Carlton | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Carlton

bullus_hit

Whatchu talkin about Jack?
Apr 3, 2006
King Kong said:
Carlton gave up a 2017 1st rounder for Marchbank which was then passed on to us for Deledio. Not really a bargain

I thought that was Geelong's first rounder?

footballmonk

Tiger Matchwinner
Oct 7, 2008
bullus_hit said:
I thought that was Geelong's first rounder?

Geelong gave their 2017 first rounder for Tuhoy (sp?) and Smedts with Carlton's 2017 2nd rounder coming back. Carlton then gave that to GWS who passed it on to us Deledio. So yeah, they effectively gave up a first round pick for Marchbank .

As for the subject of the thread, I also think Carlton are re-building pretty well. The Gws players they got this year should be a lot better than the ones they got last year.

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
spook said:
But they swapped Tuohy for the first-rounder.

A little bit more than just Tuohy unless you think Smedts is worth a 2nd rounder. Me. I'd think he's probably worth almost a throw away pick like so many others, so they gave far more for Marchbank than just Tuohy.