Cameron The Sook. My new book. | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Cameron The Sook. My new book.

JimJessTorp

Barrels it!
May 20, 2009
An armchair in Sydney
AFL House

Review of transcript of meeting between Brisbane Lions and the AFL Umpiring Department.

Present: Gill M, Steve H, Hades K

Gill: Ok lets get this done. Over to you Steve.
Steve: Thanks boss. This meeting is to review the transcript of the meeting between Chris Fagan and Haydn Kennedy
Steve: Someone remind me who Chris Fagan is?
Hades: He the head coach of Brisbane
Steve: Oh yeah - The Suns
Gill: No Steve, its not the Brisbane Suns, its the Gold Coast Suns
Steve: So he coaches Gold Coast?
Gill: No, the Lions
Steve: No worries, with you now, he is coach of the Gold Coast Lions
Hades: *facepalm*
Gill: Listen carefully Steve. Chris Fagan coaches the Lions who are based in Brisbane.
Steve: Yep. Gottit! Anyway. Looking at the transcript - Tell us about the meeting Hades.
Hades: Well the notes for the meeting were taken by our work experience kid. Ummmm what was his name again? Oh yeah Jonathan Brown. Big kid. Bit thick.
Gill: Carry on Hades
Hades: yeah well, Chris wanted to talk about Charlie Cameron.
Gill: The Adelaide player. Does he want a trade?
Hades: No he's with Brisbane now.
Steve: Yeah, the Suns
Hades: No the Lions
Steve: What? Oh - Gold Coast - yeah
Hades: Forget it - Look - Charlie was apparently very upset about being manhandled by Dylan Grimes. The transcript says he was held off the ball 1,233,467 times
Hades: Hmmm. Not sure that was what Chris said but lets go with it
Steve: Seems excessive?
Gill: Certainly does. We've go to do something about this
Hades: Gill - I don;t think the umpires report from the game corroborates this. In fact it was Charlie holding Grimes.
Steve: Who's Grimes again.
Hades: Plays for the Tigers
Steve: Oh yeah - The old Fitzroy
Hades: What?
Gill: No Steve, Fitzroy moved to Brisbane and became the Bears
Steve: So who are the Tigers then?
Gill: Dustin Martin plays for them
Steve: Oh I know him! Mr "Potential to cause injury" - Yeah, how we laughed
Hades: Anyway, the match report says Grimes got two frees for being held and Cameron got none. Certainly doesn't explain the stupidly big number.
Gill: No - So lets drop the match day umpires to the NEAFL and bring in someone for the Prelim up there this weekend who understands the holding rule
Steve: yeah the Brisbane Suns vs Gold Coast Tigers is a huge game ad we need to get the right result
Hades: What?
Gill: I agree. Hades, make it happen
Steve: Meeting adjourned. Cab Sav everyone?

Reactions: 10 users

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
If I was the Lions coach, I would concentrating on the game coming up, because the heat will be on. Cameron has put a bit of pressure on himself silly boy.
And Fagan has put some pressure on Cameron too.

kiwitiger

Go the AllBlacks, the Storm , and the Tigers.
Jul 28, 2004
Every forward has a defender they dont like playing on , I reckon grimes is it for charlie

Just hope Grimes starts beating him early , this could turn into a nightmare for charlie with all the added attention through the week , and the feeling of the pressure rising if he starts getting beaten

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
If I was the Lions coach, I would concentrating on the game coming up, because the heat will be on. Cameron has put a bit of pressure on himself silly boy.

he's put a target right on his back. heaps of pressure for him to perform now. he won't be able to get 2017 out of his head.

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
It’s a shame we don’t have the Stackman available. Be great to see him sit Charlie down.

Reactions: 3 users

SpaceAce

Tiger Superstar
Aug 19, 2007
Fagan is fast becoming one of the most unlikable flogs in the AFL.
He is a desperate man who knows his team is going to be hit hard...really hard on Saturday night. The wanker clearly has no answers and is resorting to this cheap tabloid style coaching!
I hope we destroy them!!!

