Carltony | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Carltony

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Always perceived Carlton to be more aloof and shielded from its members than other clubs. Shocked that they still only need 100 signatures to turf the board out.

No doubt spooked by what's happened at Collingwood.

Doubt this bloke will follow through on his threat, but maybe he'll arrange for someone else to organise it.
I hope he does, he's very angry. How good is to have both Collingwood and Carlton in turmoil, it doesn't get any better than that.

“It’s arrogance and audacity on steroids,” Loccisano said."

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
I hope he does, he's very angry. How good is to have both Collingwood and Carlton in turmoil, it doesn't get any better than that.

“It’s arrogance and audacity on steroids,” Loccisano said."
Probably his last chance to do something. Carlton members have been extraordinarily well behaved, all things considered. But not a good look for coterie/life members to upset the apple cart.

Think Richmond passed similar legislation in the shadow of the 2017 premiership, didn't we?

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
For those of us without keys to the paywall, what's the gist of this guy's complaint?

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
For those of us without keys to the paywall, what's the gist of this guy's complaint?
A life member is saying that the club are sneakily trying to make changes to the constitution that will make it harder for members to call an EGM.

King Kong

Tiger Legend
Aug 26, 2016
A life member is saying that the club are sneakily trying to make changes to the constitution that will make it harder for members to call an EGM.
Exactly the same as what Peggy and co snuck through at our club. It was disgraceful

Reactions: 1 user

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005

Are the board just implementing it, or taking it to a vote at the AGM ?

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Are the board just implementing it, or taking it to a vote at the AGM ?
It's a "Special General Meeting", the Life Member isn't happy because he feels it is being "hidden", with the focus being on the "review".
Not happy that members haven't got time to digest everything before it's voted on August 17.

Personally, I don't know why they have to have a special general meeting, and can't wait until the AGM.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
While they are reviewing the club can someone check there salary cap?
Apparently they are after Cerra and will make a play for Kelly.
Salary cap check register 1982??

zgod

Tiger Legend
Feb 25, 2008
It's very Carltony to play freewheeling footy once finals are out of the question.
Once the heat is cranked up they always stumble.
Ditto Saints.

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
It's very Carltony to play freewheeling footy once finals are out of the question.
Teague’s probably had enough time to whip them into shape, but I reckon Bolton’s tenure did some damage by playing far too safe.

Pension Murphy off and last night’s young combination has a future under a good coach. I’d prefer Clarko at Collingwood to Carlton. More work to be done there.

zgod

Tiger Legend
Feb 25, 2008
Teague’s probably had enough time to whip them into shape, but I reckon Bolton’s tenure did some damage by playing far too safe.

Pension Murphy off and last night’s young combination has a future under a good coach. I’d prefer Clarko at Collingwood to Carlton. More work to be done there.
Agree.
Clarko at the blooze have them contending in 3 years.
At the pies, well they are *smile* regardless.
But for a coach what is more appealing?
Reckon he would like the challenge of fixing the blooze.

BluesBloke

Tiger Superstar
Mar 15, 2012
Didn't even bother watching the game on Friday night, after what was dished up the previous week. The win doesn't change my mind on things either.

This season has been a disgrace in the way it's followed a pattern:

1. Play some decent footy, post a rousing win or two
2. Then dish up a totally unforgiveable performance or two
3. Wheel out a couple of brooding players to front the media following said performances, "Yeah, nah obviously shattering for the boys, we vow to get better, soul-searching" blah blah blah, treating the supporters and members like total f'n idiots.
4. Repeat

The mantra leading into this season should've been 'No excuses'. They're not young anymore, they've more than outstayed the 'honourable losses' phase, and while injuries haven't been kind, it's no excuse for lack of effort - see North Melbourne, GWS games in a long line of examples.

Part of it is a deep-rooted culture problem for mine - players cutting corners, unaccountable, playing for themselves, too many happy just playing league footy all while collecting a large pay packet. Selection has also been baffling from Teague and the MC and far too many players in the 22 look far too comfortable.

Reactions: 8 users

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Didn't even bother watching the game on Friday night, after what was dished up the previous week. The win doesn't change my mind on things either.

3. Wheel out a couple of brooding players to front the media following said performances, "Yeah, nah obviously shattering for the boys, we vow to get better, soul-searching" blah blah blah, treating the supporters and members like total f'n idiots.
4. Repeat

The mantra leading into this season should've been 'No excuses'. They're not young anymore, they've more than outstayed the 'honourable losses' phase, and while injuries haven't been kind, it's no excuse for lack of effort - see North Melbourne, GWS games in a long line of examples.

Part of it is a deep-rooted culture problem for mine - players cutting corners, unaccountable, playing for themselves, too many happy just playing league footy all while collecting a large pay packet. Selection has also been baffling from Teague and the MC and far too many players in the 22 look far too comfortable.
I tend to agree. I reckon with Carlton there’s too many overpaid and underperforming mercenaries (Saad, Williams, Martin, McGovern, ) Charlie Curnow , IMO, will always be “potential “ before he eventually moves on to another club and slowly disappears (a la Patton and McCartin) and keeping Betts and Murphy on for 2021 was a mistake. Your youth doesn’t develop and you trade in mediocrity.

Other than that….

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Clubs got major issues when there's a heap of over paid moderately performed imported " stars " running around n taking the club nowhere, yet a player who's given his all over the years can't get looked after for a few weeks to get him to 300 when the season's probably done n dusted.

Reactions: 1 users

BluesBloke

Tiger Superstar
Mar 15, 2012

4. Repeat

See the first two stages of the steps I've listed above, suiting the past fortnight to a tee (St Kilda game, 29 pt win) and yesterday (Gold Coast, abhorrent performance, loss).

Looking forward to the next step, probably tomorrow. Bunch of frauds.

Last edited: