Captaincy (poll) | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Captaincy (poll)

Who's going to be captain?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

St Kevin

Tiger Legend
Apr 1, 2014
Hd Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

Stackey

Tiger Rookie
Jan 13, 2022
Perfect age for the job, elite player with years ahead in the best 22, solid citizen.
Maybe when the side is in top flight and rolling along...but when the heat is on and players need to step up in intensity...
Short is found wanting...

kyuss

Tiger Superstar
May 13, 2012
Perfect age for the job, elite player with years ahead in the best 22, solid citizen.
Fair enough. I agree with perfect age. I personally would like to see him pushed out of the side by someone who uses the ball better. Has to be the most overrated kick in the league. Extremely selfish when it comes to grabbing the handball from a player with a set shot and almost always butchers it. Loves just banging the ball on the boot. Shows zero leadership by example from what I see.

theglove3

Tiger Champion
Jun 3, 2003
Extremely selfish when it comes to grabbing the handball from a player with a set shot and almost always butchers it. Loves just banging the ball on the boot.
Seems to be a by product of that Coll game in 2018.
Did it twice in the first quarter kicking to the Punt Rd End goal within 60 seconds for 2 Goals.

Can't remember it coming off too many times after that.

Can anyone recall him kicking a goal in that fashion since?
(ie lurking around 50 after someone else marks, he receives handpass and kicks it through post high.)

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Did it twice in the first quarter kicking to the Punt Rd End goal within 60 seconds for 2 Goals.

(ie lurking around 50 after someone else marks, he receives handpass and kicks it through post high.)
He's only kicked 4 goals (in 54 matches) since that game. 9 behinds.

Tenacious

Tiger Legend
May 19, 2008

I don’t always like it either - but surely he’s doing it under instruction and the coaches could stop it if they wanted.

(But I’m not saying I want him as captain)

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
So KB is overrated and Shorty elite?

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

bugsy

TIGERISING
Jul 31, 2004
Lynch: Personally, I'd like to see him focus on his own footy at this stage, still feel he has a lot to offer there.

Graham: Not sure he is safe enough in our best 22
On Lynch I agree with you 100%. Still feel he is yet to hit his straps at Richmond, whether it be a fitness/injury issue or a Richo-like tendency to dummy spit when things don’t go his way. I’m optimistic his best is yet to come but as a leader he ain’t there yet.

On Graham, I’m astounded you have doubts whether he’s in our best 22. I have more concerns over many others who may now be unable to sustain their durability and fitness over a full season.

Jack is in his prime and should have several seasons ahead of him. He is actually my pick as captain, with a view to the future. However I’d have no problem with Grimes as captain and Graham vice-captain if they choose to go that way. Both are rock-solid under pressure and articulate in handling interviews and interactions with fans and the public generally.

Reactions: 1 user

BrisTiger24

Out: Chimp In: Camel
Oct 16, 2003
Brisbane
I guess what I mean is I think Graham is in our last 6-8 senior players on talent. That means he is only ever two or three poor games from being under pressure to hold his spot, as we've seen in the past when he has been omitted.

I think that's a very difficult place from which to Captain a team from.

I think he is absolutely capable of doing the job, including the front man stuff, he just wouldn't enjoy that part of it.

I don't want to imply we are best mates who talk about this stuff every day because that is certainly not even remotely the case, but from the little I know my take is he has no interest initially but has certainly warmed to the prospect since getting back into footy.

I'm not sure he has come around to the point where he will accept the job but I have a feeling we will see him have a formal leadership role when the announcement is made.
Thanks mate. One thing is for sure. If he wants it, he deserves it

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
I guess what I mean is I think Graham is in our last 6-8 senior players on talent. That means he is only ever two or three poor games from being under pressure to hold his spot, as we've seen in the past when he has been omitted.

I think that's a very difficult place from which to Captain a team from.

I think he is absolutely capable of doing the job, including the front man stuff, he just wouldn't enjoy that part of it.

I don't want to imply we are best mates who talk about this stuff every day because that is certainly not even remotely the case, but from the little I know my take is he has no interest initially but has certainly warmed to the prospect since getting back into footy.

I'm not sure he has come around to the point where he will accept the job but I have a feeling we will see him have a formal leadership role when the announcement is made.
If he could do the onfield without the off field he’d leap at it. He’s already a great onfield leader.

Willo

Tiger Legend
Oct 13, 2007
Aldinga Beach
Why did the poll close? (n):ninja::poop:
Some of us like to take some time to consider the most important and prestigious on field role in the history of world sport.
I say a non racist BOO!

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 1 users

kyuss

Tiger Superstar
May 13, 2012
Zero chance Short is captain.
To be fair to TBR he never really said shorty should be captain. He just said he ticked a lot of boxes to which I questioned cos I personally would like to see him upgraded. Dual premiership player so will always have a place in my heart.