Carltony | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Carltony

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
Its beautiful to know we won 3 flags but in those 3 years we didn't beat Collingwood Carlton or Essendon finals due to 2 of then being vomit.
But it would be great to see real clubs in September like us Carlton Collingwood Melbourne etc. I'm over watching the the Chockers Brisbane and Port in September.
If that's the way you rebuild, then that's the new way.
Melbourne did it to get lever and May and Carlton has grabbed any one with a heart beat.
Hopefully we regroup and meet them in September

btoz_01

Tiger Legend
Apr 5, 2004
Probably because he's originally from Victoria, and believes that Carlton are much closer to a flag than the dockers are.

What can't you do on $650 000pa over 4 years that you can with $750 000pa over 4 years? Buy a 4th property?

BTW I'm just guessing what his salary is at Carlton, no idea.
Rumoured hes on about $500,000pa
I call it BS

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
Except Carlscum finished 9th and only got in because they kicked the Druggies out of the finals.
No, Carlton finished 8th.

Essendon were rightfully demoted on the ladder because their early season wins were tainted by their drug regime, Carlton would have been treated unfairly if they missed out on the finals due to Essendon's cheating.

Reactions: 1 user

King Kong

Tiger Legend
Aug 26, 2016
No, Carlton finished 8th.

Essendon were rightfully demoted on the ladder because their early season wins were tainted by their drug regime, Carlton would have been treated unfairly if they missed out on the finals due to Essendon's cheating.
I don't think Carlscum has ever been treated unfairly by the AFL given the amount of times they've cheated.

Over the last 50 years it would be hard to say whether they've had more seasons where they've cheated or less. Either way its a lot.

Reactions: 1 user

BluesBloke

Tiger Superstar
Mar 15, 2012
Not going to get too carried away as it's only Round 2, but it's nice to finally feel like there's substance and direction to what they're doing. I haven't enjoyed footy as much as I have in the past two weeks for a very, very long time.

Hawks and Suns to come in the next two weeks - test is now to back it up.

Reactions: 3 users

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Not going to get too carried away as it's only Round 2, but it's nice to finally feel like there's substance and direction to what they're doing. I haven't enjoyed footy as much as I have in the past two weeks for a very, very long time.

You've had a good base for a few years.

McKay, Curnow, Cripps, Walsh, Williams, Docherty, Weitering, Martin, and Marchnbank.

Kennedy has lifted with a new lease of life and of course Cerras addition along with Hewitt.

Just needed the right vibe and the right connection.

Maybe the you found it at least an exciting season lies ahead for Blues fans.

Lets see how it pans out.

Reactions: 2 users

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
You've had a good base for a few years.

McKay, Curnow, Cripps, Walsh, Williams, Docherty, Weitering, Martin, and Marchnbank.

Kennedy has lifted with a new lease of life and of course Cerras addition along with Hewitt.

Just needed the right vibe and the right connection.

Maybe the you found it at least an exciting season lies ahead for Blues fans.

Lets see how it pans out.
They have had the same players under the 2 doofus's.
Kennedy was delist material.
Cripps looks brand new and McKay is a top forward similar to Ottens in 2001.

shad

Tiger Champion
Apr 6, 2010
Castlemaine

It's a great feeling going to the footy when you can feel confident that your team will be competitive and give their all week in week out. Enjoy the ride mate.

bob

Tiger Superstar
Mar 18, 2014

I can feel your positivity. Is understandable, us RFC supporters know the joy when your team starts to perform better.

All the best BB, enjoy it. Reckon you'll make the 8. Your midfield is getting deeper and classier, some good rotations across HB, HF, wings and pure mids now to give you a good chance in most games.

Not sure how deep you'll go in finals - will all depend on injuries.

IMO, the game of AFL has never looked so demanding on players - concussions, injuries galore most weeks across many teams. 27 year old mids look old now in many teams. Maybe I've forgotten all the injuries pre covid but looks damn tough out there now with the constant speed on the game and stand rule. And that's before we even consider the mental pressure with too much media, barrage of social media, etc.

With your Blues, the mids look much better and McKay is a gun. Reckon you are one class defender short, but it looks like a great year ahead.

Reactions: 4 users

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003

Bloody hell. Your mob could end up four n zip to start the season. Not sure there's enough tissues in stock at Coles n Woolies to cope with demand if that happened.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne

Hawks and Suns? Yeah, test comes after round 4 by the look of it.

Carlton should have been knocking on the door of the 8 earlier but look the goods now. With the midfield being so important, and the game looking ridiculously fast this year, Carlton are looking good.

Not sure if they can get past a PF but this is just the sort of stepping stone that gets you to the top. They certainly look capable of making a PF.

We'll see, but 2 impressive wins to start the year is a damned good start, long season though.

DS