Carltony | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Carltony

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Carlton certainly in red hot form right now.

Long season and we have shown both sides of the coin. Red hot early form is very hard to maintain and hard to find again if you lose it whereas red hot form around the last 5/6 weeks of the comp and into finals is the more productive

Yeah, but teams emerging from the doldrums often have a big start to the year. Likely will come back to the pack mid season if not earlier, but as a stepping stone to success in the next few years it is a good way to go. Gives the team the confidence it can match it with the best and a sighter on the level they need to reach to be a contender.

DS

Reactions: 1 user

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Covidton. Every week there's someone on the list. Durdin this week. Any masks around Puke-on Park?

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
The blues have a very well balanced team now. Curnow's return & Cerra's inclusion has added real class to them. It's very annoying.
Very Good
Interestingly that after 3 wins they are the talk of the town.
And the weirdest bit is that Doofus had the same side and now he is with us and we look like Carlton of the last 5 yrs.

BluesBloke

Tiger Superstar
Mar 15, 2012
What's funny is the only people who seem to be getting ahead of themselves where Carlton is concerned, is the media. All supporters I know are more apprehensive than anything else. I don't sense that the players are ahead of themselves either. But, when we do lose, be it this week, the week after, or whenever, you can bet your house that will be the media's narrative in the wash-up. Quite pathetic but so predictable.

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
What's funny is the only people who seem to be getting ahead of themselves where Carlton is concerned, is the media. All supporters I know are more apprehensive than anything else. I don't sense that the players are ahead of themselves either. But, when we do lose, be it this week, the week after, or whenever, you can bet your house that will be the media's narrative in the wash-up. Quite pathetic but so predictable.

Yep, so true. When we lost those games by small margins after winning the first, what, 7, games in 2017, the media narrative is exactly what they will trot out when Carlton lose a game. Maybe they could do away with the morons who run opinion on the game and just load up a computer with a decent algorithm to churn out the usual BS.

Actually, it reminds me of 1995. We got smashed by Geelong in the PF (we were ok but not really good enough, if only we had gone forward from there rather than backward, but, I digress) and the media were raving on about how Geelong would win the Grand Final. Um, let me think, who were they playing in the Grand Final . . . oh that's right Carlton, who hadn't lost a game for about 6 months. They really are numbskulls.

DS

shad

Tiger Champion
Apr 6, 2010
Castlemaine
I think if you went back and read all the stuff written here in 2017 you'd find that it wasn't until 15 minutes into the last quarter of the granny that the apprehension finally evaporated. I know that was true for me.

Enjoy the ride. I'll be barracking for the Blues for sure.

Reactions: 1 users

Dyer'ere

Licensed to kazoo
Sep 21, 2004
Important numbers from the lolnorf fread-

Did a little research. Since sossos debuted, Carl scum have won 36 games and lost 85. Lolnorf in the same period won 42 and lost 78. Not great but if lolnorf were *smile*, what does that make carlscum?
:ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
View attachment 15300
I didn't know they paid that well in the 80's
Wow !!!!

"Oak Capital and FMC agreed to lend $4.12 million to MW Assets Pty Ltd – the Waratah Group’s corporate vehicle in March 2019 – just eight months before it fell into administration.

Court documents reveal the interest rate on FMC’s loan peaked at 60 per cent, with monthly repayments reaching $52,492, despite the company only having advanced about a third of the $2 million it was lending."

"Court documents reveal Kernahan and Bradley also borrowed $1.5 million from Brown’s construction firm BPG in 2018 – prior to them taking on the Oak and FMC debts.

In 2021, the duo again agreed to hand over their homes as security to Brown’s company.

BPG is closely monitoring the Oak-FMC standoff."