Carlton | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Carlton

mightytiges

The greatest Tiger of them all - Jack Dyer R.I.P.
Dec 16, 2002
It's Wednesday. It's 5 days ffs since the Roos game. Time to look ahead.

How does everyone think we will line up defensively given Gas' absense and assuming Dutchy won't be back until after the break? Although the Blues have a very ordinary side over the park especially down back, Fervola (this year), McKernan and Whitnall aren't actually dud forwards.

IMO
Zantuck on Fervola
AK on Whitnall
Leaving Vardy/Hall on McKernan.

-------------------------------------------------------------
Get Over It - The Eagles

It's like going to confession every time I hear you speak
You're makin' the most of our losin' streak
Some call it sick, but I call it weak

You drag it around like a ball and chain
You wallow in the guilt; you wallow in the pain
You wave it like a flag, you wear it like a crown
Got your mind in the gutter, bringin' everybody down
Complain about the present and blame it on the past
I'd like to find your inner child and kick its little ass

Get over it
Get over it
All this bitchin' and moanin' and pitchin' a fit
Get over it, get over it

Get over it
Get over it
It's gotta stop sometime, so why don't you quit
Get over it, get over it

Dean3

Older than I've ever been
Dec 17, 2002
Melbourne
I'd probably go for AK on Fevola, and Zanners on Whitnall - body shapes and mobility might match up better. Start with Vardy on McKernan, and see what happens.
Let's hope our midfield does the job and limits supply to these three anyway. If so, I'm confident we'll win well. It's a big 'if' though, without Johnson & Campbell. A few others need to step up for a game.

mightytiges

The greatest Tiger of them all - Jack Dyer R.I.P.
Dec 16, 2002
Dean3 said:
I'd probably go for AK on Fevola, and Zanners on Whitnall - body shapes and mobility might match up better.

That's true Deano. Just a bit worried about Ty playing CHB although Whitnall isn't reknowned for his endurance for a full game.

TigersGoddess

Sing it Loud
Dec 17, 2002
Punt Road Oval
Fantastic Post MT. All this he's a dud sack him, so and so is useless get rid of him is really getting boring. Didn't even bother posting this week, anytime someone tries to post something positive out come all the baggers and turn it into another boring post that I've read at least 3 times before in other threads. It's time to move on so here's a positive, only 14 more weeks of school left for me :rollin
Although I better keep up with the tradition of recent posts, so here's a negative, I have the GAT tomorrow dammit :p :-\ :mad: :'( :eek:

P.S. Carn The Tiges! (I don't think I could handle living with my mother if carlton win :rollin)

JohnF

LMFAOOO
Mar 29, 2003
I have a corporations law exam and a philosophy subject exam tomorrow. 7 hours of exam time... I think i'm going to be sick :-X

JohnF

LMFAOOO
Mar 29, 2003
;) Thanks mate. Anyone interested in sitting an exam for me?

Not sure really who should match up on who, but I think it wouldn't be a bad idea taking a reserve tall into the match. If Ben Holland's only problem is that he hasn't got match fitness as yet, then i wouldn't mind putting him on the pine as a reserve tall just in case something happens to Vardy, Zantuck or A. Kellaway. Could be right for a go for a quarter or two at least anyway.

Hall has been next to useless since his comeback from injury. He clearly needs some time in the 2's. Not sure if he is worth perservering with for another game in the firsts.

shawry

Tiger Legend
Apr 14, 2003
Adelaide, Australia
I could probably do your Corporations Law as i have a fair idea about that (you poor bastard, cant imagine anything worse), and philosophy i would have no idea.

All the best. 7 hours of exams is harsh.

julzqld

Do or do not - there is no try!
Dec 17, 2002
Palm Beach, Queensland
TigersGoddess said:
Fantastic Post MT. All this he's a dud sack him, so and so is useless get rid of him is really getting boring. Didn't even bother posting this week, anytime someone tries to post something positive out come all the baggers and turn it into another boring post that I've read at least 3 times before in other threads. It's time to move on so here's a positive, only 14 more weeks of school left for me
roll.gif

Here, here TG you are a breath of fresh air.

Although I better keep up with the tradition of recent posts, so here's a negative, I have the GAT tomorrow dammit :p :-\ :mad: :'( :eek:

What the heck is GAT????? Sounds painful.

I've got my daughter's sports day tomorrow. Go
2 Sapphire!

MC24

Tiger Superstar
Jan 14, 2003
JohnF said:
;) Thanks mate. Anyone interested in sitting an exam for me?

No. :D

I'd love to help, if only I could. Good luck anyway John. I have faith that you will pass with flying (yellow and black) colours. 8)

TigersGoddess

Sing it Loud
Dec 17, 2002
Punt Road Oval
julzqld said:
What the heck is GAT????? Sounds painful.
Julz GAT stands for General Achievement Test. It's made up of two essays both on topics that students havent looked at yet (this years was leisure activities and advertising) and 70 multiple choice questions covering a wide range of subjects.

The GAT is basically there so at the end of the year after exams, if you have been ill during the exams or something has happened to you in the lead up to the exams (family problems etc.) and you have applied for a change to your final score examiners can look at your performance in the GAT and estimate how you would have done in the exam in normal circumstances.

It's a bit confusing really. I got through it though, hopefully I went well.

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
I wonder how JohnF's day went. Lucky bugger doing exams while all we had to do was squabble on the message board. ;D

(Modesty forbids me telling who's year 10 daughter topped the class in the year 11 Biology exam. Takes after her Mum obviously. ;) )

MC24

Tiger Superstar
Jan 14, 2003
rosy3 said:
I wonder how JohnF's day went. Lucky bugger doing exams while all we had to do was squabble on the message board. ;D

(Modesty forbids me telling who's year 10 daughter topped the class in the year 11 Biology exam. Takes after her Mum obviously. ;) )

I'd like to know who it is Rosy, so I could say well done and congratulations. :D

Speaking of squabbling. I'm all squabbled out. Over and out for another day.

TigersGoddess

Sing it Loud
Dec 17, 2002
Punt Road Oval
JohnF said:
I have a corporations law exam and a philosophy subject exam tomorrow. 7 hours of exam time... I think i'm going to be sick :-X
Yuck... sounds hard hope you did well John.

rosy3 said:
That's a great effort, whoever she is should be very proud of herself ;) She could show the year 11's a thing or two ;D

Koalalill

Just looking for someone else to curse!
Dec 17, 2002
JohnF said:

Having completed my degree last Novemeber and now being a graduand :-\

I can honestly and philosophically say that Corporations law is the pits - thank goodness it was an open book exam or I would have been up that very murky creek ;)

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
MC24 said:
I'd like to know who it is Rosy, so I could say well done and congratulations. :D

TigersGoddess said:
That's a great effort, whoever she is should be very proud of herself ;)

I showed Soph your messages girls and she was pretty happy. Thanks. :)

Funny how being dux of the school etc meant nothing to me, but when it's my kids I'm proud as.
I guess that's something most people on here who are parents would relate to.

JohnF

LMFAOOO
Mar 29, 2003
Nothing like a post exam *smile* up. 4 beers and I was out!!!

Should anyone be wondering how I went in the exams, I'll tell you this much: We drink to forget.

Thanks for all the encouragement nonetheless guys!