Carltony | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Carltony

RoarEmotion

Tiger Champion
Aug 20, 2005
So a total of approx. 77,000 reported adverse events (yes the majority of these are very much on the minor scale) and a total of 620 linked deaths. This should be balanced out against a total number of COVID-19 deaths in this country for 2021 which currently stands at 193. I won’t bother going into age breakdown of COVID-19 related deaths suffice to say they are very much weighted to the 70s and over.

Clearly the vaccines have saved lives, particularly for those most vulnerable in our communities. However, we should also understand that they do not come without inherent risk.
great post. I would say we need to balance vaccine caused deaths / injury against prevented covid deaths / injury PLUS the unvaccinated covid deaths/injury shown above..

That’s a much more subjective number and the timeframe needs to be across the full length of the pandemic. But it can be extrapolated based on what happens to infected unvaccinated and vaccinated people. We would find orders of magnitude difference and not the small numbers you show above.

It’s always tricky to explain a positive about what hasn’t happened and factor it into your thinking.

Reactions: 1 users

Aegean Tiger

Tiger Superstar
Aug 27, 2008
great post. I would say we need to balance vaccine caused deaths / injury against prevented covid deaths / injury PLUS the unvaccinated covid deaths/injury shown above..

That’s a much more subjective number and the timeframe needs to be across the full length of the pandemic. But it can be extrapolated based on what happens to infected unvaccinated and vaccinated people. We would find orders of magnitude difference and not the small numbers you show above.

It’s always tricky to explain a positive about what hasn’t happened and factor it into your thinking.
Absolutely some work there for someone to do RE.

In terms of timeframe, just remember that out of the total number of COVID-19 deaths in Aus, 800-900 were in Victorian aged care facilities during the first outbreak which if memory serves was during Aug - Nov 2020 approx.

Bennnny

Punt Road End. The best place to watch The Tiges.
Mar 29, 2005
Melbourne
www.indieinitiative.com
Terrible situation Frick. All the best for a speedy recovery and thank you for sharing. Do you know whether your reaction was recorded as an Adverse Event by your GP?

For those that are not aware, the TGA publicly releases information on adverse events related to medicines and vaccines. This is done on their website through the Database of Adverse Events Notification (DAEN). As at 2 Nov 2021, the safety data for the 2 leading vaccines in Australia is as follows:

Astrazeneca
Number of reports (cases): 40298
Number of cases where death was a reported outcome: 393

Comirnaty (Pfizer)
Number of reports (cases): 36647
Number of cases where death was a reported outcome: 227

So a total of approx. 77,000 reported adverse events (yes the majority of these are very much on the minor scale) and a total of 620 linked deaths. This should be balanced out against a total number of COVID-19 deaths in this country for 2021 which currently stands at 193. I won’t bother going into age breakdown of COVID-19 related deaths suffice to say they are very much weighted to the 70s and over.

Clearly the vaccines have saved lives, particularly for those most vulnerable in our communities. However, we should also understand that they do not come without inherent risk. Indeed, for younger, healthier cohorts it may be plausibly argued that risk of harm from the vaccines could actually outweigh the modest benefits.

So perhaps Liam Jones is simply hesitant due to vaccine safety concerns? IMO always best to try to understand why people are hesitant rather than to immediately marginalise, discredit and in some cases vilify these individuals.
Were the deaths from Covid or from side effects of the vaccine?

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Big rumour they are trying to get Rance out of retirement.
Last time i checked they were trying to get Silivagni to come back.
$100 bucks Voss will be gone by the start of 2025

Aegean Tiger

Tiger Superstar
Aug 27, 2008
I'm not an expert on these matters, but my understanding is any death following a vaccination is reported as an adverse event.

So for example a nursing home full of elderly people might have 2 or 3 patients die each week on average, from a variety of causes. The week they vaccinate the residents 2 or 3 still die from a variety of causes but they are recorded as adverse events.
No there needs to be a causal link to the vaccine TBR. If not, the death would not be recorded as an adverse event.

• Dislike
Reactions: 1 user

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
How did the Brad Lloyd survive the 'internal review'?
With mate's like Lloyd who needs enemies

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
No there needs to be a causal link to the vaccine TBR. If not, the death would not be recorded as an adverse event.

Reports of death in people who have been vaccinated​

Large scale vaccination means that coincidentally some people will experience a new illness or die within a few days or weeks of vaccination.
The TGA reviews all deaths reported in people who have been vaccinated. As the number of vaccinated people has increased, so has reporting of fatal events with a coincidental association with vaccination. This does not indicate a link between vaccination and the fatalities reported. Review of individual reports and patterns of reporting does not suggest the vaccines played a role in these deaths.
Since the beginning of the vaccine rollout to 17 October 2021, approximately 32.7 million doses of COVID-19 vaccines have been given. So far, the TGA has found 9 reports of death that were linked to immunisation from 612 reports received and reviewed. The overwhelming majority of deaths reported to the TGA following vaccination occurred in people aged 65 years and older. The deaths linked to immunisation occurred after the first dose of Vaxzevria (AstraZeneca) – 8 were TTS cases and one was a case of immune thrombocytopenia (ITP).

