Cardinal George Pell, The Catholic Church and Child Sex Abuse | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Cardinal George Pell, The Catholic Church and Child Sex Abuse

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
Tigers of Old said:
I bet those poor abused children remember.

It's a sad, dirty state of affairs that will never be rectified.

Yes. The ones still alive that is.

RIP Damien Walsh, Noel Walsh, (brothers), Martin Walsh (cousin). All alter boys at St Alipius. 3 of 40 suicides statewide after abuse from 4 or 5 priests.

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
Utter disgrace.

If it was it any other organisation society would shut it down in a minute.

But The Church is untouchable.

After seeing Spotlight, I was even more furious. Just pure evil.

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
SCOOP said:
Utter disgrace.

If it was it any other organisation society would shut it down in a minute.

But The Church is untouchable.

After seeing Spotlight, I was even more furious. Just pure evil.
But Pell talked to the Pope yesterday so everything is ok.

I can't get out of my head that this is the Catholic Church we are talking about. Whatever you think of the Christian faith there is no doubt in my mind that if a person is a true Christian they would abhor what has happened and should be standing side by side with the victims. The fact that the Catholic Church is not is so incredible damning and damaging to it as a Christian institution and of the faith itself.

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Sintiger said:
But Pell talked to the Pope yesterday so everything is ok.

I can't get out of my head that this is the Catholic Church we are talking about. Whatever you think of the Christian faith there is no doubt in my mind that if a person is a true Christian they would abhor what has happened and should be standing side by side with the victims. The fact that the Catholic Church is not is so incredible damning and damaging to it as a Christian institution and of the faith itself.

Thats like expecting every Muslim to aplogise for terrorism isnt it?

And please I dont need anybody to purposely misinterpret my words to say that I'm on side with the Catholic church. Theres a reason I renounced my religion a long long time ago.

toby64

Tiger Champion
Mar 17, 2014
Pell reckons that despite all the complaints about Ridsdale, all the rumours, all the shuffling of him off to other parishes, he was never aware of the talk that he was a pedophile. Please.

And Bishop Mulkearns should be in jail.

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Yep, these guys are accessories to abuse of children. They knew, they denied, they hid it from authorities then moved them to pastures new where they were exposed to new children whose parents had no idea.

And Pell has the gall to waffle on about "original sin" and "the divine structure of the church". Disgrace of a human being. A venal, corrupt lying old man.

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
He's virtually admitted to turning a blind eye while the kids were suffering abuse. "Not of much interest to me" ::) ::) ::) Hope he rots in jail.

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
rosy23 said:
He's virtually admitted to turning a blind eye while the kids were suffering abuse. "Not of much interest to me" ::) ::) ::) Hope he rots in jail.

Some chilling quotes in there. can't remember the exact words, but he also said something like there was an old saying in the church 'those that told didn't know, and those that knew didn't tell'. Dunno the exact context, just saw that quote scrolling across the bottom of the screen. Bloody hell.

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
Yeah ts I heard him say that on the radio this arvo. Makes me sick.

Chiang Mai Tiger

Time for some Tiger Payback
Jun 17, 2004
Thailand
rosy23 said:

I'm blessed to be a father to a wonderful child, that comment by Pell just made my skin crawl.

I too hope that heartless prick rots in jail and while at it, gets something far worse on the side.

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
antman said:
Yep, these guys are accessories to abuse of children. They knew, they denied, they hid it from authorities then moved them to pastures new where they were exposed to new children whose parents had no idea.
Accessories are exactly what they are. No wonder Pell is scampering and denying. He's in full blown protection mode, under oath!

7209654-3x2-340x227.jpg

IanG

Tiger Legend
Sep 27, 2004
Melbourne
I find Pell's testimony bizarre, how did he think that was going to come across? Almost like he'd been told to fall on his sword.

saigon tiger

Tiger Superstar
Jun 4, 2010
Re: Who are our well known/celebrity supporters?

I grew up around the crew in Ballarat! I know personally 5 who have committed suicide! Some of the others are just walking zombies on drugs and alcohol. Pell as guilty as sin! Hopefully he gets his right whack!

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Re: Re: Who are our well known/celebrity supporters?

saigon tiger said:
I grew up around the crew in Ballarat! I know personally 5 who have committed suicide! Some of the others are just walking zombies on drugs and alcohol. Pell as guilty as sin! Hopefully he gets his right whack!
Not religious at all, n certainly not a fan of the cattleticks. It's not just Pell n the Catholic church that should be copping a beating over these issues. Every one of the institutions back in the days had exactly the same issues n cover ups.
There's barely an institution dating back from the dark ages that wasn't a haven for corrupt powers flogging n molesting those supposedly in care.

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
tigertim said:
Thats like expecting every Muslim to aplogise for terrorism isnt it?

And please I dont need anybody to purposely misinterpret my words to say that I'm on side with the Catholic church. Theres a reason I renounced my religion a long long time ago.
I am not asking all Catholics or all Christians to apologise or to feel responsible but I am asking for them to show Christian love and care to the victims.

Isn't that what JC taught and supposedly what Christianity stands for ?

IanG

Tiger Legend
Sep 27, 2004
Melbourne
Well Pell's testimony yesterday has caused Bolt to jump off him. Todays column from Bolt condemns Pell, probably the only article Bolt has ever written (or is likely to write) that I agree with.

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
IanG said:
Well Pell's testimony yesterday has caused Bolt to jump off him. Todays column from Bolt condemns Pell, probably the only article Bolt has ever written (or is likely to write) that I agree with.

Yep, even the Age are all over this, they have 2 articles on Bolts take on Pell!

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
IanG said:

He's softened his stance again today which is completely unsurprising. A bit like Robbo not wanting to join the 'pack' re Jab. :p :spin :spin :spin :p