Carltank | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • If you are having trouble logging in to the forum please contact [email protected] // When reseting your password or awaiting confirmation please check that your email is correct and also your junk/spam emails.
  • IMPORTANT! Our inbox is full of email errors from members who have not updated their emails, please follow the instructions on how to update here
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Carltank

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
I keep getting told that Cook and Clarkson was a done deal weeks ago.

There's a lot of stories coming out of Carlton. It's as if they have *smile* up things so badly that now everything and anything good is "locked in", more out of sheer hope than anything else.

Reactions: 1 user

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Jon Anderson reporting that Cook has signed with Carlton as CEO. Is Clarko also going there?
I wonder how the Carlton millionaires and past players who run the sh!t show there will handle Cook telling them how things are going to be.

bob

Tiger Rookie
Mar 18, 2014
I wonder how the Carlton millionaires and past players who run the sh!t show the will handle Cook telling them how things are going to best

story broken by Sam McCclure. You could feel how happy he was through the words in the article.
Had heard that Cook had bought a house in melb - wonder if it was Jeannie Pratt or Bruce Matheson who bought it for him.

I've been wondering about Balmey. Having heard his interview with Dwaynepipe y/day, I'm not so sure there was 'nothing' in the Adelaide job offer. I got the impression he was genuinely interested and we have 'nicely' held him to his contract.

would not surprise if Cook gets Balmey to the Blues. I think Balmey needs a meaty role, get the sense he's bored.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: 1 users

TigerFurious

Smooth
Dec 17, 2002
This quote from Warren Buffet seems appropriate.

“When a management with a reputation for brilliance tackles a business with a reputation for poor fundamental economics, it is the reputation of the business that remains intact.”

Good luck Cook. You are going to need it.

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 5 users

Ghost of 29

Handball - its just a fad!!
Aug 16, 2008
This quote from Warren Buffet seems appropriate.

“When a management with a reputation for brilliance tackles a business with a reputation for poor fundamental economics, it is the reputation of the business that remains intact.”

Good luck Cook. You are going to need it.
In the Blues case it will be shutting off the club powerbrokers and ex legends from any influence and getting rid of anyone within the club who gets influenced by these people. Start with Greg Williams

Reactions: 1 users

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
The influence they are giving Williams is staggering. Listen to Daisy Thomas talk about Willis when they brought him down to help at training.

Cook is a good get but not going to help them win too many games if their coach is rubbish.

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
The problem Cook will run into, is a bunch of ex players, too important coterie type people, and dhead board members all telling him that they know better.

Reactions: 3 users

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
The problem Cook will run into, is a bunch of ex players, too important coterie type people, and dhead board members all telling him that they know better.
Poor old Cookie will be everybody's punching bag, won't know which direction the *smile* is coming in from. He had full support from all areas of the clubs in his time at Wet Coke n Geelold.
Fronts up at Carlscum n there'll be snipers hiding behind every tree n under every rock just waiting to knee cap him. It'll take him a year n probably two just to get everyone working in the same direction, that's if he survives that long.