Reactions: 3 users

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
Astrazeneca
Number of reports (cases): 40298
Number of cases where death was a reported outcome: 393

Comirnaty (Pfizer)
Number of reports (cases): 36647
Number of cases where death was a reported outcome: 227

Clearly the vaccines have saved lives, particularly for those most vulnerable in our communities. However, we should also understand that they do not come without inherent risk. Indeed, for younger, healthier cohorts it may be plausibly argued that risk of harm from the vaccines could actually outweigh the modest benefits.
9 linked deaths from 656 reports received and reviewed. Not 620 linked deaths as I read it.

Reactions: 1 users

Aegean Tiger

Tiger Superstar
Aug 27, 2008
That's not my understanding Aegean.

https://www.aap.com.au/factcheck/australian-vaccine-death-claims-are-a-data-dupe/

This is an excerpt from the above article:

A spokeswoman for the TGA told AAP FactCheck the medicines regulator reviewed all reported deaths in people who had received the vaccinations.

“Reporting and publication of an adverse event report in the DAEN, including death, does not necessarily mean that it is related to the medicine or vaccine,” she said in an email.

The spokeswoman added that as the number of vaccinated people increased, so did reporting of adverse events and deaths with a coincidental association with vaccination.

“This does not indicate a link between vaccination and the fatalities reported. Review of individual reports and patterns of reporting does not suggest the vaccines played a role in these deaths,” she said.

More than 19 million COVID-19 vaccine doses had been administered by August 29, according to the TGA report. A spokeswoman later added that around 78 per cent of the deaths reported following vaccination had occurred in people aged 65 years and older. This figure is in line with the age makeup of deaths among the general population before the pandemic.

This article was a bit earlier than your data but had 495 deaths reported to DAEN, and 9 were able to be attributed to the vaccine. If that ratio is continuing your 620 deaths would be more like 12 deaths as a result of vaccination.
Thanks TBR. Very interesting wording in that article. Nonetheless, you are correct, I probably should have said perceived relationship b/w the vaccine and the adverse event.

A point to note is that the data contained in the notification reports received by the TGA is first coded and analysed in the internal TGA system simply to determine safety signals before being made available in the public facing system. Based on my understanding, these reports do not have the all the data necessary to fully assess the safety of the medicine or vaccine. It is therefore strange to me that the TGA spokeswoman would say that a "Review of individual reports and patterns of reporting does not suggest the vaccines played a role in these deaths”.

Clearly, a significant amount of global safety data is starting to accumulate this requires serious investigation. Patterns are emerging. IMO there is much, much work to do before anyone can determine whether the reporting of these events is, or is not a "coincidental association" with the vaccines.

More importantly, due to the voluntary nature of the reporting process, I think it would be fair to suggest that adverse events are actually being under reported.

Aegean Tiger

Tiger Superstar
Aug 27, 2008
9 linked deaths from 656 reports received and reviewed. Not 620 linked deaths as I read it.

Yes 9 confirmed deaths as at 11 Nov. Does not mean the investigation has closed on other linked cases.

The figures I provided were based on a search of DAEN. If interested you can perform your own search by going to the following link:

code yellow and black

Tiger Rookie
Sep 21, 2014
100yr old across the rd died within a week of receiving Astrazeneca. Family tried hard to get phizer but government said no. 100yr old going ok and got the jab because she was going out on regular outings (assisted) with her elderly friends. Daughter said officials failed to acknowledge AstraZeneca was the reason for her death. Guessing she hasn’t been included in the official stats.

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
100yr old across the rd died within a week of receiving Astrazeneca. Family tried hard to get phizer but government said no. 100yr old going ok and got the jab because she was going out on regular outings (assisted) with her elderly friends. Daughter said officials failed to acknowledge AstraZeneca was the reason for her death. Guessing she hasn’t been included in the official stats.
I cant think of any other reason a 100yo could die.

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users

deedee

Tiger Matchwinner
Sep 12, 2011
That's absolutely not correct.

If a patient has a legitimate reason to be at risk from the vaccine then the Doctor won't recommend it for them. Nor would a Doctor in the same position take the vaccine or be expected to.

Without that, any Doctor would recommend the vaccine to a patient and take it themselves because that is the medically sound course of action.
This is the internet, please purchase a tinfoil hat and stop using the truth and commonsense to back up your position on this subject.

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

deedee

Tiger Matchwinner
Sep 12, 2011
So that makes a system where a candidate gets 1% of the vote who then gets an additional 50% of the vote sold / donated to him by other candidates doing back room deals to try n shaft other contenders an ideal system??
Vote below the line, it's not hard.

tigerdell

Hope springs infernal
Mar 29, 2014
i was *smile* loving this thread for a while and having no *smile* idea what was being said.
Sadly the last page or two has been coherent and clear discussion. It doesnt belong here.
Bring back the freedoms of choice and chance!
Bring back the indepth exploration if David owns his own body or is it a tyranny?
Will the Doctors control society or can we all fight back by staying at home?

• Haha