Carltony | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Carltony

MB78

I can have my cake and eat it too
Sep 8, 2009
John Elliot has passed away aged 79
The appointment of Voss might have been the final straw.

May he Rest In Peace when I think of Carlton one of the first through of.

Reactions: 1 user
Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com

My honest feeling is this is going to be a train crash.

Voss appears nervous, cliched & stumbles over his words a fair bit. There's a reason they use subtitles. Inspect?

Might be wrong but it just feels like they've made this appointment cause it's the best available at the time.

The Pies appointment seems good. This doesn't. Ultimately time will tell.

Reactions: 2 users

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004

Voss appears nervous, cliched & stumbles over his words a fair bit. There's a reason they use subtitles. Inspect?

Might be wrong but it just feels like they've made this appointment cause it's the best available at the time.

Dimma was the same when he started. Too many "look" cliches. Vossy was hopeless as Brisbane coach because he jumped the gun too quick but now with experience should be better. I, as a Richmond supporter, want these two rival clubs to fail, but feel a bit for both coaches which I respect more. As you said Oldie, time will tell. Let it be.

achillesjones

"just kick it to Royce"
Apr 19, 2004
Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
Dimma was the same when he started. Too many "look" cliches. Vossy was hopeless as Brisbane coach because he jumped the gun too quick but now with experience should be better. I, as a Richmond supporter, want these two rival clubs to fail, but feel a bit for both coaches which I respect more. As you said Oldie, time will tell. Let it be.
True enough. I guess the difference was Dimma was a fresh & hungry young coach.
Voss has been in the system a long time now but not so much as the main man since his sacking back in 2013.
He might be better for the experience but I dunno. Feels like the wrong appointment.

In saying that I was stoked when we got Wallace & thought Clarkson was a spud appointment for the Hawks!

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv

Spot on. Agree on all fronts there.

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
True enough. I guess the difference was Dimma was a fresh & hungry young coach.
Voss has been in the system a long time now but not so much as the main man since his sacking back in 2013.
He might be better for the experience but I dunno. Feels like the wrong appointment.

In saying that I was stoked when we got Wallace & thought Clarkson was a spud appointment for the Hawks!
Totally agree he was a rushed appointment. Wallace and Clarko...geez. I was the same in the early days of this forum.:))

Reactions: 1 users

A Tiger in Denmark
Aug 9, 2003
Denmark
www.dafl.dk
How many Brownlow Medallists have gone on to be premiership coaches?
Off the top of my head, I can think of only *smile* Reynolds and Malcolm Blight.

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang

On your 2021 form , I’m dropping the mortgage on The Blues in 2022

• Haha

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
That was Steve Vizard doing an impression. He never used the term.
I remember a scene from the show Rubbery Figures years ago. There were a couple of pigs sitting at a bar having a beer with smokes in hand and one pig turns to the other and says “ Elliot’s arse “ :LOL:

• Haha

Tigertough1974

Tiger Champion
Oct 1, 2013
In a group chat talking footy with mates, we could only come up with Lethal & Parkin as to which coaches have won a flag AFTER being fired...

Odds against Vossy, as a player was one of my favorites. Hate the scum so obviously hope it ends in disaster...

Ghost of 29

Handball - its just a fad!!
Aug 16, 2008
Kingsley mustn't be that impressive then
Too much of a PR risk with Kingsley for a club like Carlton. Not very well known and being a rookie would afford him little leeway with fans.

Reactions: 1 users