Captaincy (poll) | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Captaincy (poll)

Who's going to be captain?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
we should consider ourselves lucky that we have so many options and I wouldn’t be offended whoever they gave it to. but to me, Grimes is the front runner. I can’t see why age would be an impediment. There is nothing that says you can’t have a skipper for 2 years then change again.

Reactions: 2 users
Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
Thought Jack dropped a clue today in the presser as to who the skipper might be when he said it was likely to come from someone who was in the mature bracket who might be able to do the job for 4-5 years.

“It’s a great strength and a great position to be in that we have got three or four options from the demographic of player that we want to select from. We’re very fortunate to be in that position.”

Dunno but that leads me to believe it will come from Lynch, Vlastuin or Nankervis rather than older players.

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Thought Jack dropped a clue today in the presser as to who the skipper might be when he said it was likely to come from someone who was in the mature bracket who might be able to do the job for 4-5 years.

“It’s a great strength and a great position to be in that we have got three or four options from the demographic of player that we want to select from. We’re very fortunate to be in that position.”

Dunno but that leads me to believe it will come from Lynch, Vlastuin or Nankervis rather than older players.
Just saw the presser. Best part he mentioned is that it doesn't really matter who the captain is, as most of our players are leaders anyway.

• Love
Reactions: 1 users

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005

I don't have Nank in the running as the official Captain. Still have Lynch as my favorite, his previous experience as a Captain would make it easier for him to take on the role again without much FUD that a new Captain is sure to feel.

Reactions: 1 user

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Just heard Browneye gabble on Ch 7 news about our possible captaincy: "Trent Caption" and "Dowstin Martin" :mhihi

scottyturnerscurse

Tiger Legend
Apr 29, 2006
Voted for Martin but said he if he doesn’t want it, Vlastuin.

Now thinking that Grimes will get it. Happy with that.

theglove3

Tiger Champion
Jun 3, 2003
Just heard Browneye gabble on Ch 7 news about our possible captaincy: "Trent Caption" and "Dowstin Martin" :mhihi
Spot on, Tony Free, I heard that too.
Scoop Browne is in such a rush to get his ground breaking stories out his mouth is faster than his brain.
I was laughing my head off saying slow down you flog.
At the end of it he almost sighed to himself, great I can breathe again.
Ricky Ponting is the same.
Speaks at a million miles an hour also, although he ain't shovellin' poop like the Browne dog. :))

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Spot on, Tony Free, I heard that too.
Scoop Browne is in such a rush to get his ground breaking stories out his mouth is faster than his brain.
I was laughing my head off saying slow down you flog.
At the end of it he almost sighed to himself, great I can breathe again.
Ricky Ponting is the same.
Speaks at a million miles an hour also, although he ain't shovellin' poop like the Browne dog. :))
It's not that he speaks fast it's more that his brain is slooooowww. Old mate Scoop gibbers like he's just indulged in about 40 uppers n washed em down with a couple of bottles of cold duck, twitchin n burblin all over the place.

graystar1

Tiger Legend
Apr 28, 2004
Still wondering when the big announcement will be made.
RFC playing this very close to their chest.

TrialByVideo

HailBGale!
Mar 1, 2015
Still wondering when the big announcement will be made.
RFC playing this very close to their chest.
Waiting for all the shitkicker clubs to sort out their myriad of dual & triple captains......
Veteran, senior, expanded and emerging leadership groups.........
Potential first to fourth year playing list influencers.... and
Finally the appointment of leading hand rookie and pre season supplemental head prefect....

When that's all done we'll just announce 3 blokes running our show.

Last edited:
  • Love

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
PREnders have unanimously decided Grimesy & Floss will be joint captains according to this poll. Do it RFC. :cupgold

#stopthesteal.

30% unanimity is literally so fake.

Elon Musk rigged the poll and he's an alien subterranean kid collector. FACT

Dustin Martin is my Captain

Jake

Tiger Superstar
Apr 2, 2005
#stopthesteal.

30% unanimity is literally so fake.

Elon Musk rigged the poll and he's an alien subterranean kid collector. FACT

Dustin Martin is my Captain

Yes eZyT, from U12's to AFL the best player in the team is always Captain.

Last edited:
  • Love

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
No news on when they will announce that Captaincy? I hope Caesar's holiday doesn't mean they need to delay the announcement by a couple of weeks.

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users