Carltony | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Carltony

Giardiasis

Tiger Legend
Apr 20, 2009
Brisbane
Without that, any Doctor would recommend the vaccine to a patient and take it themselves because that is the medically sound course of action.
Point is, it doesn’t matter whether they think it is or not, they have to follow this instruction they have no room to do their own research and recommend anything different.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Well David doesn’t even believe in his own ownership of his own body so I’m not sure why he has anything to complain about in regards to his safety.

But Gia, it was my parents who mixed their labour to create me so if I was a piece of property (which I am not) surely they would own me?

DS

gold1

Tiger Champion
Feb 24, 2008
i am still confused. should the right to freedom of speech absolute or not? or is it dictated by the government through laws? or dictated by societies moral code? or an individuals?
Sorry about your confusion but if you are looking for enlightenment perhaps look within. I am no prophet whatever than entails.

Giardiasis

Tiger Legend
Apr 20, 2009
Brisbane
I think you are dramatically underestimating the intelligence and ethics of the medical profession.
Well given they operate a closely guarded cartel that significantly reduces competition for doctors and because of how far entwined governments are to the medical profession I think their ethics needs a serious examination.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

gold1

Tiger Champion
Feb 24, 2008
First past the post is an inherently flawed system. If you have 10 candidates (not that uncommon) it’s possible to be elected with 11% of the vote.
And the current system where backroom deals are done to get people elected is any better? Give me a genuinely majority elected person everytime.

• Dislike

wammo

We're from Tigerland
May 16, 2007
Point is, it doesn’t matter whether they think it is or not, they have to follow this instruction they have no room to do their own research and recommend anything different.
Absolutely they can do their own research, but until they can come up with evidence significant enough to change current theory, they are compelled to act in accordance with the best evidence that the medical and research communities can provide.

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
First past the post is an inherently flawed system. If you have 10 candidates (not that uncommon) it’s possible to be elected with 11% of the vote.
So that makes a system where a candidate gets 1% of the vote who then gets an additional 50% of the vote sold / donated to him by other candidates doing back room deals to try n shaft other contenders an ideal system??

Giardiasis

Tiger Legend
Apr 20, 2009
Brisbane
But Gia, it was my parents who mixed their labour to create me so if I was a piece of property (which I am not) surely they would own me?

DS
Actually you invaded your mothers womb and she had the right to abort you if she wanted to. She didn’t though, so your first use rights to your body have given you ownership of it. I couldn’t have an argument with you without presupposing your ownership of your body.

• Haha

Giardiasis

Tiger Legend
Apr 20, 2009
Brisbane
Absolutely they can do their own research, but until they can come up with evidence significant enough to change current theory, they are compelled to act in accordance with the best evidence that the medical and research communities can provide.
Exactly they have to conform to the established approved guidance even if they think it is in error. Approved guidance that is significantly influenced by the political motivations of governments.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Not sure how this relates to Carltank, but, people do realise they allocate their own preferences?

DS

Calton's season always goes off the rails so it's fitting that their thread also goes off it's rails. It'll be back with promise and high expectations soon enough only for the thread to derail again.

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
Really enjoy your posting but that’s one of your worst/laziest posts ever. Lift.

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
“Carlton will work with the AFL regarding options for filling Jones' spot on the playing list for the 2022 season.”
Ralph reporting:

”The AFL are likely to knock back Carltons request for an extra draft selection to replace Liam Jones. The AFL now has mechanisms such as the summer supplementary list that allow clubs to top up their list. So it would be unlikely the AFL would hand the Blues another early pick.

The cheeky buggers were after an extra ND pick! And an early one!

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
Ralph reporting:

”The AFL are likely to knock back Carltons request for an extra draft selection to replace Liam Jones. The AFL now has mechanisms such as the summer supplementary list that allow clubs to top up their list. So it would be unlikely the AFL would hand the Blues another early pick.

The cheeky buggers were after an extra ND pick! And an early one!
I can understand them using an extra pick at the end of the draft but did they actually request a compo pick in the early rounds?

Aegean Tiger

Tiger Superstar
Aug 27, 2008
I had my first shot 12 weeks earlier (Astrazenica) and within 2 hours was reporting to emergency with breathing issues (not as symptom of Astrazenica).

I'm a fit person, a bloody fit person. I've always been aboe to run 15k's at 4 minute k pace, even without having run for extended periods of time. When we were playing other forums in footy games, a lot of comments were posted on here about my physique. My build today was literally identical (6ft 2 and 94kg, 32 inch waist). I'm now 84kf, 10kg down in 12 weeks. but even now, 12 weeks after that first shot, i can't do anything physical without gassing out. How long this will last i'm not sure.

Basically, within 2 hours, i noticed a reduced capacity in my left lung. Right side seemd ok. It wasn't overly distressing, but any physical labor and i am getting light headed and neding to go to my knees for oxygen.

To say i was aprehensive about the second shot is an understatement.

I was due for the second shot 6 weeks later, but put it off for as long as i could whilst i had tests done, chest x-rays, bloods icg etc.

When i returned to my doctor he said "I'm going to print these result out for you because the results are off the charts" and went on to say it's like my results were mixed up with those of a 20 yr old athlete. It wasn't really what i wanted to hear. I was lke "If things are that good, why can't i raise a gallop now"?

Anyway, with much trepidation i went and had the second shot last Tuesday. I didn't notice my breathing get any worse than it already was. I had the shot at 10am. By 4pm i noticed tightness in my shoulders and neck. By 6pm i had a thumping headache. As i type this now, the headache is still there. Yesterday i consulted Virtual ED and over video conference went over the symptoms. In the back of my mind was clotting, but i felt that was unlikely as the area bulging up in my neck isn't extremely warm and it came on too quickly to really be clotting. The person on the other end of the conference suspects a gland in my neck has swollen and hit a nerve, causing the neck muscle to bunch up and cause the headaches. She suggested just to make sure, that i go to emergency. I basically aid "F... that", and have made an appointment with my ormal GP. At least i can trust that he is thorough.

I also have a client who is an AFLW player. One of her team mates canot train after taking Astrazeneca........ same symptoms as me, cannot raise a gallop without blowing up. So how i'm being told it's not a symptom is beyond me, i mean my social circles aren't that large and i know of one other already.

Interestingly when i had the ICG done, the nurse performing the test told me she'd already had 4 females present just that morning with abnormal heart rythm. This was literally before 11am. I know this issue mainly affects yoinger males, so i was surprised to hear that.

My brotrher in laws brothers son has been in hospital for over 5 weeks in a real bad way from Pfizer. I suspect he gets into steroids a bit so i wonder if there may have been a reaction because of that. I try to be balanced on this subject, but anyone who thinks the the $$$ from big Pharma are not controlling the narrative here are kidding themselves. Shareholders in these companies are rocketing up the world's richest lists as we speak.

The idea that we need to inject children with this is beyond a joke. Likewise, the idea that people who have recovered from Covid need to be vaccinated is equally laughable. Studies in Isreal and now elsewhere are showing natural immunity to be far higher than that of the vaccines. It just seems like the more arms the bigger the dollar signs.
Terrible situation Frick. All the best for a speedy recovery and thank you for sharing. Do you know whether your reaction was recorded as an Adverse Event by your GP?

For those that are not aware, the TGA publicly releases information on adverse events related to medicines and vaccines. This is done on their website through the Database of Adverse Events Notification (DAEN). As at 2 Nov 2021, the safety data for the 2 leading vaccines in Australia is as follows:

Astrazeneca
Number of reports (cases): 40298
Number of cases where death was a reported outcome: 393

Comirnaty (Pfizer)
Number of reports (cases): 36647
Number of cases where death was a reported outcome: 227

So a total of approx. 77,000 reported adverse events (yes the majority of these are very much on the minor scale) and a total of 620 linked deaths. This should be balanced out against a total number of COVID-19 deaths in this country for 2021 which currently stands at 193. I won’t bother going into age breakdown of COVID-19 related deaths suffice to say they are very much weighted to the 70s and over.

Clearly the vaccines have saved lives, particularly for those most vulnerable in our communities. However, we should also understand that they do not come without inherent risk. Indeed, for younger, healthier cohorts it may be plausibly argued that risk of harm from the vaccines could actually outweigh the modest benefits.

So perhaps Liam Jones is simply hesitant due to vaccine safety concerns? IMO always best to try to understand why people are hesitant rather than to immediately marginalise, discredit and in some cases vilify these individuals.

Last edited: