Carltank | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Carltank

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
You're restricting my freedom to safely go out.

DS
Don't forget Gman thinks people should be able to drive at whatever speed they like, drive on which ever side of the road they like, shoot guns whenever they like, throw rocks at people etc etc, and it is only when someone actually gets hurt that you should get in any trouble, and only then if the victim can find you and has the money to take you to a private court.
i can understand why he would oppose mandatory vaccination, while supporting the rights of people to sue whoever transmits Covid, or any other disease, to them.

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
Interesting conundrum that.What is worth fighting for?As individuals that we are having full consensus is not possible.There will always be someone who feels left out/shortchanged and so on.But laying down and accepting all and sundry without question seems to me to be retrograde.Do all those in power enact laws for altruistic reasons?I think not.The more compliant a society the easier it is to control especially with a good dose of fear.New normal?Or Brave New World with a touch of 1984........
i am still confused. should the right to freedom of speech absolute or not? or is it dictated by the government through laws? or dictated by societies moral code? or an individuals?

The Big Richo

Staff member
Aug 19, 2010
The home of Dusty
Well it’s not like they are allowed to tell him anything else. There is the approved line from up above that is the only line a doctor can follow, they have no freedom to recommend otherwise.

I think you'll find Doctors are allowed to follow any line they choose, as long as it is factual and not part of the spread of misinformation.

• Love
Reactions: 2 users

HR

Tiger Superstar
Mar 20, 2013
Im a fit person, a bloody fit person.
Good on you Frick for the double jab.
Sorry to hear about the drama it has caused you.
But you are a good case of reason.
Do you now think that you stand a better chance of survival when you get covid in the future?
Did you consider getting the second jab because your body cannot handle the virus? Or did you think you'll never catch it in the future because of who you are ie fit and healthy?
I hear this crap about the fit and healthy don't need it because they work on keeping themselves in good shape and they are not likely to be badly effected. I'm pretty sure covid doesn't give a *smile*.

Reactions: 1 users

Giardiasis

Tiger Legend
Apr 20, 2009
Brisbane
I think you'll find Doctors are allowed to follow any line they choose, as long as it is factual and not part of the spread of misinformation.
They will be deregistered on the spot if they do not recommend taking a COVID shot and also for not taking one themselves.

• Haha

HR

Tiger Superstar
Mar 20, 2013
So you can't back your claim. That's ok.

Cases in the mostly vaccinated countries like UK and in West Europe are still high. The good news is that hospitalisation and deaths are down which is a good result for the vax but transmission is still significant.
That's right Harry, I think.
The answer is get vaxed cause your going to get the virus.

Reactions: 1 user

The Big Richo

Staff member
Aug 19, 2010
The home of Dusty
They will be deregistered on the spot if they do not recommend taking a COVID shot and also for not taking one themselves.

That's absolutely not correct.

If a patient has a legitimate reason to be at risk from the vaccine then the Doctor won't recommend it for them. Nor would a Doctor in the same position take the vaccine or be expected to.

Without that, any Doctor would recommend the vaccine to a patient and take it themselves because that is the medically sound course of action.

mjb

Tiger Matchwinner
Jun 23, 2007
removing the first past the post that has led to many getting elected when fewer people voted for the person in the first place.

Feedback more than welcome.
First past the post is an inherently flawed system. If you have 10 candidates (not that uncommon) it’s possible to be elected with 11% of the vote.

Giardiasis

Tiger Legend
Apr 20, 2009
Brisbane
Without that, any Doctor would recommend the vaccine to a patient and take it themselves because that is the medically sound course of action.
Point is, it doesn’t matter whether they think it is or not, they have to follow this instruction they have no room to do their own research and recommend anything different.

• Haha

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Well David doesn’t even believe in his own ownership of his own body so I’m not sure why he has anything to complain about in regards to his safety.

But Gia, it was my parents who mixed their labour to create me so if I was a piece of property (which I am not) surely they would own me?

DS

gold1

Tiger Superstar
Feb 24, 2008
i am still confused. should the right to freedom of speech absolute or not? or is it dictated by the government through laws? or dictated by societies moral code? or an individuals?
Sorry about your confusion but if you are looking for enlightenment perhaps look within. I am no prophet whatever than entails.

Giardiasis

Tiger Legend
Apr 20, 2009
Brisbane
I think you are dramatically underestimating the intelligence and ethics of the medical profession.
Well given they operate a closely guarded cartel that significantly reduces competition for doctors and because of how far entwined governments are to the medical profession I think their ethics needs a serious examination.

• Haha

gold1

Tiger Superstar
Feb 24, 2008
First past the post is an inherently flawed system. If you have 10 candidates (not that uncommon) it’s possible to be elected with 11% of the vote.
And the current system where backroom deals are done to get people elected is any better? Give me a genuinely majority elected person everytime.

• Dislike

wammo

We're from Tigerland
May 16, 2007
Point is, it doesn’t matter whether they think it is or not, they have to follow this instruction they have no room to do their own research and recommend anything different.
Absolutely they can do their own research, but until they can come up with evidence significant enough to change current theory, they are compelled to act in accordance with the best evidence that the medical and research communities can provide.

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
So that makes a system where a candidate gets 1% of the vote who then gets an additional 50% of the vote sold / donated to him by other candidates doing back room deals to try n shaft other contenders an ideal system??

Giardiasis

Tiger Legend
Apr 20, 2009
Brisbane
But Gia, it was my parents who mixed their labour to create me so if I was a piece of property (which I am not) surely they would own me?

DS
Actually you invaded your mothers womb and she had the right to abort you if she wanted to. She didn’t though, so your first use rights to your body have given you ownership of it. I couldn’t have an argument with you without presupposing your ownership of your body.

• Haha

Giardiasis

Tiger Legend
Apr 20, 2009
Brisbane
Absolutely they can do their own research, but until they can come up with evidence significant enough to change current theory, they are compelled to act in accordance with the best evidence that the medical and research communities can provide.
Exactly they have to conform to the established approved guidance even if they think it is in error. Approved guidance that is significantly influenced by the political motivations of governments.