Cardinal George Pell, The Catholic Church and Child Sex Abuse | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Cardinal George Pell, The Catholic Church and Child Sex Abuse

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
Most disturbing for me was the complete lack of care for the two students. ABC did an amazing job building the story about culture and negligence then providing the evidence. Fantastic investigative journalism sadly lacking in Australia.

Except by 4 Corners - a long running stalwart of investigative reporting in Australia. An institution, in fact. (And some other excellent ABC programs.

Reactions: 2 users

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
Appreciate that Rids.

In this RoCo tweet Paris explains why BoIt and Henderson are pigs and also why he chose to return to the school. Some of this is graphic so be warned.

I haven’t seen or heard the comments by Bolt and Henderson and am not on twitter or any other form of social media (apart from PRE) so thanks for posting this.

That is disgustingly vile commentary from two grown men who should know better.

Paris is a courageous young man.

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
I haven’t seen or heard the comments by Bolt and Henderson and am not on twitter or any other form of social media (apart from PRE) so thanks for posting this.

It was on Sky News so the only people who watch it are the presenters and their immediate families. Gets some twitter traction though.

HR

Tiger Superstar
Mar 20, 2013
I haven’t seen or heard the comments by Bolt and Henderson and am not on twitter or any other form of social media (apart from PRE)
I saw this on Facebook today, have not seen the Sky coverage either but Bolt has history of justifying and supporting predatory behaviour. He should have his platform removed.

The Paris reply shows clearly how vulnerable our children are. This is a private school, in the big smoke, lots of boys, lots of parental support and this *smile* happens. It just highlights again to me how bad it really is in our remote and isolated communities where there is no one to turn to or when people dont have the support like Paris has.
The world is *smile* for our kids if shitheads like these are in their presence.

Reactions: 1 user

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
Why does the victim have to be the one that leaves permanently? The offender should be expelled and the victim can make their own mind up about staying or leaving - I imagine that's a highly personal decision. Friends, teachers, and other issues would all play into that.
I found it odd because they chose to leave initially, but then decided to return despite the school treating them appallingly. I made no comment on which party "should" leave.

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
I found it odd because they chose to leave initially, but then decided to return despite the school treating them appallingly. I made no comment on which party "should" leave.

Fair enough. Paris explained his reasons in the other link I posted.

Reactions: 1 users

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Creepy Bolt with the sniveling apology* today.
Must have either been threatened with legal action or was facing the sack to get that out of him.

Being a right-wing shock jock is a tough gig - its so easy to overstep. You've almost got be seen as supporting institutionalised pedophilia but not quite.

TrialByVideo

HailBGale!
Mar 1, 2015
Creepy Bolt with the sniveling apology* today.
Must have either been threatened with legal action or was facing the sack to get that out of him.
Nah.... the Murdochs don't sack filth like him, the kingmaker patriarch is probably on his way over from stomping on another country's democracy to give him a pay rise!
You've only gotta watch 10 minutes of Fox news coming out of the US to realise he's following company policy to a T..!

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
All the issues of misogyny, power, privilege and pedophilia aside,

I was struck by how extraordinarily banal, lame, unimaginative and downright *smile*

the St.Kevs lads chants were.

money cant buy class.

I know a few rich and powerful, old boys,

and when the moon is high and only the contenders remain and there's serious business in the offing

a deficiency in class becomes evident.

ironic.

and glorious.

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
All the issues of misogyny, power, privilege and pedophilia aside,

I was struck by how extraordinarily banal, lame, unimaginative and downright ****
They must go on and become members of the Fanatics

• Haha

TrialByVideo

HailBGale!
Mar 1, 2015
Just watched this air on the ABC.... having been both an alter boy and gone to a CB's school, I've always told people that I'd dodged a bullet, twice!
Seeing this tonight reinforces that in my mind.

The damage the Catholic Church has done and continues to do is just about unfathomable!

It's a riveting piece of television, though somewhat disturbing!

Reactions: 1 users

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
The Church. They had some good songs, “Almost with you“, “Under the Milky Way”, “Unguarded moment”.
Ohhh that Church, yep handful of Aussie classics. The rest of them God botherin *smile* organisations can take a runnin jump of a very tall cliff.

bigwow

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2003
Melbourne
Saw a Julian Clary sketch the other night, he mentioned he's 54 now, and that age had snuck up on him, 'like a catholic priest in a public toliet'.

• Haha