Captaincy (poll) | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Captaincy (poll)

Who's going to be captain?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

RichoMan28

#GoTiges
Mar 21, 2010
Lynch skipper. Grimes or Graham VC.
Think Vlastuin would have been a walk up start before last season. He was not himself most of the year.

Reactions: 1 users

Tony Braxton-Hicks

There are no stupid ideas, just stupid people
Aug 10, 2004
The Playboy Mansion
I went with the most likely future coach, which I think is Lambo.

Jacky G's time will come. No need to rush it.

JR8 and Grimes deserve it, while GOAT doesn't need the title or media spotlight.

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
Don’t think it will be Graham, maybe next time around.

Grimes or Vlastuin for mine. Don’t think it is time for generation next yet and to me he still has to take a couple of further steps as a player before he gets to be skipper.

Reactions: 3 users

artball

labels are for canned food
Jul 30, 2013
All things considered - Dusty. But I dunno if he'd take it..

Grimes or Graham then ?

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013

Grimes or Vlastuin for mine. Don’t think it is time for generation next yet and to me he still has to take a couple of further steps as a player before he gets to be skipper.

Agree and why I selected Vlastuin, but if we think this group has maybe 2 years left to win a premiership and with Vlastuins ill discipline at times last year, I'd think Grimes would be a great candidate. I don't see it being Jack as I suspect this might be his last year (same as Cotch).

Bullarto Tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 17, 2012
I've voted for Vlastuin.
2021 season was a bit of an aberration for him, from what I reckon, regarding poor performance and some onfield indiscretions.
I do believe, however, that Tigga would rise to the mantle of skipper with aplomb and be a strong, inspiring leader.
That said, Grimes is my second choice and he would be a ripper leader for two or three years if RFC were to see it that way.

Reactions: 2 users

Bullarto Tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 17, 2012

Agree, Sin
Although I am very mindful of Graham's heroics in several finals matches, I just not certain he's the right appointment at the moment.
As you say, the "next generation" will have its opportunity ... maybe in around three years time.

Reactions: 1 user

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
I've voted for Vlastuin.
2021 season was a bit of an aberration for him, from what I reckon, regarding poor performance and some onfield indiscretions.
I do believe, however, that Tigga would rise to the mantle of skipper with aplomb and be a strong, inspiring leader.
That said, Grimes is my second choice and he would be a ripper leader for two or three years if RFC were to see it that way.
Tigga struggled somewhat since Dangerflog assasinated him in the 20 GF, and also had a lingering knee issue I think this season.

Last edited:

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
I'll go Grimes but barring that Lynch or Dusty (if he wants it). Graham also should be in the leadership group but not ready yet IMO.
Agree Fridgey gets more experience and Ive got a feeling Grimes, Lynch or even Lambo might get it.

Sheds and Jackmond both deserve it, and the GOAT is probably just best left alone to let him GOAT.

Reactions: 1 user

Razorgang2

Tiger Matchwinner
Mar 15, 2014
Lynch skipper. Grimes or Graham VC.
Think Vlastuin would have been a walk up start before last season. He was not himself most of the year.
Still think he fits the Richmond mould. He's a defender, so he can see pretty much everything upfield. And he is a tough mofo, select him now.

DuD_Delist

Tiger Superstar
Sep 30, 2014
We can't go wrong in whoever we select but it just feels right if it is Edwards.

Reactions: 2 users