Carltony | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Carltony

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Re: Carlton

I don't hate Carlton because of the supporters. I mean they are arrogant pricks but even if they were the nicest people in the world, I'd still hate Carlton with a passion.

When it comes to annoying supporters, Hawthorn have annoyed over the last few years but now Melbourne supporters are really starting to get under my skin. North supporters are a bit like the annoying little kid that's always trying to join in with the older kids and be part of the gang.

I don't hate Hawthorn, Melbourne or North per se, but I detest their supporters. Carlton I hate as a club.

5SKULL5

What stands in the way, becomes the way!
Dec 20, 2004
Melbourne

I HATE them all!

I still HATE Fitzroy!

Yes like everyone else I grew up dispising black n white and navy blue ferals.

I will take it to my grave, I know this.

It's all about the Yellow n Black.

Go Tiges

Skull

Tails

Still Chasing Dreams
Mar 10, 2007
Sydney, Australia

I hate Carlton with a passion, my father took me to a lot of MCG games when I was a kid, he didn't really barrack for the Tiges but hated Big Nick and Vin Waite. I loved Royce so it was always Richmond.
If Carlton play Collingwood, I always barracked for the Pies. If Collingwood play Essendon I go for the Pies, if Carlton plays Essendon I go for Osama to turn up with an *smile* bomb :hihi

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003

Wouldn't stop to urinate on either side if they were on fire in the street.
But if I really really had to push for one side to hate the most it would have to be that lying cheating thieveing mob from Carlscum. At least I can ( cough cough aaargh hack ) grudgingly respect to some degree the way Scumwood have worked to constantly redevelop their side and remain continously in finals contention.
Gotta admire the way their supporters just keep stepping up to the plate year after year no matter how many times their dreams crash and burn.

Carlscum on the other hand, just went totally filthy on their own as soon as they got busted for being cheating crooks and could no longer buy their way to the top of the ladder. As soon as the dirty dollars started to get poured back into the club, they all jumped back into the big circle of collective arse kissing.

A Tiger in Denmark
Aug 9, 2003
Denmark
www.dafl.dk

Oh, come on folks. Carlton are eminently hateable, but I always think of Collingwood-hatred in terms of being so far above the rest that you just never even think about it.

In other fields, for example, Carlton-hatred is Sachin Tendulkar, but Collingwood is the Don. Carlton-hatred is the Stones but Collingwood is the Beatles.

Wouldn't matter to me how many Big Nicks and Richmond v Carlton Grand Finals there have been ... we will always have 1980.

A Tiger in Denmark
Aug 9, 2003
Denmark
www.dafl.dk

LeighW said:
I have a hatred of Carlton that burns deeper than Collingwood, but only just. Crowey incident, tanking incident, the smug "16 premierships" line my sister in laws always spit out, their stupid song, their cheating ways

Ok need to stop before I explode

While I am in a fun mood .... I can resist when it's a "would of, could of, should of", I can resist when it's a "your / you're" or even a "there / their". But here is a rare opportunity.

It's "sisters-in-law" !!! ;)

I sound more and more like my father every day.

an ale with the whale

Ruthless Richmonds Return
Nov 10, 2010
melb.

I hate the bloos the most as a Kid growing up in the late 60s and early 70s the rivalry between us and them was intense because there were premierships on the line, i guarantee any of the players from that era would agree it was the clubs top priority to beat the bloos and it has stayed with me all these years and ive bought up my kids to understand it also, our family always sits at the PRE where the old bays 7 8 & 9 where, some of you may remember there was the away teams race right in the goalmouth at the PRE were many a beer was poured on an opposition player, those were the days..............
We were such a great side back then and i just hope for my kids sake that they get the chance to see an era of success such as that.
Let the giant awaken.

funky

Tiger Superstar
Nov 27, 2009

scumwood by a mile , their uneducated feral, bogan supporters makes me sick to my stomach .

tigermouseau

Tiger Superstar
Apr 19, 2004

I was brought up to barrack for two sides - first and foremost was the Tigers and second was the team that was playing against the filth. So it's always been Collingwood who I can not abide - I hate them with a passion.

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne

Collingwood's always been the #1 enemy for me, but their supporters appear to have acquired a trace of humility in recent times. Enduring a Magpie premiership summer hasn't been as bad as I'd feared. So far.

Carlton are back on their feet thanks to *smile* Pratt's cash, which arguably is the Australian public's cash. Their supporters can generally be described as unscrupulous and full of bluster, but weak as *smile* when the chips are down. They are threatening to assume Collingwood's mantle in the next few years.

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne

carlton by a mile. but i expect the suns and giants to take over from carlton when their ridiculously generous draft concessions win them flags, thus denying us from having any success :mad:

Streak

Tiger Legend
Aug 31, 2007
Western Australia

LeeToRainesToRoach said:
Collingwood's always been the #1 enemy for me, but their supporters appear to have acquired a trace of humility in recent times. Enduring a Magpie premiership summer hasn't been as bad as I'd feared. So far.

Carlton are back on their feet thanks to *smile* Pratt's cash, which arguably is the Australian public's cash. Their supporters can generally be described as unscrupulous and full of bluster, but weak as p!ss when the chips are down. They are threatening to assume Collingwood's mantle in the next few years.

I agree with your sentiments here L2R2R. I have been suprised how bearable it has been with the Pies fans, but I do wonder if they have suffered a bit of a let down with the GF like I did. Really, I couldn't be bothered with the replay, and while it meant a flag to them, I do wonder if Collingwood were more relieved than anything else to have won it, given how close they came to blowing it first up.

RemoteTiger

Woof!
Jul 29, 2004

I barrack for three teams -

1st and foremost - Richmond

Then

Whoever is playing Carlton

and

Whoever is playing Collingwood

When Carlton and Collingwood are playing each other I want the underdog to win in a blood bath with many reports. Particularly if Richmond play one of them the following round.

Have a deep seated dislike of Carlton borne from my impressionable years from mid '60s to early '70s and strengthened in '82.

Followed the family tradition of distain for Collingwood since I was in cloth nappies. All members of my family were Bomber suporters - I am the black (& yellow) sheep. Now my mum and dad have passed on I don't mind Essendon winning other games as long as we flog 'em. Grand Father barracked for the Saints so think of him when they are on top and my other Grand Father was a sheep wheat farmer in WA so think of him when the Weagles are going OK. My son got offered a contract with the Swans underage team but chose to backpack Europe for a couple of years before trying his luck - so I keep and eye on the Swans too.

Not a big fan of Port - don't like their arrogance.

Looking forward to the two new teams adding another dimension to our great game...............

PS. Don't like the word "Hate" - it is too hard to turnaround a hater to being a disliker or just a non-commited don't care person. Plus Hate starts wars - human history is littered with proof of that.

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell

My brother reminded me last night of the great quote by Jack Dyer

"I wouldn't cross the street to see a black and white movie "

Says it all I reckon

Boyanich

Tiger Matchwinner
Jan 13, 2004
Regional Victoria

23.21.159 said:
While I am in a fun mood .... I can resist when it's a "would of, could of, should of", I can resist when it's a "your / you're" or even a "there / their". But here is a rare opportunity.

It's "sisters-in-law" !!! ;)

I sound more and more like my father every day.

No. I think it is "Sister-in-law's.." as in, the way my sister-in-law is always going on....