbo. 250 games of consistancy.

P.S. You'd think the automatic 3 vote for Campbell brigade would have made mention of Campbo's 250th game wouldn't you. ;) ;D :) (Only joking, no need to swear at me, ha) :rollin

diggler

The Tigers Spine
Dec 18, 2002
Oh No! On our past history of loyal players milestones we usually get flogged.

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
I've just updated the Rhettrospective section on the main site, and found out that Campbo is only the 10th Tiger in Richmond's 118 year history to achieve 250 games.

Campbo and Knighter are the only two to reach that milestone who haven't played in a premiership.

Thanks for the info Rhett. :)

JohnF

LMFAOOO
Mar 29, 2003
Congrats to the most underrated and and unappreciated player of the last 10 years. Whilst some footy insiders have lauded Campbell for his efforts over the years, few casual fans have given him the time of day. When they do so, it is usually to relegate him to the status of "soft", "ineffective", "traitor", and a "dibby dobbder". Whilst this is to an extent expected from opposition clubs, its been sad that supporters from our own club have taken this attitude towards him.

Most Richmond supporters would much rather prefer to see a Richardson soar, or a Matty Knights give a look away hand pass than see an unassuming player who only looks good on the stat sheets. Wayne never has and never will have the finesse of a Knights, or the ability to inspire that an on-song Richardson has. Perhaps that is why he was omitted from the Richmond Team of the Century, whilst his more fancied peers were included.

But with Wayne it has never been about inspiring, or pleasing others. It has been about getting the job done, and that he has done better than anybody else at Richmond for a long long time. He never goes missing, always busts his balls and runs his heart out every week. He doesn't have sooks like Richo, he doesn't have quiet days like Knighter occasionally did. He just puts his head down, grits his teeth and fights on to the bitter death.

This is why in my opinion he has been the only shining star in twenty years of darkness at Punt Road. And the time has come for some affirmation, and here it is. Congrats Cambo 250 QUALITY games. You're the best.

You asked for it Rosy, LOL.

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
Such beautiful eloquence JohnF. That's the kind of tribute our 4 times best and fairest (and runner up 2002 Roarpower player of the year ) winner deserves.
Brought a tear to my eyes. You've done Campbo proud. :)

dimmauchamp

Tiger Legend
Apr 1, 2003
This will show how much his team mates respect him!!!! Will they get flogged to stick it up him, or will they do it for captain courageous???? He deserves it, but im a bit concerned!!! Number 5 for B&F which is a bit sad that there has been no one better than him in the last 5 years!!!! Not much depth!!!

mightytiges

The greatest Tiger of them all - Jack Dyer R.I.P.
Dec 16, 2002
Congradulations to Mr Consistently Good on his 250th :). Have a good one Campo and let's stick it up the dockers with a win.

JohnF

LMFAOOO
Mar 29, 2003
rosy3 said:
You've done Campbo proud. :)

Only the best for my main man ;)

It will be interesting Frawleydud to see if the players can do it for him. I'm not confident either after the loss we had in his 200th. Disappointing that his mate Richo won't be there to stand up and be counted for him.

dimmauchamp

Tiger Legend
Apr 1, 2003
yeah i know!!! He would have busted his guts for campbo and anyones milestone!!!! He is THE TRUE TIGER PLAYER!!!!! Thats why i love richo wether he kicks goals or behinds!!! I remember him in knights last game, He absolutley killed himself for a win and was very upset at the end!!! Hopefully they can all take some of his spirit and passion for the club and teamates and do the same thing!!!! Just like 1995 when they all played for each other!!!!

mellowyellow

Tiger Matchwinner
Dec 18, 2002
Well to wayne on his 250th game, i think only the 10' th richmond player to reach this milestone?

Lets hope it means somthing to the players come sunday and do him proud

Go tigers.

TigerFurious

Smooth
Dec 17, 2002
JohnF said:
Congrats to the most underrated and and unappreciated player of the last 10 years. Whilst some footy insiders have lauded Campbell for his efforts over the years, few casual fans have given him the time of day. When they do so, it is usually to relegate him to the status of "soft", "ineffective", "traitor", and a "dibby dobbder". Whilst this is to an extent expected from opposition clubs, its been sad that supporters from our own club have taken this attitude towards him.

Most Richmond supporters would much rather prefer to see a Richardson soar, or a Matty Knights give a look away hand pass than see an unassuming player who only looks good on the stat sheets. Wayne never has and never will have the finesse of a Knights, or the ability to inspire that an on-song Richardson has. Perhaps that is why he was omitted from the Richmond Team of the Century, whilst his more fancied peers were included.

But with Wayne it has never been about inspiring, or pleasing others. It has been about getting the job done, and that he has done better than anybody else at Richmond for a long long time. He never goes missing, always busts his balls and runs his heart out every week. He doesn't have sooks like Richo, he doesn't have quiet days like Knighter occasionally did. He just puts his head down, grits his teeth and fights on to the bitter death.

This is why in my opinion he has been the only shining star in twenty years of darkness at Punt Road. And the time has come for some affirmation, and here it is. Congrats Cambo 250 QUALITY games. You're the best.

You asked for it Rosy, LOL.

I think I've got something in my eye :'(

Just like to add that Campbell's 4 b&f's have all come under different coaches (sad isn't it) and he was also runner up to Knights in 92' under Jeans which just goes to show how many football people admire and respect him as a player. And I'm pretty sure he hasn't finished outside the top 5 in the b&f since 95'.

Congratulations to Wayne Campbell on 250 very consistant games.

JohnF

LMFAOOO
Mar 29, 2003
All he needs now is a premiership to top it off. I'm tipping it will come in 7 years time where he finally breaks K.B's games record. ;D

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
TigerFurious said:
I think I've got something in my eye :'(
Nothing like the tears that will be in my eye if we lay down and let Freo win their first ever game at the G on such an important day for Campbo.
Go Tiges.

Koalalill

Just looking for someone else to curse!
Dec 17, 2002
As i further show my age :-\

I remember Cambo's first game against the Pies on Mothers Day - 1991. The old Southern stand had been pulled down and they were building the one we have now. KB was coach. He wore number 46 and bumped a couple times when he should have tackled :) :)

But gee my Mum had a great Mother's day that year :D

gustiger12

Its Tiger Time
Jan 22, 2003
www.thaigerpics.com
It was interesting to read that this was one of the motivating factors in Richo wanting play this weekednd.

Shows he is prepared to bleed for the Yellow and Black despite some of his short comings at times.