Carltony | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Carltony

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
The Visy Blues are taking recycling to another level

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Interesting that Aaron Hamill is going back to Carlton as an assistant coach. Him leaving was a big loss to the Blues, he was a real heart and soul player.
Always liked him as a player, except for that tackle on Schulz. I liked how he stood up to John Elliott too, RIP.

Reactions: 1 user

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Just listened to Dwayne Russell interview George Hewett, I reckon he'd be able to lift heavy things :)

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

Feeling Tigerish

Tiger Champion
Apr 11, 2009
Have recruited more players from other clubs than anyone. Why the hell do players keep nominating them. It’s doing my head in. Are they cheating again?

Reactions: 1 users

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
I don't know why we bother wiping our arse, it's only gunna get dirty again :) ;)
True, but it helps avoid the lingering odour, slippery arse cheeks n those tell tale skiddies in your nicely laundered fluffy white Y fronts.

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
I think there is a different question to ask about all the players from other clubs going to Carlton and that’s why do they need to keep on doing it?
The fact is they are terrible at developing young players themselves. They get high draft picks because they are perennial under achievers. Some are successful because they are too good not to, but they have had very few low and mid range picks become good players because their player development is so poor. They have to recruit mature players who have learned to play somewhere else

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Have recruited more players from other clubs than anyone. Why the hell do players keep nominating them. It’s doing my head in. Are they cheating again?
100% they offer huge amounts.
Nearly every player in the last 10 years that has left there club has nominated Carlton.
is visy still around

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
In 1 day of trading they got Hewitt free Agent
Young and Cerra in the trade period.
Can someone email the club, they get picks to go to a thing called the draft.

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Carlton players from other clubs in 2021: (plus the seemingly new 3 in Cerra, Young and Hewett)

(16 +3)
Adam Saad Liam Jones Sam Docherty
Nic Newman Caleb Marchbank Lachie Plowman
Matt Kennedy Will Setterfield Gordon Hewett
Lachlan Fogarty, Mitch McGovern, Jack Martin
Jack Newnes Lewis Young Eddie Betts
Mark Pittonet, Zac Williams Adam Cerra

Oscar McDonald

And others that were on their list over the seasons 2020, 2019, 2018, 2017:
(21)
Hugh Goddard, Cal Moore, Darcy Lang,
Aaron Mullett Kristian Jaksch Jarrod Pickett
Dale Thomas Jarrod Garlett, Josh Deluca
Alex Fasolo Daniel Gorringe Rhys Palmer
Cam O’Shea, Andrew Phillips, Jed Lamb
Matthew Lobbe Sam Kerridge, Matt Shaw

Matthew Wright, Billie Smedts, Liam Sumner,

Richmond in the same period have had 13: Prestia, Houli, Lynch, Caddy, Nankervis, Parker, Grigg, Weller, Townsend, Hampson, Miles, Yarran and Hunt.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 3 users

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Carlton players from other clubs in 2021: (plus the seemingly new 3 in Cerra, Young and Hewett)

(16 +3)
Adam Saad Liam Jones Sam Docherty
Nic Newman Caleb Marchbank Lachie Plowman
Matt Kennedy Will Setterfield Gordon Hewett
Lachlan Fogarty, Mitch McGovern, Jack Martin
Jack Newnes Lewis Young Eddie Betts
Mark Pittonet, Zac Williams Adam Cerra

Oscar McDonald

And others that were on their list over the seasons 2020, 2019, 2018, 2017:
(21)
Hugh Goddard, Cal Moore, Darcy Lang,
Aaron Mullett Kristian Jaksch Jarrod Pickett
Dale Thomas Jarrod Garlett, Josh Deluca
Alex Fasolo Daniel Gorringe Rhys Palmer
Cam O’Shea, Andrew Phillips, Jed Lamb
Matthew Lobbe Sam Kerridge, Matt Shaw

Matthew Wright, Billie Smedts, Liam Sumner,

Richmond in the same period have had 13: Prestia, Houli, Lynch, Caddy, Nankervis, Parker, Grigg, Weller, Townsend, Hampson, Miles, Yarran and Hunt.
Geez there's some premium elite talent in those lists of forty players. No wonder Carlscum sucks so bad. :rotfl1:rotfl1:vomit

bob

Tiger Superstar
Mar 18, 2014

The Blues - and the Hawks and Cats - are an interesting study re: all the recycled players they've brought in.

Does it work? I havent got a clue but from recent experience (Bulldogs, Tigers, Dees) it doesn't look that way, does it? Not sure. A couple of high quality players from other clubs helps though (Lever/May or Lynch/Prestia).

The recycleds haven't done much for the Hawks with O’Meara, Mitchell, Wingard, Frost, Impey, Scrimshaw, Phillips, Hartigan. Think I am missing a few.
Hasn't quite got the Cats over the line with Tuohy, Jack Steven, Rohan, Dalhouse, Issac Smith (who's a massive tosser IMO), Higgins, Josh Jenkins, Henderson, even over the back Cameron.

If the Blues fans didnt have Walsh, McKay and Weitering to follow throughout their careers (and also Cripps to a degree, although he's looking cooked), it'd be a pretty hollow experience at the footy. Cerra might help change that, he's still so young.