Reactions: 1 users

zgod

Tiger Legend
Feb 25, 2008
It's an odd stance to take from the lions.
On the other hand we are purely focused on the game.
I actually think we will maul them now.
We toyed with them last week.
Expect a clinical flogging.

artball

labels are for canned food
Jul 30, 2013
It's an odd stance to take from the lions.

it is. and it's distracted themselves thinking it would distract us. it's amateur stuff. a cheap shot that shows a real lack of integrity.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Even last night, fagan had to take a step back from having a sook to the umpires.
He actually said its the Brisbane lions football club not the charlie Cameron football club.
It shows that has taken over there preparation for the game.
Its become a distraction.
Its hurting.

We are usually fair and friendly to the opposition but i hope hardwick revs them up into a frenzy and they come out and slap them out of September.

bigwow

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2003
Melbourne
The teams that finished 1 & 2 on the ladder are focussed on everything but football at the moment.
Can't be a positive heading into a final.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
The teams that finished 1 & 2 on the ladder are focussed on everything but football at the moment.
Can't be a positive heading into a final.

They fear the 3rd place finishers. The know 3rd place will smash their hopes and dreams. They feel helpless and are flaying knowing full well there is nothing they can do to stop 3rd from finishing 1st.

frickenel

Tiger Champion
Jul 30, 2003
Hidden Valley
If there is anything Fagan should be woried about it was how easily we cut through their press. For most of the first half we'd gone through it like a hot knife through butter. Marcus Adams had buckley's of stopping most of Jack's goals. Going into the second term, we were toasting them through the middle again at will but butchering the scoring opportunity. Either the last handball was behind a team mate, potential goals fumbled over the goal line etc, but consistently entered the forward 50 with a heavy out number.

It should have been an 8 goal term.

For mine, Brisbane's concern should be that they smashed us in clearance, beat us in forward 50's, Lachie Neale had 50+ possessions and they still lost by 5 goals and should have lost by more.

I think we can walk away with more lessons than them, ie countering the stoppage advantage to get more forward 50 entries etc.

BRisbane have always had a problem with teams moving the ball in a ballistic manner and getting out the back of them. They actually changed their style slightly mid season to protect their back half. It seems those changes haven't been enough to protect their back half against our ball movement.

And wyhat has Fagen got so far............. a sook about the sook Charlie Cameron. And then some players wonder why they get boo'd out of the game!

Reactions: 2 users

French Tiger

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2004
Sooky little bugger , most of the footage they have shown has been 50/50 each holding at different times. God help you Charlie now Dylan has had a weeks rest.

Funny how we still had less frees than them yet apparently they wanted more & Lynch got done over more than anyone in my opinion.

Reactions: 1 user

Jetboy

Tiger Matchwinner
Aug 6, 2010
Melbourne.....sometimes Broome
The latest article on the AFL Live website is “He doesn’t want to go toe to toe with speed”: Lions plan to avenge Tiger tamer...

The accompanying photo is a big picture of Grimes and Cameron from Rnd 23............ummmm.....interesting to see who is holding who

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
The latest article on the AFL Live website is “He doesn’t want to go toe to toe with speed”: Lions plan to avenge Tiger tamer...

The accompanying photo is a big picture of Grimes and Cameron from Rnd 23............ummmm.....interesting to see who is holding who

Yep, starting to really annoy me now. Surely is he was being held ALL GAME as they state, they must have at least 1 photo of Grimes holding Cameron but the ones they have in these articles is of holding the other way round.

Hope this is additional motivation to the boys to get these whingers.

I'd obviously wanted to beat them before, but with all this whinging I hope we bury them into next week, ready for the Dogs to then maul them out of finals.

Cameron is obviously a bit of a dumb footballer too, claims that he didn't test Grimes by taking him up the field and then burning him back with pace, guess why, because Grimes didn't go with him up the field (he's too smart for that). It wasn't a hard tag, it was a marking job within our D50. Go up the field all you like, the mids will get you instead. Maybe even a nice Nank the tank closehanger can take him out too.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Can't help but think this has backfired on the Lions. It's turned into *the* talking point of the weekend. With Cameron already showing mental frailty but approaching the umpires during the game to complain, he'll go into this game fixated on his treatment from Grimes and not the ball.

I back our defence to deal with any umpire bias that may come as a result. It's not like umpire bias is anything new to them.

French Tiger

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2004

Didn't want to use speed, umm he had a crook ankle, try the new approach Charlie, see how you go, you obviously didn't see him run down Stephenson last year.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Please.
The media are going with Brisbane hasn’t lost a home final, how about our record against them? Period