Captaincy pecking order | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Captaincy pecking order

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
If Campbo's still injured and Gas is out who's the next in line for captaincy?
Is it Richo, or are there a few people equal on the next line of ranking?

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
Yeah I'd go for Andy or Chaff, but I wondered if there is a player officially next in line after Campbo and Gas.

mightytiges

The greatest Tiger of them all - Jack Dyer R.I.P.
Dec 16, 2002
Richo is next in line after Cambo and Gas. That's why he captained in the London game.

Expecting a good one from Richo this week. He will be captain and needs to lead by example as well as owing the club big time for his spat(s) in the corresponding game last year.

Keep up your 100% success rate as captain, Richo :).

Laff

September showers
Dec 19, 2002
The day Andrew fellaway gets the captaincy you know they are through

mightytiges

The greatest Tiger of them all - Jack Dyer R.I.P.
Dec 16, 2002
Laff said:
The day Andrew fellaway gets the captaincy you know they are through

Throwing himself back into packs and taking a mark to thwart opposition attacks. Rarely gets beaten. Gave Tarrant a bath in round 1. Gives us run out of defensive 50. Yeah what a disgrace if AK ever gets named captain and what a poor example he is to his teammates ::).

Commentators still lob AK's kicking in with his brother. Did it again on friday night's telecast. What utter cr@p.

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
mightytiges said:
Commentators still lob AK's kicking in with his brother. Did it again on friday night's telecast. What utter cr@p.

Kicking ability is not a pre requisite of captaincy anyway. Dunc would make an equally worthy captain imo. :D

RazorBoy

Just waitin' for the next premiership
Apr 18, 2003
I hope it will be Stafford. He shows great leadership around the club, particularly towards the younger players. Richo has enough expectation on his shoulders without adding the captaincy as well.

theglove3

Tiger Champion
Jun 3, 2003
staff won't get it. he's only played 26 games for us. doesn't deserve it yet. Richo did it in the hit and giggle match in london v essendon and played well. might surprise in the role. i reckon chaff has been a stalwart of the club and deserves a crack at it after 112 games. he consistently plays well and provides plenty of run from defence. go tiges. stick it up carlton this week.

hutstar

Tiger Superstar
Dec 17, 2002
Florida
I personally would like to see Chaffey as Captain.
AK would deserve it too.
Richo? Maybe, but i personally would prefer seeing a team player who leads by example be Captain.

Tigerdog

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Ch 10 news just said Richo is el capitan for this week.

Don't do a FN hammy tryin' to hard Richo... and captain this team to a resounding 10 goal thumping of Carlscum
8)