Carltony | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Carltony

Tenacious Tiges

I remember when Balmey just thugged them .....
Apr 11, 2003
You have it wrong Willo. You take the job, take the bags of cash, do a really bad job. Get fired, get given more bags of cash, and walk away with a big smile on your face, a loaded bank account and the knowledge that you were directly involved in forking Carlton.
Isn’t that what Robert Walls did to us? Cartoon conspiracy, I’m sure of it.

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
The Chris Scott rumour has some legs. Heard it second hand from a reasonable source. Not watertight but reasonable.

bob

Tiger Superstar
Mar 18, 2014
The Chris Scott rumour has some legs. Heard it second hand from a reasonable source. Not watertight but reasonable.
Wouldn't surprise.
Just like his brother, lauded by all - whilst leaving his club's list a mess

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013

First thing he'll do.

1 - Midfield is far too young. Get that Walsh kid out of there, only those approaching 30 are good in the midfield. Trade Walsh for several 30 year olds, get the average age up
2 - Re-sign Casbault. Experience is gold
3 - Try and trade for Tomahawk. You don't win anything with young upstart forwards. Bench McKay, needs to play more VFL.

Reactions: 1 users

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Even worse news for the Blues, Jack Silvagni has signed on for another 2 years.

Chris Scott is stoked.

CS - "I'm stoked that we have extended Silvagnis contract, he's one of the best defenders in the AFL's history"
Journo - "Jack Silvagni doesn't play in defence"
CS - "Jack?? Who's that? I thought we'd extended Stephens playing contract"

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

TigerPort

Tiger Champion
Jun 29, 2006
NSW
You have it wrong Willo. You take the job, take the bags of cash, do a really bad job. Get fired, get given more bags of cash, and walk away with a big smile on your face, a loaded bank account and the knowledge that you were directly involved in forking Carlton.

Willo would still have to undergo a 4 month isolation period with detox and cleansing sessions.

But he would be content counting all his money

Willo

Tiger Legend
Oct 13, 2007
Aldinga Beach
Money can’t buy happiness :LOL: I have some morals, fancy having to wear that poxy colour and logo around
Willo would still have to undergo a 4 month isolation period with detox and cleansing sessions.

But he would be content counting all his money
4 months! I’d need to be admitted to a sanitarium!

I wonder how much they’re paying….:unsure:

• Haha
  • Love

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
I keep getting told that Cook and Clarkson was a done deal weeks ago.

There's a lot of stories coming out of Carlton. It's as if they have *smile* up things so badly that now everything and anything good is "locked in", more out of sheer hope than anything else.

Reactions: 1 user

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
Jon Anderson reporting that Cook has signed with Carlton as CEO. Is Clarko also going there?

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Jon Anderson reporting that Cook has signed with Carlton as CEO. Is Clarko also going there?
I wonder how the Carlton millionaires and past players who run the sh!t show there will handle Cook telling them how things are going to be.

bob

Tiger Superstar
Mar 18, 2014
I wonder how the Carlton millionaires and past players who run the sh!t show the will handle Cook telling them how things are going to best

story broken by Sam McCclure. You could feel how happy he was through the words in the article.
Had heard that Cook had bought a house in melb - wonder if it was Jeannie Pratt or Bruce Matheson who bought it for him.

I've been wondering about Balmey. Having heard his interview with Dwaynepipe y/day, I'm not so sure there was 'nothing' in the Adelaide job offer. I got the impression he was genuinely interested and we have 'nicely' held him to his contract.

would not surprise if Cook gets Balmey to the Blues. I think Balmey needs a meaty role, get the sense he's bored.

Last edited:
  • Sad

Bones17

Tiger Rookie
Jul 11, 2010
The Pines
would not surprise if Cook gets Balmey to the Blues. I think Balmey needs a meaty role, get the sense he's bored.
I don't think the old school Carlton people would accept Balmey, similar to how Richmond people were with Robert Walls.

TigerFurious

Smooth
Dec 17, 2002
This quote from Warren Buffet seems appropriate.

“When a management with a reputation for brilliance tackles a business with a reputation for poor fundamental economics, it is the reputation of the business that remains intact.”

Good luck Cook. You are going to need it.

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 6 users

Ghost of 29

Handball - its just a fad!!
Aug 16, 2008
This quote from Warren Buffet seems appropriate.

“When a management with a reputation for brilliance tackles a business with a reputation for poor fundamental economics, it is the reputation of the business that remains intact.”

Good luck Cook. You are going to need it.
In the Blues case it will be shutting off the club powerbrokers and ex legends from any influence and getting rid of anyone within the club who gets influenced by these people. Start with Greg Williams