Carltony | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Carltony

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Rumoured Frockers 26yo Blake Acres who played well against pies with 17K 10HB 27D 9M 3 tackles
Will be seeking a trade to Cartoon 3 years $350,000 pa
What BS Cartoon expects all to believe players accepting unders to play there

So a Perth boy, now back in Perth is going to leave and come back to VIC for $350k!! Either Freo completely and utterly low balled him, or that salary expectation is bulldust.

Reactions: 1 user

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
It was reported that Freo are offering him a 2 year deal between $200k and $300k hence his interest in Carlton’s offer of $333k for each of the 3 years. More money, more years.

WesternTiger

Tiger Legend
Nov 7, 2004
It was reported that Freo are offering him a 2 year deal between $200k and $300k hence his interest in Carlton’s offer of $333k for each of the 3 years. More money, more years.
I’m not an big fan of his but after last nights game not many who should be getting paid more than him at Feo…

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
Poor old Mickey Molloy.
He's gonna cop it big time tonight on The Front Bar.
After unloading on Pang and the Laughing Hyena for virtually the whole show a few weeks ago after Carltony's massive choke they are going to be waiting for him.
I hope he shows to face the music. (Unlike Pang who goes missing every 2 or 3 shows)
Can see Pang bringing out the Under The Pump board to pay out on Mickey.

Also The Sage, The Guru, The Tiger Whisperer, is on tonight.
Balmey!

Bring your hard hat, Mickey!
I know they did, but it’s pretty hollow from Maher and Pang considering that their team couldn’t even make the 8 and had nothing to do with our loss to Brisbane.

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
Harry McKay agreed to 7 year deal details $400,000pa and 50000 brown paper bags
They expect us to believe that McKay would agree to a long term deal for $400K a season? If those numbers are true, their books need to be investigated.

Reactions: 2 users

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
The HUN reporting Freo offered Acres $180,000 plus match payments! Geez that seems low.

Carlton offering $350,000 plus match payments.

percyms

Tiger Champion
Feb 24, 2008
The HUN reporting Freo offered Acres $180,000 plus match payments! Geez that seems low.

Carlton offering $350,000 plus match payments.
Where the hell does Carltank find the money - press never says a bloody thing re their highly paid long term contracts and yet they still chase more players from other clubs... Got me buggered where the dosh comes from.

btoz_01

Tiger Legend
Apr 5, 2004
Where the hell does Carltank find the money - press never says a bloody thing re their highly paid long term contracts and yet they still chase more players from other clubs... Got me buggered where the dosh comes from.
Got an idea where the dosh comes from
How they manage to stay under the salary cap is the ?

Willo

Tiger Legend
Oct 13, 2007
Aldinga Beach
Got an idea where the dosh comes from
How they manage to stay under the salary cap is the ?
Following geelong’s much vaunted salary cap model.
Media guess the wage but the players play for “peanuts” because they like the place
:LOL:
All bulls-it aside maybe they’re back ending everything like GC, I hope it bites them on the arse

BluesBloke

Tiger Superstar
Mar 15, 2012
Something something Harry McKay, something something Blake Acres, something something, brown paper bags, something something, Richmond. Am I doing it right?

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

Eddie from Elwood

Tiger Matchwinner
Sep 23, 2015
Following geelong’s much vaunted salary cap model.
Media guess the wage but the players play for “peanuts” because they like the place
:LOL:
All bulls-it aside maybe they’re back ending everything like GC, I hope it bites them on the arse
We had a great salary cap model as well, then we won Premierships.......every player on the Cats list is now worth more........more people want to come and so on and so on

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
McKay's 24, a bloody good player, this was Carlton's opportunity to lock him in for the rest of his career. Long contracts seem to be in vogue at the moment so Carlton would be looking at what other clubs will offer when he is out of contract and figure they could meet the contract length now and head off any attempts to lure him away.

If long contracts are the current price for a player, then long contracts are what you have to offer to keep a player.

It is a choice, the clubs all know the price to hold on to good players and if they want to keep those players they know they have to pay.

In any case, isn't everyone assuming the salary cap will rise over time? If that turns out to be an accurate prediction then long contracts in the context of the current salary cap are a great move.

DS

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
McKay's 24, a bloody good player, this was Carlton's opportunity to lock him in for the rest of his career. Long contracts seem to be in vogue at the moment so Carlton would be looking at what other clubs will offer when he is out of contract and figure they could meet the contract length now and head off any attempts to lure him away.

If long contracts are the current price for a player, then long contracts are what you have to offer to keep a player.

It is a choice, the clubs all know the price to hold on to good players and if they want to keep those players they know they have to pay.

In any case, isn't everyone assuming the salary cap will rise over time? If that turns out to be an accurate prediction then long contracts in the context of the current salary cap are a great move.

DS
Can you explain all that to Kane Cornes please. I’ve been texting him but he won’t reply. Maybe my repeated use of the word dullard isn’t helping….

• Haha

hutstar

Tiger Superstar
Dec 17, 2002
Florida

DS
Long contracts avoid the potentially salary-cap exploding renewal when a player hits full free agency. If you're most likely going to want them when they're 28, you may as well sign them up early and swap more guaranteed money at less $ per year. It has yet to really screw a club (AFAIK), but eventually it will. I like McKay, but he does look like the kind of guy who could have a massive knee blowout in time.