Carltony | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Carltony

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
T-Shirt Tommy said:
The thing about SOS and his GWS retreads is that he's made the same mistakes twice - once when he was the recruiter for GWS, and again when trading for them with the Blues.

Yeah it's like eating your own vomit

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
tigertim said:
Carlton and ex GWS player Jarrod Pickett have mutually agreed to part ways.

Another winner from SOS (who is whispered to also be leaving Carlton!)

He would go close to oakley Nichols as the worse top 10 pick
Silivagni what a dud

Brimmy

Tassie Tiger
Apr 19, 2018
T-Shirt Tommy said:
The thing about SOS and his GWS retreads is that he's made the same mistakes twice - once when he was the recruiter for GWS, and again when trading for them with the Blues.

He couldn’t accept he’d overrated them first time and thought he was getting a bargain 2nd time around.

It’s called selling a dummy and buying it yourself.

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Pickett, 17 games in 5 season with 2 clubs.

I’d love to see some definitive data on SOS recruitment record.

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
IanG said:
SOS leaving Carltank? God I hope not, it would mean they'd actually got a clue.

:hihi

Well, rumours are that Wossy wants him at Freo.....so good luck Dockers.

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
The comments i head played on Footy Classified by Liddle were damning of SOS. Surprised they didn't make more of it.

The President being on the coaching selection panel is great though.

year of the tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 26, 2008
Tasmania
bump...

The media have no patience with Carlton who sit 2-3 on the ladder.

They have already written them off for the year and have Teague in their sights - don‘t you love these articles - the picture of a dejected team walking off the field after a loss, streams of text ripping into their list, failed first rounders, lack of spirit, the build up during the off season and now it’s only round 5 and their season already on a knifes edge..........long may it continue.

.... it was us that not long ago, now it’s the bloose, bumbers and that other club in a world of revolving pain.

No sympathy from me to any of em. Eat em alive Tigers.

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
bump...

They have already written them off for the year and have Teague in their sights - don‘t you love these articles - the picture of a dejected team walking off the field after a loss, streams of text ripping into their list, failed first rounders, lack of spirit, the build up during the off season and now it’s only round 5 and their season already on a knifes edge..........long may it continue.

.... it was us that not long ago, now it’s the bloose, bumbers and that other club in a world of revolving pain.

Teague is no better then the doofus before him.
No more under the table contracts has Carlton lost. Period.
They cannot develop, they cannot draft and they have and were always going to struggle with change in the game when it came to recruiting and drafting.
This is 30 years in the making.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
I've got more chance playing for Carlton then Curnow ever playing again.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
bump...

I dislike Carlton with a passion , however again I think this shows how the footy media are just ambulance chasers , the Blues have crucial injuries, I.e Marchbank, Curow, DeKoning, Martin ,Fisher etc , have lost 2 games to the 2 best teams , however the John Elliot legacy lives on

Reactions: 3 users

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
Wouldn't write the year off at 2-3 but gee they were uncompetitive on the weekend. There just isn't a lot of connection between the players. They don't have a brand and the senior core of the team don't set the tone. Backline is stable - Weitering/Jones/Docherty/Plowman/Williamson/SPS have played nearly every game for over a year. Added Saad to the mix and SPS is now a spare wheel. Trying to make Williams into a mid which has forced Setterfield to a wing and now out of the team after a good 2020. The mix ain't gelling.

Reactions: 3 users