Carltony | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Carltony

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Tough for the young fella, he's had an average first few years at AFL level. My sympathy for Carlscum though knows no bounds.

Reactions: 1 user

Mac

Tiger Champion
Sep 16, 2003
Now, I am no expert but I'm sure the more learned could identify perhaps some slanderous accusations in that article.

But along with our tragic result in the '13 EF in losing a final to the team outside the 8, may I also ask how did this mob beat us by some 14 goals in that first round in '12?

Disunity is death.

Malthouse was on the Kreuzer bus apparently rather than Hyundai!

While they got us on the day, I reckon in hindsight it was a great result.

They believed they were better than they were and we had to face the fact that we weren’t good enough without working strategically on things. The trajectory of both sides since that day has been a complete contrast in planning, preparation and identifying realities.

Reactions: 8 users

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Liam Jones to play with Palm Beach up on the Gold Coast.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 3 users

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
While they got us on the day, I reckon in hindsight it was a great result.

They believed they were better than they were and we had to face the fact that we weren’t good enough without working strategically on things. The trajectory of both sides since that day has been a complete contrast in planning, preparation and identifying realities.
And they haven't beaten us since.

tigers80

Tiger Legend
Jul 7, 2004
Speaking to a Carlton offical at work during the week.
they are very confident.
” ready to maul you guys”
were the words.

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
they are very confident.
were the words.
"Oh are they"?

"That's nice"!

"Our guys are pissed and ready to maul the entire competition and win our 4th flag in 6 years to make up for last year".

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
they are very confident.
were the words.
Phhhhht what is he, a Septic or something??
After being stitched up game after game for years, one might expect he'd be " quietly " in fact very quietly optimistic about round one. Perhaps even waiting until such time as they actually beat us before making a noise.

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
they are very confident.
were the words.

Yeah, you have to be optimistic before the season especially after a lot of lean years. I'm sure we were expecting to beat Carlton before just about every season opener in the bad old days.

I can understand optimism, I can understand being a bit gung ho about it, but if we maul them in round 1 then they can't complain about any blowback they get.

DS

DjJazzyPete

Tiger Matchwinner
Sep 8, 2014
Nata , Botswana
Their fans think they will beat us easy in the first round esp in the midfield. As they now think they have a top /super midfield . And they think our midfield players are old and finished .
Time will tell . Hope we smash em .

turk-d-tiger

Welcome to Richmond Football Club - Daniel Rioli
Dec 1, 2007
melbourne
Their fans think they will beat us easy in the first round esp in the midfield. As they now think they have a top /super midfield . And they think our midfield players are old and finished .
Time will tell . Hope we smash em .
Slow Cripps $900k
Downer Dow $0.50 cents
Weak Williams $900k
Even Slower Kennedy $0.25c
Missing Martin $ 1 Millionnnnnnnnnnn Dollars
Who Hewitt $who the heck knows

But they do have Sam Walsh (kids a gun)

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
Phhhhht what is he, a Septic or something??
After being stitched up game after game for years, one might expect he'd be " quietly " in fact very quietly optimistic about round one. Perhaps even waiting until such time as they actually beat us before making a noise.
Ha. That's not the Carlton way! However, tides have to change sometime. Might be closer this year ... maybe. First game of the season really means little anyway.