Carltony | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Carltony

Dyer'ere

Licensed to kazoo
Sep 21, 2004
Jones is easily their #1 back.

I’m less a Weitering hater than I used to be and I even admire his groundwork and ground skills. He has improved tremendously in the air. But he can still be exposed aerially. Maybe he’ll improve given more responsibility. I’ll believe it when I see it.

Marchbank was a very important player when they could get him right. He and Jones could get to any aerial contest and halve them all. Many classes above Weitering.

It is worth remembering that SOS took a back pocket player with the #1 pick in the National Draft. Because back pocket players are hard to find.

Did Clayton Oliver go in that draft? A back pocket player over a midfielder.

Good news for Carlton - perhaps their #1 ND pick can, after seven years in the system graduate from back pocket to full back. At Carlton full backs are hard to get.

Reactions: 3 users

Dyer'ere

Licensed to kazoo
Sep 21, 2004
I was just thinking that perhaps the situation is not irredeemable. Next time Carlton gets #1 pick in the ND, and that can’t be too far away, they can aim a bit higher and take a full back.

Because at Carlton full backs are really hard to come by.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

graystar1

Tiger Legend
Apr 28, 2004
They will miss Jones. He was pretty much a rock in defence.
Don't know why all this hype over Carlton.
Think we might have a bit of a fight on our hands in the opening game, but still expect to do them over.

Reactions: 1 user

richards42

making the crowd roar
Sep 15, 2005
Gold Coast
They will miss Jones. He was pretty much a rock in defence.
Don't know why all this hype over Carlton.
Think we might have a bit of a fight on our hands in the opening game, but still expect to do them over.
Unless Voss can improve them by another 10% I can’t see them making the eight. I think all the hype is actually hope after being in the wilderness for so long.

Ghost of 29

Handball - its just a fad!!
Aug 16, 2008
Speaking to a Carlton offical at work during the week.
they are very confident.
” ready to maul you guys”
were the words.
It will happen someday, and just wait for the over the top nonsense from the Blues and in the media

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
It will happen someday, and just wait for the over the top nonsense from the Blues and in the media
Oh yeah, when it does finally happen they’ll carry on like they’ve won the Premiership, lose their next 6 straight and sack their coach midway through the season, it’s the Carlton way. Meanwhile Richmond will probably go on to win another flag.

richards42

making the crowd roar
Sep 15, 2005
Gold Coast
Oh yeah, when it does finally happen they’ll carry on like they’ve won the Premiership, lose their next 6 straight and sack their coach midway through the season, it’s the Carlton way. Meanwhile Richmond will probably go on to win another flag.
They are probably my most despised supporter group. I haven’t gloated about beating them for a long time. The moment they beat us all the yapping will come from everywhere. The bummers are a close second. I’ve got a lot of Carlton supporters as mates who are getting a bit happy already.

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
They are probably my most despised supporter group. I haven’t gloated about beating them for a long time. The moment they beat us all the yapping will come from everywhere. The bummers are a close second. I’ve got a lot of Carlton supporters as mates who are getting a bit happy already.
They seem to do that most pre seasons, then it all comes crashing down in the first round. We were similar in the bad days, but I think they shade us for unfounded hysteria.

• Haha

Dyer'ere

Licensed to kazoo
Sep 21, 2004
It's not out of the question that I am bigoted about Carlton. Maybe some other PRE posters are too.

Could we enter, together, a new age of reason? One in which we rejoice in Carlton's successes on field or off?

A lot level blame at the Blues' coterie groups. But the coteries have been unwavering in their support of Carlton's greatest social justice success.

I cannot imagine the Do Gooders at Richmond exhibiting the compassion shown by almost all at Carlton for the demonstrated football liability Patrick Cripps. We at Richmond deride him even when he's destroying them. (Double standards much?)

I don't consider myself a naturally rational man. It's something I have to work at. I spend hours on the internet and at my printer producing life-size effigies of Patrick Cripps. I trawl the streets in My Crappsmobile dog whistling. And when a stray ventures into my sphere of influence I throw blood on the image, and spray mace in its eyes. I go through a lot of effigies and I'm feeling a bit dizzy but I have taught 11.4% of Melbourne's dogs to bite Patrick Cripps.

None at Carlton (and all there really have earned the right to) teach dogs to bite Patrick Cripps. And that's not rational.

It must be emotional. The fans in their humble cottages in Drummond Street, the coaches (whose careers have been destroyed by Cripps's endless and ever increasing uselessness), the coterie members who don't know any better, have made an anti-patriarchal and inspiring commitment to one who is openly committed to losing. Patrick *sob* Cripps.

And that can only be emotional. It can only be love.

All credit to Carlton. They're making a difference.

NB If you look like Patrick Cripps do not go near any dogs. I have injected many with tetanus, much to my regret.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 6 users

Dyer'ere

Licensed to kazoo
Sep 21, 2004
How would the headlines read if it got out of control?

"Large-frame Melbourne fan with stylish inner urban mini mullet (tipped) and total lack of football IQ critically infected with tetanus while supervising recent migrant changing Range Rover tyre in moderate 99% Victorian humidity."

"On a brighter note Carlton coterie self immolates for love. Eep!"

This is a dawning epoch, O, sinners of Richmond, fellow sinners. Carltons are changing the world.

Last edited:

turk-d-tiger

Welcome to Richmond Football Club - Daniel Rioli
Dec 1, 2007
melbourne
Unless Voss can improve them by another 10% I can’t see them making the eight. I think all the hype is actually hope after being in the wilderness for so long.
They will make the 8 in 2022

Carlton now have a list that has enough talent to make the 8 and with the best draw of all the teams they cannot possibly miss

• Sad

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
As long as it aint this year.

When they do start beating us again we will be shitt so it wont be a real big deal.

Was like everyone slapping us last year when the wheels fell off, meant nothing.